PDA

View Full Version : DSG replacement - more waiting

geojack555
30-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Guys got a new ETA for my DSG replacement...it is going to be longer than early promises. Another 2 weeks to get it fixed! My DSG broke 10 days back!

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=37790

VW managed to get me a loan car after some serious fights...but guess what the air con in the loan car doesn't work! Now I have to take it to the dealer again to fix the loan car...it is driving me crazy!

gregozedobe
30-11-2009, 09:19 PM
That sucks x2

They are probably sending all their spare DSGs over to the US :(

Dubya
30-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Guys got a new ETA for my DSG replacement...it is going to be longer than early promises. Another 2 weeks to get it fixed! My DSG broke 10 days back!

VW managed to get me a loan car after some serious fights...but guess what the air con in the loan car doesn't work! Now I have to take it to the dealer again to fix the loan car...it is driving me crazy!

Don't worry, I'm sure one of the usual suspects / VW apologists will soon post a message telling you how reasonable that is and that if you wanted better parts availability you should have bought a Commodore/Falcon and if you wanted a better loan car you should have bought a Lexus/Audi.

As you have seen, they can be thoughtful like that here. . .:brutal: . . . but perhaps pre-emption of their patronising and asinine comments will forestall them!:P

geojack555
02-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure one of the usual suspects / VW apologists will soon post a message telling you how reasonable that is and that if you wanted better parts availability you should have bought a Commodore/Falcon and if you wanted a better loan car you should have bought a Lexus/Audi.

As you have seen, they can be thoughtful like that here. . .:brutal: . . . but perhaps pre-emption of their patronising and asinine comments will forestall them!:P

True. I was so annoyed on that reply on my last thread, especially when someone saying 'Get a Lexus if you need a loan car'. I would think no matter what car you have, the manufacturer should be 100% responsible and should take adequate measures for such major failures at least during first few months on a new car!

Gravey
02-12-2009, 08:42 AM
You would think that with any product, the service should reflect the quality of the product. In a way it doesnt seem like they are surprised by the failure and think that you shouldnt be surprised by the failure either - so unless the service reflects their shock that their amazing product (it was 'amazing' when they were trying to sell you the car wasnt it?) has failed on you, it would seem that they have little faith in the product they are selling

weiero
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Mate i waited 3 weeks for a dealer to figure out what was wrong with my car... turns out mechatronic unit. like i told them in the first place. :mad: I had a number of loan vehicles. Started off they couldn't assist till I got mad so they offered me a Caddy.... NO THANKS. Next was a Polo. NO THANKS. Then for some reason they found a golf for me... out of thin air :confused:. Then they asked me to return the Golf as it was loaned to Press... and offered me the Polo again. NO THANKS. I ended up with a VGA press car 147kw Tiguan... Believe me if you have any more problems ring Customer complaints in VGA.. I had a little tip from some one high up :cool:

Frankenstrat
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
[Edited to remove content that Maverick took exception to. It's not my intention to inflame anybody on this forum]

Maverick
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
True. I was so annoyed on that reply on my last thread, especially when someone saying 'Get a Lexus if you need a loan car'. I would think no matter what car you have, the manufacturer should be 100% responsible and should take adequate measures for such major failures at least during first few months on a new car!

Actually that was you who said you should get a Lexus.

So the moral of the story is either buy Lexus or get two VWs for that price and use one when the other fails!!

What I said in response to you complaining about the lack of loan cars.

Unless you're a premium brand like Lexus you can't afford to have loan cars sitting around on the off chance that someone who purchased a car from most likely another dealer requires one because their car broke down. VW won't cover the cost of a loan car AFAIK so is the dealer supposed to fund it from their own pocket?

I'd rather keep the cost of the car down and maintain a relationship with the one dealer so hopefully they would help me out if this occurred. But if they didn't and I needed a car I'd just hire one for the period.

and

That shouldnt be the case as they should have atleast one spare car for emergencies, especailly when they take 1-2 weeks to fix something. Just coz of this, I would be spending additional money from my pocket along with paying the EMI for the new car which is waiting to get repaired. So in actual fact, I am paying for the new car for nothing (as i cant use it) and also need to pay extra for my transportation!

Buy an AUDI or another premium brand if you want a greater chance of a loan car being available if your car fails. There's a reason why you pay an additional 20% for what is essentially a VW and that's for these extra services. Looking at the websites none of the premium brands guarantee a loan car if your car breaks down, all stipulate that they're not responsible for any other costs you incur and Lexus are the only ones who offer a loan car at no cost across all dealers.

If VW aren't going to pay a dealer to have a loan car on standby 24/7 how does the dealer recover the cost? Through selling new cars? And how does he recover the cost when it's a car purchased from another dealer? And if two cars come in the same week?

Maverick
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
That is an utterly lame and totally unnecessary response from that person, GJ.

Except that's not what I said.

I had something similar said to me when I complained to a Toyota dealer that the company WorkMate ute that I drive doesn't have intermittent wipe function. The clown at the service desk said to me "Well, you should have bought the SR then." I mean, come on, is it Toyota policy that this ute isn't to be driven when it's drizzling??? Eejits.

What's the point in complaining to the service desk at the dealer after a base model ute has been purchased about it missing what really is only a convenience feature and not required to operate the vehicle safely. Adding that feature costs money and each of these features adds up. What he said was correct, buy a higher spec model if you want extra features.

Frankenstrat
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
I didn't quote you Maverick, I responded to geojack555. If, in doing so I have offended you by misrepresenting what you DID say, then I apologise. I had thought GJ was quoting somebody at a dealership, not a member of this forum. I'm not familiar with any history between you both, and I shall graciously withdraw my comments.

My point WRT the WorkMate ute is that the user's handbook specifically mentions intermittent wiper function. Consider also that the ute is fitted with a cigarette lighter and a CD player, both of which I would gladly swap for intermittent wiper function. I don't really think anybody would consider intermittent wipers as worthy of 'higher spec' status.

Umai Naa!!
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
In respone to the topic at hand, ring Telstra (from another phone, obviously) and tell them your landline has failed. Then let us know how long it will take to A, finally get hold of someone within the company that can assist you and B, to actually get someone out to fix it.

My point is, just because it's the automotive industry, it doesn't mean things have to happen instaneously. Besides, the vast majority aren't paid enough to give a damn.