PDA

View Full Version : "B3ST" passat wagon

Pages : [1] 2 3

WABIT
27-11-2009, 01:47 PM
hey guys, some people have seen this car on carsales, and some on the owners rides section, but because ill be doing a fair few things to this beast, ill might as well throw the project here

its a '92 b3 passat wagon 2.0lt 16v! (auto lol)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8526-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8528-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8513-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8539-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8527-1.jpg

basically i got the car pretty neglected, the car was 4k overdue in service, the timing belt was 2 teeth out making the 3rd gear top speed of a blistering 60kph and the paint is in less than average condition..... a plus side is that the interior is immaculate! except red dust EVERYWHERE!!!!

anyways, basically the last few weeks were just getting the old girl running good again, so a major service and a complete filter change including all the belts ect was changed

then on the same weekend i installed my stereo system, its not crazy but does the job, i was sick of putting a carpeted black box in the boot making it look like its obviously got a subwoofer in the boot, so i chopped this up and turned it into my sub box

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/02112009450_1024x768-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/02112009459-1.jpg

now the main plan is to have air ride suspension tucking 17" wheels
i chose bagyard air bags because of their reputation and build quality
ive chosen an 8valve bag system, that means no more airbag bodyroll as air does not transfer from one bag to another when turning, each wheel has an "air-in" and "air-out" valve, hence 2 valves per wheel, if it were and older style 4 valve system, 2 valves per front and back of the car, only 1 "in-line" and 1 "out-line" controlles both front OR rear struts, and ill also be dog legging with an individial wheel control system, in other words, front, back and side to side!

bagyard air struts are made of specially build bilstein shocks re-dampered for air bag "springs", the shocks are also damper adjustable, same as the airbags obviously.......
this is where people sometimes get confused and claim airbag struts dont handle well, this isnt the case no more due to new shock/valve and airbag technology, this will handle and ride just as well as coilovers if not better than some cheaper coilovers, obviously if its not slammed all the way down and if the shock dampers are set right, but isnt that the case for coilovers too?..... anyways.... the bag's ill be getting..........

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/0716200933-1.jpg

they take about a month to build and they will be coming from austria, just 10klm away from worthersee! i just hope i get them intime and installed for SEDF!

also in the mix apart from getting the thing road legal! im currently restoring and trying to find someone to plug and redrill these wheels! so far no luck with the changing of PCD but ill find someone soon (hopefully)
then after the PCD is changed to 4x100, i had a problem with the inner barrell on the rear hitting the trailing arm, the beam will be modified to clear the inner barrell as i want to tuck these wheels while the car is scraping sills

specs are 17x7.5 ET50 and 8" ET52 autostrada modena's
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/08112009471-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/08112009472-1.jpg

an artist's impression thanks to "anth" on the forum who also runs buildthreads.com
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/wagonmod1-1.jpg

cheers fellas and stay tuned for more crap that ill be doing to this POS! :stupid:

dom

WABIT
27-11-2009, 01:50 PM
an out of space on the first post to put my system installed pictures so here they are

the plan was to hide everything as much as possible and to make out like there is no system at all, ive used all the OEM speaker grills and bought high quality speakers the same size/dimension as the original speakers.......

here is the sub box installed along with the amp and cables all hidden behind the esky

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8547-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8545-1.jpg

also a pic of the leather boot cover closed, you wont see the sub box with the tailgate closed
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/IMG_8546-1.jpg

ive also forgot to mention the exhaust needed repairs as there were holes and a big crack innit from the previous owner hitting and bending it, just got that done today
and also a bee sting aerial thanks to tim at DubAddiction!

next on the list is a good wash and detail, along with a MAJOR cut and polish!!!

cheers
dom

Big Yellow
27-11-2009, 02:12 PM
AHAHAHAHA that esky is BEST!!!!

good luck with it dude, cant wait to see the results!!

16v_kid
27-11-2009, 02:49 PM
the maddest esky ever!!!

:banana:

anth
27-11-2009, 02:49 PM
nice work dom, cant wait to see it sitting on its goolies. thanks for the shout-out too (btw its buildthreads.wordpress.com)

make sure you take heaps of pics and details along the course of the build so I can feature it when its done :)

Preen59
27-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Siiiiiiick. :)

DubSteve
27-11-2009, 03:17 PM
This thread is b357 :D

pansy
27-11-2009, 04:01 PM
That should look awesome on its guts, love the esky.

thestu
27-11-2009, 04:14 PM
B3ST!!! This thing is going to be wikid! Love your work dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorenz
27-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Keeping a close eye on this build, love it :D
Esky is the shiz aswell ;)

alex g
27-11-2009, 08:52 PM
great one off car dom, should be a treat or should i say is a treat

love the smooth grill, i have always wondered about this grill and cooling but it obviously works, must pull air from the lower bumper section??

cdogg
27-11-2009, 10:06 PM
interesting car this... would love to know some history about it, were these aus delivered? in regard to the wheels, try speakin to col at neway wheels, if he cant help you he will know some one who can. let us know how you get on... good luck

GOLFBALLS
27-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Awesome man!

I'm really growing a soft spot for these Passats too after seeing some great ones in Europe!

Cheers

thestu
28-11-2009, 02:35 PM
btw nice ducati in those pics ;)

WABIT
28-11-2009, 04:06 PM
cheers guys, ive always been interested in a b3 wagon, its a very acquired design which i actually dont mind!

as for the grill, the VW badge is a cooling system, when you open up the bonnet, you see a few plastic fairings that lead to the airbox

ive got someone looking at the mk1 tomorrow afternoon, she seems really really keen to take it off my hands, so it could be a matter of time till i pay for my airride kit for this MOFO!

dom

rayray086
28-11-2009, 05:33 PM
:thumb: Would be great to see it done to your liking @ SEDF!

28-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Nice! I must get a Dub b4 SEDF :emo_baghead:

lawny
28-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Lovin it dude! this thing Is going to be sick!

WABIT
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
well, ive sold the car, the guy is picking it up on the 19th! so that gave me time to think about what air ride kit i wanted

ive chosen this

MASON-Tech
Analog PLUS
Air Management
System

Complete 8-Valve Air Management Kit, so that means i can go front, back and side to side and also DOGLEGGING!! hell yeah 3 wheels yo!!

Includes:
1 - 5-gallon air tank
1 - AccuAir Filter/Trap
1 - Viair 400 Air compressor w/braided stainless leader hose, check valve, remote air intake kit, 135/150psi switch and relay
1 - 5-Switch Controller
4 - AccuAir 4-Corner Valve Unit
2 - Dual-needle Viair 200psi air pressure gauges
1 - Complete DOT Air Fitting Kit
50 - Feet of 3/8" DOT Air Line
50 - Feet 1/4" DOT Air Line

but ive customized it with 1/2" dump system for a faster drop

the bags are:

Front Air Struts

- Strut housings produced in-house using seamless heavy wall DOM tubing and laser cut components
- Modular design for easy service/maintenance
- Housings are completely TIG fixture welded and machined to exacting tolerances
- Bilstein Sport internals valved for excellent handling and great ride
- Exclusive Mason-Tech/Universal Air bags with CNC-machined billet aluminum end caps
- Aircraft-quality O-rings
- Bag placement optimized for handling, ride quality AND the lowest drop possible
- Clearance for up to 18" wheels
- 6.5" of total travel
- Accepts 1/4"NPT male fittings
- Braided stainless leader lines included
- Stainless steel bolts
- Strut bearing assemblies included
- Beautiful, super-durable finish (custom colors available upon request)
- All components made in the USA (except the German-built Bilstein internals)
- 3-5 business day turnaround on most orders

the rears are a new design that they are releasing soon, the previous rears for sale were custom machined Air Lift Chapman rear strut, but they are releasing the new bilstein custom air struts and ill be one of the first to purchase a set!!!

