PDA

View Full Version : New Model Treg

R36 Dreamer
27-11-2009, 09:37 AM
HI all,

First Time Poster to this area of the forum, but hoping you can help me.

I am looking at buying either a demo/new V6tdi or 2nd hand V10TDI. If I take the first option, I would probably wait until the new model came out.

I have seen some articles on the new one, but wondered whether anyone knows when it is due on the market - I hear there will be a hybrid version??

Any assistance gratefully received.

Dreamer

Arctra
27-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey mate.

Saddly, out Treg section of the Off-road forum seems to be pretty dormant, so I'm not sure you'll have much luck getting a response here. You might want to look over at the MyTreg forums which might be a