ive also chosen a custom color.... well the missus did, i told her shes only got 1 go at choosing a color and well..... PURPLE!!!!

i decided thats that so ill change it up a little

the paint scheme for the 4 struts are..................

dark purple holographic metal flake, with gold plated bolts, end caps and air bag bands! :cool:

exactly like this
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/2374223294_c165366cafjpgv0-1.jpg

anyway the order has been put through and they should arrive in 6 weeks!!!

untill then im getting the passat roadworthy and rego'd!!!

dom

WABIT
06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
because the lips on the modena's were so badly damaged, i had a friend of mine come pick them up and over this week he will be machining the faces of the lips, he will also be machining about 2-3mm off the mounting face where it meets the center section to tuck the lip's in... once they are done ill start polishing them to mirror finish, then ill give him the centers so he can machine the back plate about 5mm where the barrels mount so it tucks the barrel's in another 5mm hopefully with this i can actually tuck front rim about 1-2 inches while being aired out....... ill get pics up as hes doing them :banana:

also im having another problem with the rear 8" wheels and the 52 offset... everything clears except the barrels hit the trailing arm, once the wheels are all machined and if it still hits (and im sure it will) ill be modifying/notching the trailing arm to fit the 8" wide 52 wheels and also tuck rim at the rear.... pics will also be documented :cool:

thanks for looking
dom

schwartza3
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
nice car Dom, hope you have it all done by sedf
i got my bbs filled and redrilled by stonestar aust.
they've just redrilled my oz futuras the other day n they do a quality job at a very good price.

dylan8
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
How do you think its all going cost wise vs a good quality coilover system... obviously there a completely different system to serve different purposes but it'd be interesting to see. Love the photoshop anth did, if you can get it to look like that (or even better :P) it'll be a winner!

rayray086
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
they've just redrilled my oz futuras the other day n they do a quality job at a very good price.

Hey schwartza, how much did they charge you?

WABIT
06-12-2009, 04:59 PM

please PM me details!!!!!

dom

WABIT
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
How do you think its all going cost wise vs a good quality coilover system... obviously there a completely different system to serve different purposes but it'd be interesting to see. Love the photoshop anth did, if you can get it to look like that (or even better :P) it'll be a winner!

well..... with the system im getting itll work just as good as coilovers, the shocks are damper adjustable and i have an 8 valve system, if you read the first post i put up on this thread it gives a detailed discription on how my airride will work and what older style air ride kits used to work like and how they got their bad name......

cost wize, i dont care about the cash, ive always wanted airride...... even before i wanted a VW, now i have both, but i gotta admit i never EVER thought id have enough money for an airride kit

EDIT: i also forgot to mention that instead of going for bagyard air bags, ill be going mason-tech, i found out the build time for these bagyards are 4-6 weeks, from austria they need to be shipped to the U.S to open road tuning (2 weeks) then sent to my house (1 week)

i simply dont have that much time to be waiting around for an air ride kit to be built and sent to 3/4's of the world before i get to install them, mason tech have a 2 week build period then a 3-4 working day shipment time to my house! NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT!!!!

dom

dubai gti
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
one sweet wagon Dom...as I once mentioned b4, I had a boss in London with one of these wagons (top of the line spec. from memory) back in the days of me a broke Backpacker in 91/92...have always liked them...careful though...my 1st wagon was cool, but soon led to house renovating, marriage, kids and the rest is history.....:vw:

schwartza3
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey schwartza, how much did they charge you?

please PM me details!!!!!

dom

pm sent.

they charged $35 per wheel for redrill.
i don't remember how much the fill/redrill was

fuzion
07-12-2009, 08:08 AM
no worthersee for dom!

DubSteve
07-12-2009, 08:51 AM
no worthersee for dom!

I was waiting for you to chime in and say something haha :banana:

WABIT
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
REGO'S BOOKED FOR MONDAY!! DAMN IT! I MISS OUT DRIVING THE PASSAT AT THE MAROONDAH DAM CRUISE!!!!!

on another update... ive ordered my tyres for the 17's!!!

165/40 17's go on 7.5" wide
185/35 17's go on 8" wide

they should come either wednesday or friday! BEST!!!!

dom

Lorenz
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
What tyres are they? Didnt even know they made them in those sizes, should be some nice stretch though :D

Jarred
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Nankangs :D

DubSteve
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Nankangs :D

Linglongs? :banana:

jayjay
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
all quality tyres. ;)

hope to see this badboy tearing up the streets soon.

how does legislation go with bags?

hill billy
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey Dom,

you'll love your wagon, they're a great cruiser.

I own an Australian delivered Wagon, a white '91 auto.

VW officially imported 14 B3's into Australia, 5 wagons, before deceiding that they were too expensive, at $40,490. + on road costs.

Where are the other wagons/ sedans now? I know a few sedans have been wrecked for the 16v motor.

I'd love to convert mine to a 5 speed manual, if anyone knows where there is a manual B3 in a wrecking yard, I'd like to know.

Steve

WABIT
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
thanks for the info dude, yeah i love it its awesome, i just cant understand why all the b3 passats are soo far away from main cities? i picked mine up from a place 600+klm away from sydney!!!

dom

WABIT
07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
how does legislation go with bags?

yeah the tyres are ghey but the only company that imports that size

as for legislation's... what legislation's? haha just dont get caught
id like to engineer it but CBF

dom

anth
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I think bags can be engineered if they cannot be controlled while driving, and that the lowest height is still above the legal requirement of 100mm. Pretty sure I read about a chev in Street Machine that had a setup like that and it was legal...

...stuff that!

WABIT
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I think bags can be engineered if they cannot be controlled while driving, and that the lowest height is still above the legal requirement of 100mm. Pretty sure I read about a chev in Street Machine that had a setup like that and it was legal...

...stuff that!

yeah heard something like that too AND exactly my thoughts as well

hahahhaha

dom

Jarred
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
it shouldn't be too hard to engineer, given that the air ride is direct replacement for standard struts. It's not as if you've had to modify (cut and weld) bits and pieces to put it together.

Oneofthegreats
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
it shouldn't be too hard to engineer, given that the air ride is direct replacement for standard struts. It's not as if you've had to modify (cut and weld) bits and pieces to put it together.

You'd be very surprised chief how hard it is to engineer something like this & its not a cheap process either!

As soon as you drill into the floor pan for anything, it has to be inspected!
& that means just mounting the air tank!

WABIT
08-12-2009, 12:35 AM
this is true, cant mount anything without getting it assessed, bolt in stuff thats ok (still needs to be approved to OZ standards) but anything i need to screw into the body needs to be checked and cleared

new numberplates coming soon, itll be funny seeing people looking at me strange because my car isnt actually lowerd when i drive
untill i hit the switches hahaha!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/LOWID-1.jpg

dom

fuzion
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
lowid sounds like "HAMED" ..

id expect a unique haircut and a 13 y.o sitting next to you if i saw those plates lol.

DRECK ....

Big Yellow
08-12-2009, 08:34 AM
lowid sounds like "HAMED" ..

id expect a unique haircut and a 13 y.o sitting next to you if i saw those plates lol.

DRECK ....
hahaha funny, but kinda true.

get "NOTLOW" lolz

or "2LOW" and drive it 4x4 height all the time HAHAHA

fuzion
08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
drecksau (dirty pig)

trottel (idiot)

fotze ...

verrueckt (crazy) (or maybe verukt)

fett (fat)

Big Yellow
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Lowwgn

im2low

lowdub

lowb3

AGO41T
08-12-2009, 09:35 AM
[LOWIE] :P :emo_baghead:

DUB 12V
08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Lowbox

slywgn

bagiin

poswgn

Jarred
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
"BRAD"

end thread./

WABIT
08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
:banana::banana::banana:
the bags will arrive in under 6 weeks from today.....
:banana::banana::banana:

thestu
08-12-2009, 11:05 AM
best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WABIT
08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
the redrill of the rims are taken care of ! he told me i just need to drop them off for 3 hours, go shopping or something and they will be plugged and redrilled ready to go!! BEST!

thanks ALEX!!!

dom

VisionaryVr6
08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
the numberplate should clearly just be 'B3ST'

luke

WABIT
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
i was going to, but its kind of an inside joke amongst the VWW-ers and i dont wanna explain to all the minitruck boys why this car has BEST numberplates when it clearly isnt BEST! its B3ST as is a B3 model passat and i always say BEST when i like something ect ect.................

stuff that!

dom

fuzion
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
i was going to, but its kind of an inside joke amongst the VWW-ers and i dont wanna explain to all the minitruck boys why this car has BEST numberplates when it clearly isnt BEST! its B3ST as is a B3 model passat and i always say BEST when i like something ect ect.................

stuff that!

dom

just like

it would be best if you saved?

thestu
08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
HAHAHAA best pierre!

and dom if you dont get that number plate i will be very sad!

schoona
08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
This will be hawt... :d

WABIT
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
had a bit of a day today:

went in the b3 to cheltenham to drop off my wheel centers to get redrilled, on the eastlink cruising... the CAT and BATT lights come up, so im like "ok.... WTF?" pull into the service lane and turn the car off... looked at the altinator,batt ect NOTHING! jump in the car crank it....... brrrrrrr........... click, click, click, click..... NOTHING! shiate!!!!!

luckily i was close to jarreds house and i knew he was bumbin around today so gave him a call and asked for assistance, then a eastlink incident van spotted me and did u u-bob and jumped me, broom! stared up first go, callled j-rad n said dont worry all good BUT ill cruise to your joint first....

half way there brrr...... click, click, click, click, click! GODDAMN IT!!!!!

called j-rad, he came down and jumped it and babied it to his home :(

we jumped in his car and dropped the centers off, the bloked loved it, awesome people and they loved my tattoo ahhaha!

on the way home jarred and i thought it might just be the altinator so we went to my house and i got my other 16v alt, went back to his and swapped it over, NOTHING! red lights still on the dash!! DOH!

called up daddy and winged abit, he suggested bad wires from the alt, so torch in hand we went diving into this mess of an engine bay! and sure enough.......... a power wire was cracked and sitting on the starter motor just pumping juice straight to the body and draining the battery, ended up re doing it and its perfect!

so that was my day, ill be picking the centers up tomorrow! BEST!!!!

DOM

Jarred
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
bumming around at home?!? I barely woke up!

got me out of cleaning the floors though :D

Glad you got home OK

william
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
sounds like an ignition coil they are $120 from hanvick south yarra a well worth doin

WABIT
10-12-2009, 05:37 PM
nah dude it was a bloody cracked power wire sitting on "earth" just draining the batt man that pissed me off today!!!

dom

WABIT
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
got the wheels back from redrilling....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8583_1024x683-1.jpg

tucking 17x8's!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8584_1024x683-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8582_1024x683-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8581_1024x683-1.jpg

how he tapped them....
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8587_1024x683-1.jpg

dom

Water Boy
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Very nice :banana:

WABIT
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
after a day of thinking, ive decided on what color i want for the centers, they will be silver, but metal flake silver just to give it a bit of a twist.....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/productimg1196848133097-1.jpg

getjet
12-12-2009, 07:06 PM
love the esky. :bowdown:

Preen59
13-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow that would look good if it was 100mm lower! :P

WABIT
13-12-2009, 12:55 PM
lips are back from my mate andrew (hes a gun!) and they look perfect!, even managed to shave about 3-4mm off the front of the lip for guard clearance, i dont know if anyone could see the way the lips were before.... but they were F*cKeD!!
im going to go to the paint shop tomorrow and get some clear coat and the metal flake and hopefully get the centers painted asap!

some progress pics......
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8589-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8600-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8602-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8597-1.jpg

WABIT
13-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow that would look good if it was 100mm lower! :P

im trying to get that number.... but in CM hahaha

dom

Preen59
13-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Looks good dude. He's done an A1 job on that. :bigok:

WABIT
13-12-2009, 01:42 PM
also just been informed that their are no 185/35R17's in the country and they dont know when they will be shipped to OZ!! OMFG! not good news.... :mad:

dom

thestu
13-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Coming along well dude!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anth
13-12-2009, 08:48 PM
lookin good dom! hey give theo & costa a call at mag wheel & tyre in preston, I told them ages ago about the skinny nankang 17s and the next time i spoke to them they told me they ordered some in for ****s n giggles. I rekon theres a good chance they'll still have them, worth a shot dude

WABIT
13-12-2009, 11:16 PM
nooo ****! think i might call them up tomorrow, ive dealt with costa before, awesome bloke, i used to bring all my old skool wheels to his workshop for him to freak over! hahaha, good ol zender turbo's and borbets!!!

dom

LidoLove
14-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Loving the work done on these 17's!!! :cool::cool:

now spin up your Estorils to and remove the scallop like this....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_0015-1.jpg

WABIT
14-12-2009, 08:06 AM
hahaha and just the other day i was thinking about machining those wheels! haha

hey anth... no go on the tyres :( says he had them but were loong sold :( ahh well..... he gave nankang a call for me and the guy said about 4 weeks till they get another shipment, its pushing my time for SEDF a little bit.... same as the air ride!!!!!

dom

lawny
14-12-2009, 03:45 PM
man... when u said to me u were going to be getting those wheels fixed up and putting them on the passat, i thought good luck with that they r fooked..... but they have come up bloody awesome dude!:banana:

WABIT
14-12-2009, 04:12 PM
yeah dude, thought the same thing for a while, but i wouldnt have restored them unless i knew they would turn out good, their's heaps of meat on those lips and i could go an easy few more mm deeper

OHH! and BTW its rego'd! BEST! i can now make this thing illegal and unroadworthy!

im buying paint for the centers next weekend and hopefully have them painted and assembled mid next week.... tyres are another thing though, the front are here, but the backs arnet even in the country yet! and i still dont know when they will arrive!

dom

mk3 gti
14-12-2009, 04:19 PM
a good number plate wgn2envy

WABIT
14-12-2009, 04:20 PM
can only fit 6 digits in vic plates :(

dom

Jace
14-12-2009, 04:31 PM
This thing is great!

rayray086
14-12-2009, 06:15 PM
BEST! i can now make this thing illegal and unroadworthy!

HAHAHA love it!

Whubbsie
14-12-2009, 07:50 PM

can only fit 6 digits in vic plates :(

dom

just wgn-env then?

Silver dub
14-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm loving this dom, looking awsome

Big Yellow
14-12-2009, 10:05 PM
haha that has muzza written all over it LOL

16v_kid
14-12-2009, 10:12 PM
haha that has muzza written all over it LOL

yeah i know huh.

do something different Dom.

what i had in mind...

[AIR-B3]

:stupid:

VisionaryVr6
15-12-2009, 01:42 AM
im sorry, but it can only be 'B3ST'

WABIT
15-12-2009, 08:37 AM
think i might pull the back springs out today and sit the car on the new wheels to see how they clear or IF! they clear lol....

ohh and its staying LOWID boys n girls, believe me, if i had cash... id be buying every single plate you guys come up with, and have em on my front window like a big douche lol

dom

16v_kid
15-12-2009, 08:43 AM
think i might pull the back springs out today and sit the car on the new wheels to see how they clear or IF! they clear lol....

ohh and its staying LOWID boys n girls, believe me, if i had cash... id be buying every single plate you guys come up with, and have em on my front window like a big douche lol

dom

yeah, LOWID is the best man.

Go with that. :banana::banana:

Water Boy
15-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Whilst down at Truck city the other night being a ganster a young man told me "Bags are used for grocery shopping...."

Preen59
15-12-2009, 06:27 PM
What about VWB-357? Or for you, maybe DIK-247 Haha!

Preen59
15-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Whilst down at Truck city the other night being a ganster a young man told me "Bags are used for grocery shopping...."

Scheming for hookers, were we? :emo_baghead:

Water Boy
15-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Scheming for hookers, were we? :emo_baghead:

Nah bro but there was probz some slap! Mostly dudes poping top rad hoses I beleive...

Preen59
15-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Nah bro but there was probz some slap! Mostly dudes poping top rad hoses I beleive...

Stop typing like you're from south central you fag. :P

gldgti
15-12-2009, 06:54 PM
i guess at 24 i'm way to old and uncool to hang with you guys, cos i've got no idea what most of the last few posts mean.

passat looks a cool car indeed. i reckon it would look the goods a little taller and sneakier, but thats just me. still love the car.

lawny
15-12-2009, 06:56 PM
What about VWB-357? Or for you, maybe DIK-247 Haha!

fookin funny as preeny! :lmfao: sorry dom!

WABIT
15-12-2009, 10:00 PM
fookin funny as preeny! :lmfao: sorry dom!

hahaha dont worry... i pissed myself laughing at it too

and gldgti... dont worry about these homo's i couldnt understand any of the **** that comes out of their ferral mouth's, bunch of hooligans!!

dom

Preen59
16-12-2009, 07:23 PM
hahaha dont worry... i pissed myself laughing at it too

and gldgti... dont worry about these homo's i couldnt understand any of the **** that comes out of their ferral mouth's, bunch of hooligans!!

dom

Dude you want to try and decipher some of the **** you come out with! hahaha.

When's the air ride coming, boiiiiiii?

WABIT
16-12-2009, 10:58 PM
4 weeks from this saturday! thats also the rear tyres too!

dom

schwartza3
16-12-2009, 11:38 PM
lookin good dom, glad you got the redrill sorted.

WABIT
19-12-2009, 12:30 PM
some more progress, was scratching my head as to where to mount my air ride gauges.....

well after 2 weeks of thinking i came up with this... i boxed off the under dash cubby using a sheet of plastic and some araltide (thanks rayray) to bond them together.... once it dried (2days!!) i sanded it all back and prepared it for filler, i used a plasti-bond and packed it on, then sanded and smoothed it all... its primed and ready for some plastic texture black paint to make it all look factory....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/photo-2.jpg

Preen59
19-12-2009, 12:56 PM
That's cool as dude. Me likey.:cool:

WABIT
19-12-2009, 01:00 PM
That's cool as dude. Me likey.:cool:

cheers homie, don't be scared by the half smooth half textured look... shes getting full plastic wrinkle paint over it all so it looks factory :cool:

dom

WABIT
19-12-2009, 04:18 PM
just test fitted it... think ill leave it in untill i get the airbags

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/photo1-1.jpg

dom

madglf3
19-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Looking good mate, I've always loved low wagons. I'd love to come and see this at SEDF. I might be able to if I still have time off.

LidoLove
21-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Hello Buddy, Can you send me a pic of the rear of the wheels after the re-drill please. I have a 5x112 set in mind for my mk1:cool:

Cheers

WABIT
21-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Hello Buddy, Can you send me a pic of the rear of the wheels after the re-drill please. I have a 5x112 set in mind for my mk1:cool:

Cheers

yeah no problems ill get onto that for ya mate

also had a phone call just 5 min ago, from andrew at bagyard saying that the airbags will be started tomorrow, and the managment kit will be at his house in 2-3 days and ready to be shipped to mine! im soo exited and cant wait! ive wanted these waaay before i wanted a vDUB!

i forgot to mention ill be going back to bagyard apart from mason-tech, i had a few concerns about bagyard because of 2 things:

1. price, the struts are exceptionally more expensive compared to the mason-tech sruts, BY uses actual modified bilstein sport shocks and are adjustable damper'd, mason-tech uses std struts with bilstein inserts, plus it didnt help that mason-tech sraight off the bat gave me a huge discount, but andrew at open road tuning did help me out with discounts and has got GREAT! customer service, i think the communication exp was the thing that sealed the deal for me

2. my 2nd option was mason-tech just because they could have built AND SENT my airride kit alot quicker than the austrian based BY kit, if bagyard could pump the kit out intime, mason techs would have been bought, but thank god they can have it to me, HOPEFULLY in under 4 weeks!!!

anyways! they are coming all i need is like.... the previous weekend and the week before SEDF and ill be sweet!

cheers
dom

WABIT
21-12-2009, 08:45 PM
so! paid the full amount of the kit at 5:30am this morning! thats probarbly the only time i was happy to wake up that early!!!!

anyways i ordered a custom kit, i though no point getting the basic kit if i wanted to upgrade in the future......

so i custom ordered:

twin viair 480C compressors
5 gallon 5 port airtank
7 switch switchbox
standard 3/8" air inlet lines and valves
custom 1/2" air dump lines and valves
newly released bagyard Bomber series front bilstein sport struts with contitech airbags, (damper adjustable)
bagyard new release bilstein sport struts with airbags over struts (damper adjustable)

this kit is exactly what i wanted, because im going analog switches id like the air up to be medium pace that way i can control the ride height without it shooting past my desired PSI, BUT i also wanted the car to drop quick when i lower it, the one thing i hate when people put airride is when you have to wait 15seconds for the car to lower itself!!! :mad: pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................... .................................................. ..............

screw that! i want psshhh THUMP! hope you can picture what im trying to say hahahaha!

andrew from open road has been very very helpful and knows i have the SEDF to show the car at and he does promice to have the kit sent to me before the show, he already said the custom managment kit will be at his workshop in 2-3 days, hes also told bagyard in austria to start building my air bags!

untill they come.... i guess ill just be counting the days! screw christmas and new years, the big day of the year will be when they ARRIVE!!!!

Gipson
21-12-2009, 09:23 PM
haha awesome man, you seem excited to say the least.
bet you'll be ticking the days off the calender!

Oneofthegreats
21-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Good to hear its all coming along dude but....

You are cutting it damn fine for your show I reckon!

My fingers are crossed for you.

I hope it doesn't turn out like the Nats & having a mad rush the night before

WABIT
21-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Good to hear its all coming along dude but....

You are cutting it damn fine for your show I reckon!

My fingers are crossed for you.

I hope it doesn't turn out like the Nats & having a mad rush the night before

you know what..... it wont suprise me if it does workout like that........

haha awesome man, you seem excited to say the least.
bet you'll be ticking the days off the calender!

dude, you dont understand, its killing me!!!!! and it hasnt even been 20hrs yet!!!!

dom

Spyda
21-12-2009, 10:00 PM
If you need a hand man i aint to far and if you need electircal shiz i just work up the road at Jaycar.

Jarred
21-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Cool as man, finally set in stone. can't wait, but probably not as hard as you! haha

golf3
22-12-2009, 12:19 AM
It could be a night before affair...
I return from japan on the 6th, probs go straight to stupid hair man's house and spin some spanners...
Such is life...

WABIT
22-12-2009, 12:23 AM
It could be a night before affair...
I return from japan on the 6th, probs go straight to stupid hair man's house and spin some spanners...
Such is life...

lol, i know its gonna be the case, just make sure you give me a call when you get off the plane, ill let ya know what the G-O is...... if im installing the kit when you call... you wont be going home untill the kit is IN!! LOL

dom

WABIT
23-12-2009, 04:03 PM
with the help of "the stu" we nocked up this....... i still need to vinyl paint the sun visors black but all the hard work has been done

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8668-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8674-1.jpg

Jarred
23-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Nice.

space

Silver dub
23-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Very oem dom, loving it

Preen59
23-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey dude your mum called me (Again! Gees what's up with that chick?!) and she said she needs her table cloth back! :nana:

Just kidding looks balls dude. :cool:

16v_kid
23-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey dude your mum called me (Again! Gees what's up with that chick?!) and she said she needs her table cloth back! :nana:

Just kidding looks balls dude. :cool:

LOL

Looks good Dom.

Lorenz
23-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Thats rad Dom, not far off the material Im going to do mine in!!!

GOLFBALLS
23-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Can I git a 'HELL YEAH'?!!!:mrt:

Preen59
23-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Can I git a 'HELL YEAH'?!!!:mrt:

http://www.maryellenmark.com/text/magazines/entertainment%20weekly/images/232L-018-001.jpg

tooch
23-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Dude that roof lining rocks!

WABIT
24-12-2009, 12:18 PM
holographic metal flake centers are painted, myself and stu did them today! thanks for the help dude!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8692-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8695-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8693-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8691-1.jpg

dom

Mrk_Mickey
24-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Wow, how do you go about painting like that?

WABIT
24-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, how do you go about painting like that?

put a base coat of what color you want down, then find a metal flake same color, mix it into the clear and spray, there's a bit more too it, but the flake's in the clear, luckily for me the centers were already silver so all that needed was to find a silver metalflake

dom

team_v
24-12-2009, 12:44 PM
My god those wheels look sh#t hot.

The only alternative would be to paint hte spokes the same colour as the car but that has been done so many times already.

Preen59
24-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Woah that's different. Nice. :cool:

jayjay
24-12-2009, 05:00 PM
you going to polish the lips?

golf3
24-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Not the only wagon in aus on bags...
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/1993_HWH_07_141_1-1.jpg

WABIT
24-12-2009, 05:44 PM
this is true, im one of the vast majority of bagged wagons!

but no ones bagged a b3 passat in OZ and one of under 3-4 in the world! BEST!!!

ohh and none of them have holographic metal flake on their wheels too! hehe

the semi-final product
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8706-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8702-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8704-1.jpg

dom

Preen59
24-12-2009, 05:48 PM
That looks pretty damn cool man. I'd be stoked if they were my wheels! :eek: :bowdown:

team_v
24-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Can't wait to see them on the car and dumped on bags.

Awesome project.
It truly is BEST

Spyda
24-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Head liner looks sic coz it matches my parcel shelf haha, flakes look gay imo.

GoLfMan
24-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Not the only wagon in aus on bags...
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/1993_HWH_07_141_1-1.jpg

that thing is SO cool! :D

WABIT
24-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Head liner looks sic coz it matches my parcel shelf haha, flakes look gay imo.

thats cool bro, theres always gonna be someone whos not on the same level, just tryin to push the boundaries thats all, but thanks for the comment bro

dom

Spyda
25-12-2009, 09:40 AM
thats cool bro, theres always gonna be someone whos not on the same level, just tryin to push the boundaries thats all, but thanks for the comment bro

dom

Das cool didnt want to fall in line with everyone else as i feel that flakes have been done before...on lancers and hyundais and mixing gliter in to clear is tooo easy.

With your crazy imagination and shiz i was kindo disapointed you didnt come up with something more interesting but i know you will eventualy

Preen59
25-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Pretty much everything has been done previously dude. It's how you combine those things that makes something unique. Take your Mk1 for example. All stuff that has been done previously, but put together in a unique way that makes it really something different. :cool:

WABIT
25-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Das cool didnt want to fall in line with everyone else as i feel that flakes have been done before...on lancers and hyundais and mixing gliter in to clear is tooo easy.

With your crazy imagination and shiz i was kindo disapointed you didnt come up with something more interesting but i know you will eventualy

im trying to keep this car under the radar sort of, the cars gonna be my daily and on bags, low key mods are what this cars gonna be about, sorry to dissapoint you mate, but im keepin this car simple....

dom

WABIT
29-12-2009, 02:45 PM
been trying to get some better shots of the metal flake but the pics just dont do it justice, you need to see them in real life to really see its full effect, the inner barrels will be getting some special treatment tomorrow too so stay tuned :P

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8750-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/IMG_8753-1.jpg

dom

Preen59
29-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Can't wait to see the crazy barrels man. I reckon they will look A1. :cool:

schoona
29-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Barrels getting the same treatment? Will look top notch when finished!

Got trackers on the bags Dom?

WABIT
29-12-2009, 04:31 PM
nah no trackers mate, ive got my uncle who's actually manager of a major logistics company so itll be getting dropped off at his depot with first class super fast shipping, once they are built and ready for pickup in the u.s, they should be at his work in melbourne in a little over 36hrs :cool:...... NOW THATS FAST DELIVERY! so once i know they are ready to be picked up from the u.s, ill wait overnight for them to fly down to melbourne, wake up...wait a day, then pick them up the following morning, then get cracking and install these ****ers!

dom

schoona
29-12-2009, 04:33 PM
nah no trackers mate, ive got my uncle who's actually manager of a major logistics company so itll be getting dropped off at his depot with first class super fast shipping, once they are built and ready for pickup in the u.s, they should be at his work in melbourne in a little over 36hrs :cool:...... NOW THATS FAST DELIVERY!

dom

You should be asking for anoher "hell eyah" in 36hrs :banana::banana:

WABIT
29-12-2009, 04:39 PM
well...... im waiting for them to be built in austria, then they have to ship em to the u.s for final assembly, then when thats done, they will be ready to ship..... no 36 hrs just yet my friend :(

dom

schoona
29-12-2009, 04:42 PM
well...... im waiting for them to be built in austria, then they have to ship em to the u.s for final assembly, then when thats done, they will be ready to ship..... no 36 hrs just yet my friend :(

dom

darn skim-reading!

Water Boy
29-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Im keen for a non-stop air ride install :banana:

schoona
29-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Im keen for a non-stop air ride install :banana:

I would if I could also.....grr

WABIT
29-12-2009, 07:32 PM
hahahah id love to, sorta put up a live video stream overnight so you can see what progress i make, i just dont know how to host a live video stream......

dom

Preen59
29-12-2009, 08:21 PM
hahahah id love to, sorta put up a live video stream overnight so you can see what progress i make, i just dont know how to host a live video stream......

dom

Just tell everyone you and Brit are doing a live stream sex show. People will put their hands up everywhere wanting to help. :P

16v_kid
29-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Why didn't you leave the wheels silver?? They look better standard then that...

OMO.

Jarred
29-12-2009, 10:19 PM
webcam on MSN to everyone perhaps?!?! it's been done before, except not for airrride installs :emo_baghead:

either that, or leave the camera set up, and just take a photo every 30mins and make it into a movie or what ever it is.

WABIT
30-12-2009, 10:02 PM
looks like its gonna be a looooong night at my house tonight, ive recieved a message on vortex saying that andrew from bagyard will be calling me (his) tomorrow is my 1:30am - 9am to arrange pickup!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG! im not sleeping tonight!!!!!

if all goes well, i should see this kit in 2 mondays :banana::banana::banana::banana:

dom

gldgti
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
holy cow - i've never seen a thread so "bagged down" with anticipation.

i like the idea of the photo every 30minutes thing... be like a time lapse video. then just make into an mpeg...

WABIT
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
orite, apparently youtube hosts a live video streming thingy, i need to suss it out but i should have a live video stream during the install haha! the plan is to get it working ASAP but before the sun comes up! hahha

dom

Preen59
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Dude.. They're just air bags.... :wasntme:

Tim
03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
party pooper!

Preen59
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
party pooper!

Well then again i suppose watching Dom fit his bags would be more interesting that Brit waxing a gorilla like last time! haha. :P

GoLfMan
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Well then again i suppose watching Dom fit his bags would be more interesting that Brit waxing a gorilla like last time! haha. :P

you loved it :P

WABIT
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
did some tinting today, i want to keep it 90's style tuning

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8758_1024x683-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8761_1024x683-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8757_1024x683-2.jpg

like mother... like son
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8763_1024x683-2.jpg

also had 10 of these mad up, if any of the vic crew is interested they are $20 each, PM me if you want one....
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8759_1024x683-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/IMG_8760_1024x683-2.jpg

Big Yellow
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
looking good Dom.

sticker's pretty big mate!! gotta find room for it LOL.

might have to stick it in the corner on an angle or something

16v_kid
06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Looks to good Dom.

Jarred
06-01-2010, 02:59 PM
tinted tails look the bizz man!

OEM G60
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Snap!! I've been doing the same here Dom, re-doing the Corrado lights but leaving the reverse lights clear this time as its for sale.

Yours look really good, much better than i expected in that colour actually, really suits it.

Did you use nightshades? Hope you clear coated them!!

Spyda
06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Noice man.

fuzion
06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBT22pxWgmM

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxRfoVeRARk

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysszYvQ1iA

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60F5YIdrMM

bit old now, showed you AGES ago but you've probably forgotten like your own name.. lol

She'll be there in May dude!

whilst your youtubing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itSQciyG-zU

alles im deustch ... kein englisch!

funkamedic
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBT22pxWgmM

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxRfoVeRARk

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysszYvQ1iA

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60F5YIdrMM

bit old now, showed you AGES ago but you've probably forgotten like your own name.. lol

She'll be there in May dude!

whilst your youtubing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itSQciyG-zU

alles im deustch ... kein englisch!

faark. Lina's alright!!!

Water Boy
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
So what does this "South East Dubs" crew do? :emo_baghead:

Preen59
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
faark. Lina's alright!!!

My thoughts exactly! I hear great minds think alike...

Reminds me of Lora actually.. :emo_baghead:

WABIT
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
what we've been doin for the last 5 years...... DUUUHHH!!...

dom

Preen59
06-01-2010, 07:51 PM
what we've been doin for the last 5 years...... DUUUHHH!!...

dom

Maybe water boy should start a "Vortex Greaser Gimp Cult"? :rolleyes:

Water Boy
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Maybe water boy should start a "Vortex Greaser Gimp Cult"? :rolleyes:

I will... But team Brraaapppp is more exclusive. (You have to be fully hectik and down with the diggy yo bandits of madness hectik vibes on stuff)

Preen59
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I have no idea what that chick is saying in those vids. I managed to get "Aluminium" out of one sentence and it also seems like she's constantly dropping the C bomb. haha. :confused:

I will... But team Brraaapppp is more exclusive. (You have to be fully hectik and down with the diggy yo bandits of madness hectik vibes on stuff)

I'm sorry, but all i heard then was "Blah blah blah blah, I'm a dirty Vortex Greaser.." :P

WABIT
06-01-2010, 08:03 PM

sorry bro, but after reading that comment! im glad i aint in team brraaapppp! :stupid: LOL

dom

Preen59
06-01-2010, 08:16 PM
sorry bro, but after reading that comment! im glad i aint in team brraaapppp! :stupid: LOL

dom

......................:werd:

funkamedic
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
My thoughts exactly! I hear great minds think alike...

So true. She's got ink too brother :wink:

that decal looks wicked too Dom. did you do the artwork? :cool:

Preen59
06-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I saw that. Ye-ah. haha. But i gotta say, Dom, if you can't make your B3 look better than that, i'll slap you. haha. :P

Spyda
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Maaaan id slap on a SE dubs sticker but people would thing im from the SE suburbs....not SE australia.

Inspiration fo da Dom:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7595/vwbautzenrace0992860185.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9937/vwbautzenrace0902856183.jpg

LOL

WABIT
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
whooar! holy golf grass batman! thats insane!

dom

anth
07-01-2010, 01:58 PM
good to see the sticker turned out alright dom. was the file all good? did you use enzo?

sedf flyers are printed out ;) just gotta get them trimmed which will have to wait till tomorrow. you gonna be home tomorrow night? i might take the datto out since its gonna be a warm night, should meet up so you can grab the flyers

WABIT
07-01-2010, 02:07 PM
your a champion! thanks mate! yeah ill be home, i didnt end up using enzo because no one answered at the factory, doesnt matter all good!, i washed the passat today so its looking pretty crap now that you see the scratches better! haha!

some crappy 2min photoshop, im actually liking the standard wheels!!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/passatrear-2.jpg

dom

Preen59
07-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Not low enough. :P

Looks good dude. I like the tail lights. I thought it would look ghetto.. But i takes it all back. :)

Jarred
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
looks good as man. can't wait for the real thing! :D

WABIT
12-01-2010, 04:31 PM
just had an update this morning about the whole kit being ready on the 14th in the u.s, so on the 15th in OZ i should hear some good news!!! and hopefully have them send in by mid next week!!!

dom

WABIT
14-01-2010, 01:11 PM
the air ride kit will be at my door some time next week!!! soo exited!!

dom

GoLfMan
14-01-2010, 01:40 PM
the air ride kit will be at my door some time next week!!! soo exited!!

dom

WOOOT!

are the wheels all done mate?

WABIT
14-01-2010, 01:50 PM
nah not yet, need to get 1 barrel rolled, then assembly, then waiting for my new tyres, still dont know when they will land in the country :mad:

dom

GoLfMan
14-01-2010, 01:52 PM
nah not yet, need to get 1 barrel rolled, then assembly, then waiting for my new tyres, still dont know when they will land in the country :mad:

dom

thats poo.

look on the bright side... the car is going to look dope whatever wheels you chuck on there :D

WABIT
14-01-2010, 01:54 PM
meh, it dont bother me what wheels go on for SEDF, im actually taking a liking to the standard wheels in the photoshop....

dom

WABIT
15-01-2010, 10:45 AM
damn it!!! just got some news that my rear 185/35r17 tyres wont be here for another 4 months!!!!

looks like ill be getting 165/40's all round then, dunno how they will look on the rear 8" wide rims....

all i know is that they look like this on a 17x7.5 wide wheel, they need to stretch other half inch on the rears..... :mad:
http://www.tyrestretch.com/albums/7.5_165_40_R17/7.5_165_40_R17_Nankang_NS2_3.jpg

team_v
15-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Holy cow, they are going to be super stretched on an 8" rim.
Bit of a shame about the tyres but at least the rest of the mods are still on track.

Can't wait to see more progress when the bits arrive.

OEM G60
15-01-2010, 04:01 PM
That is a big stretch!! didn't you get those 195/40 P Zeros Dom?

WABIT
17-01-2010, 03:10 PM
nah matt, didnt the overall diameter of the 8's with the 195's, im pretty sure rayray picked them up though

dom

schoona
17-01-2010, 03:44 PM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags.

Soon!

WABIT
17-01-2010, 05:17 PM
its killin me man... you dont understand!!!! :brutal::brutal::brutal:

now he even says they might be here a week late due to customs holdings in the U.S!! tits gonna be cutting it thin!!!

dom

lawny
17-01-2010, 07:35 PM
its killin me man... you dont understand!!!! :brutal::brutal::brutal:

now he even says they might be here a week late due to customs holdings in the U.S!! tits gonna be cutting it thin!!!

dom

**** dude, no good. really cutting it short with time. i will be your apprentice if u like putting them in? might learn something!

Preen59
17-01-2010, 07:37 PM
You'll get it sorted dude. I have faith... In you. :bigok:

**** dude, no good. really cutting it short with time. i will be your apprentice if u like putting them in? might learn something!

Only if Dom can do the initiation ceremony... :wasntme:

WABIT
18-01-2010, 07:23 AM
ok just got a courtecy call from open road tuning, andrew has been a great help in organising the kit and getting it to me ASAP!! he called me up this morning and explained that the kits will be at his warehouse on (monday) our tuesday... and will be checked and assembled this week ready to be sent out mid next week to my door, unfortunetly the rear struts havnt been completed yet and will be directly sent from austria to my door around the same time, so im looking at a very late jan to very early feb arrival which hopefully gives me 3-4 maybee 5 days of install time, and ill be praying everything goes in smoothly and i can have it layig frame at SEDF on my new 17's!!!!!!

damn straight YO!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/3503131684_65ab53f579_o-1.jpg

Preen59
18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Hope it gets there dude. That would be uber cool..

If not dude, I'll bring the 9 inch grinder with me. We'll have that bad boy low in no time! haha.

Peter Jones
18-01-2010, 09:38 PM
You know what you need to go with that shiny new on-board air system?

Air Horns!

Reckon you've got room for these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150404728279&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pete

WABIT
19-01-2010, 01:10 PM
ahahaha they are awesome pete, i could prob hook them up to my air out lines so everytime i lower the car the air horns would go off aahhaha

another update, they tyres will be getting delivered to my house tomorrow arvo, which means i should really start putting my rims back together lol

wikid
dom

GoLfMan
19-01-2010, 01:23 PM
ahahaha they are awesome pete, i could prob hook them up to my air out lines so everytime i lower the car the air horns would go off aahhaha

another update, they tyres will be getting delivered to my house tomorrow arvo, which means i should really start putting my rims back together lol

wikid
dom

awesomes... Might pop over tonight or tomorrow dude :)

rayray086
19-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Insane, cutting it so close!

WABIT
20-01-2010, 03:55 PM
bagyards getting shipped out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WABIT
20-01-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4289692006_b7646058b3_b-1.jpg

static1800
20-01-2010, 03:57 PM
You're like a kid on Christmas eve Dom :D

WABIT
20-01-2010, 04:02 PM
im soooo exited this is gonna be the best gift ever!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

16v_kid
20-01-2010, 04:04 PM
farrkkk thats mint man. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

WABIT
20-01-2010, 04:32 PM
what a mk3 strut looks like, very very short strut compared to the standard bilstein sport struts :DancingLine: :DancingLine: :DancingLine: :DancingLine: :DancingLine:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4289334449_6821dc6ff3_b-1.jpg

EDIT! some more of my struts
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4289375835_092e7a4bf4_b-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4289375913_ae15c7d279_b-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4290119002_09b5ac6584_b-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4289376037_28bbf54081_b-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4290119146_2762a681d6_b-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4290119218_1f755dacd8_b-1.jpg

thestu
20-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Besttttttttttttt!!!!!!

fuzion
20-01-2010, 05:18 PM
the only other time dom will cream his pants is

a) when we wont stop so he cant smoke

and

b) when he gets to worthersee and the door is still locked as the van is still moving and he isnt allowed out yet.

Preen59
20-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Gotta pay for quality.. They look really nice dude. :cool:

Jace
20-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Oooo yes!
Aren't new parts nice before you install them and they get dirty!

WABIT
23-01-2010, 10:10 AM
yeah its awesome!! the wait sux though

ok so im expecting evberything to arrive to my door this week sometime and have plans to install them over the weekend! ill also be notching my frame to clear the driveshaft when aired out and hopefully i can roll aired out without anything hitting.... the tyres are getting mounted this week, i gave them to the tyre fitter and he freaked and said... ok.... ill have them on mate!, just give me a few days! ill get this sorted! ahhahaha

so well c what they look like, ive got 1 week to finish everything so well c how it goes!!!

dom

WABIT
23-01-2010, 02:36 PM
so, got a phonecall from my tyre fitter, said he couldnt stretch the 165/40 on my 8j rim with the bead blaster... so i took it home to see if i could explode it on, that was about 12pm, ive been trying for 3.5 hours with everything i could think of and i cant do it!!! :mad:!! im pretty sure the front will be a diffrent story as ive been very very close quite a few times....

im stuck with what to do!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/23012010028-2.jpg

i love the second comment :P

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/20012010014-2.jpg

Spyda
23-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Have you tryed using a bike tyre to make a seal between the rim and tyre?

While you inflate the tyre you deflate the bike tyre so that the bike tyre doesnt explode but still keeps a seal untill u get the road tyre to fit.

velly_16v_cab
24-01-2010, 10:31 AM
i didnt think you could get a 165 on an 8"......what will be cool if you get it to work :)

Whubbsie
24-01-2010, 02:17 PM
and when he does he can come around and do mine

Golf Loon
24-01-2010, 02:23 PM
At risk of sounding like an old codger Dom.
Get Tyres that fit your wheels.

Whubbsie
24-01-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah but then the wheels won't fit the car :emo_baghead:.... I know I know get wheels that fit the car

Preen59
24-01-2010, 02:55 PM
At risk of sounding like an old codger Dom.
Get Tyres that fit your wheels.

:stupid: ...............

Having said that... Have you tried sitting the tires next to a heater dude? Just get them really soft and pliable and try it again?

static1800
24-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm not all that fimilier with tyre stretching but if you are having this much trouble getting the tyres to fit will they be safe to drive on?

They will looks awesome though :)

Spyda
24-01-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm not all that fimilier with tyre stretching but if you are having this much trouble getting the tyres to fit will they be safe to drive on?

They will looks awesome though :)

They only come off when they deflate and when you corner realy hard.

Ive seen 165/45 on a 8 but not 165/40.

Try the bike tyre thing.

vwthunder
25-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Dom you are one crazy dude :cool:

Love it

Not many people have the balls to try something really different

WABIT
27-01-2010, 02:10 PM
now, one thing i will say is......

PLEASE... DO NOT! TRY THIS AT HOME!!

this **** looks and IS! soo dangerous... im not even going to attempt to drive on them...

in saying that.... YAY!!! THE TYRES ARE MOUNTED!!! offsets are perfetc stretch is nice at the front, not the back :frown: but thats what happeneds when you have to wait 4 months for tyres....

anyways i ended up taking the wheels back to the tyre shop to give them a few lessons about stretching tyres!! the first time they attempted the stretch with the bead blaster they tried with the rim face up, but there was wayy too much of a gap so air would leak, i told them to try it face down and whattaknow!? the rears mounted with some difficulty but in the end they mounted on!!!!

now for some pics

7.5 rim
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010034-1.jpg

8" rim (sooo dangerous i would NEVER recommend it)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010033-1.jpg

now the reason i say never is bacause of this......

yes, thats the inner barrel you see between the lip and tyre.... yes i can fit my fingers between them and its around 10mm gap

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010032-1.jpg

cant wait to finally drop this badboy!!! should be any day now before the bags arrive!!!

as for the haters! get over it i know its dangerous but if you have something you'd like to say about it, you can tell me at SEDF in person... :banana:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010037-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010038-1.jpg

thanks
dom

static1800
27-01-2010, 02:45 PM
To much stretch for my liking but at the end of the day it's your project do it for yourself and no one else :)

Got the bags yet? i'm surprised you haven't exploded from excitement yet :)

WABIT
27-01-2010, 02:48 PM
To much stretch for my liking but at the end of the day it's your project do it for yourself and no one else :)

Got the bags yet? i'm surprised you haven't exploded from excitement yet :)

yeah believe me! the stretch is waaaay too much for myself also, but trial and error will eventually work and hopefully others will learn from this

nah no bags yet, end of the week they should arrive....

dom

DubSteve
27-01-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27012010032-1.jpg

Dude you have balls of absolute ****ing forged titanium to even think about driving it like this!

velly_16v_cab
27-01-2010, 03:14 PM
top mark to you Dom for trying!!!! you are are pushing it to the limits ;)

maybe go 195/40's or 185's would look much fatter IMO.

Keep up the crazy work :cool::bowdown:

Silver dub
27-01-2010, 03:18 PM
You are one crazy mother ............! But in saying that, if you wern't crazy we wouldn't have a soon to be airbagged passat in Vic.

lawny
27-01-2010, 03:20 PM

sick as dude!

WABIT
27-01-2010, 03:38 PM
hahahahah cheers guys! just tryin to keep the crowd happy :banana: hahahhaha

it was funny pressure testing the tyres, picture that tyre with even more of a sidewall gap getting 120PSI pumped into it behind a steel chicken fence with myself and my mate hiding behind hoists and tyre machines waiting for the tyre to blow up! thankfully she held up good! GOO NANKANG! tough as nails!

dom

Water Boy
27-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah boy! :banana:

Preen59
27-01-2010, 05:41 PM
You're a nut job. Looks more impressive than the picture message you sent me! haha.

See you tomorrow, Bum Bandit! :banana:

schoona
27-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Woah!!!!

Far too extreme for me. The dangerous side is a part of it, plus it needs a nice angular sidewall.

But this is only for the show right? New rubber later (time pressure sucks, you can never make it back) and it will look "BEST", as you say :)

Good effort showing those tyre bois how to do it too ;)

Lorenz
27-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Fair effort getting those on! Bit too much stretch for my liking though :eek:

Spyda
27-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Damn man that looks sweet as! Extream FTW.

I dunno what the big deal is, i would drive it like that no doubt. If it ufcks up it ufcks up.:rolleyes:

Wouldnt the worst thing that could happen be the same as a regular tyre poping?

scoob02
27-01-2010, 08:03 PM
at 100 kays per hour it could be interesting :emo_baghead:

Spyda
27-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Gameover

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1585/27012010037copy.jpg

Tim
27-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Ive been driving a car that rolled a tyre off a rim mid corner. Not a fun experience!

But yeah thats just a bit insane dom! I can appreciate a bit of stretch but thats like waaaaay waaaaay too far! And then a little bit further beyond that. hehe

dylan8
27-01-2010, 08:33 PM
That's mental! I actually laughed out loud at its craziness :emo_baghead:

Do you plan to swap some bigger tyres on when you can get your hands on them?

Can't wait to see it in the flesh :google:

Preen59
27-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Gameover

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Haha that's pretty ****ing cool!

DUB 12V
27-01-2010, 09:23 PM
do you really think it will go that low?? i think with the bags you are getting maybe as low as coilovers it about all it will be, but guess easy to raise:eek: looking pimp u nut job on the tyres lol...

team_v
27-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Can't wait to see it laying rail for real.

The mock-up pics look the goods as a preview but nothing beats the real thing.

WABIT
27-01-2010, 10:29 PM
do you really think it will go that low?? i think with the bags you are getting maybe as low as coilovers it about all it will be, but guess easy to raise:eek: looking pimp u nut job on the tyres lol...

you can lay frame with a little bit of hope, and the right airbags, the bags i just got are actually modified shorter than standard bilsteins, they also have a shorter bag, id be lucky to get "this" height aired up, but aired out will be as low as it can go, the chassis legs are getting notched this weekend too so nothing will hopefully be stopping me

both these cars are on bag-over-coils, both of them have old technology and are slammed bigtime, they also dont have any chassis notches, a chassis notch can lower a car from 3/4 to over 1" on the front.......

you tell me what coils go this low ? none. also with the wheels i am using, both cars have 15" with 195/45 tyres, i have 17's with a 20mm smaller overall diamater compared to the guys in the pics... so add the 20mm plus the frame notch (another 20mm) ill be roughly 40mm lower than these guys :)

this is the whole plan, i didnt spend 4k+ on airride just so they sit like coilovers.... what ever it takes... im gonna do it....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/DSC_7503-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/01/Kyle31-1.jpg

WABIT
27-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Gameover

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

and spyda! thats just fu*kin insane!!!!

DUB 12V
27-01-2010, 10:34 PM
oh ok we will see then i guess, i would say you will need a body drop to get really low, and what size lines are you running 1/8th?? will take 8-9 days to go up and down and what size compressor??? good build so far hope it holds up and wont shag anything else out with it that low....

DUB 12V
27-01-2010, 10:36 PM
this is the whole plan, i didnt spend 4k+ on airride just so they sit like coilovers.... what ever it takes... im gonna do it....

wow atleast its not a diy job and you are doing it right i guess...:banana::banana:

WABIT
27-01-2010, 10:36 PM
lol u obviously didnt read any of this thread,

ive got 2x 480c viair compressors, 1/2" dump lines, 3/8" air in lines, 5 gallon tank and full FBSS 8valve manual system with a 7 switch toggle controller

the whole plan of airride is to go up and down, i hate waiting for cars with airride to go down in a span of 30sec... for me, i want that **** dropped in like 1.5sec
as for the 3/8 fronts, they are still quick but also accurate enough to get my ride height even

dom

DUB 12V
27-01-2010, 10:38 PM
well sorry for not reading 25pages of photochoped cars,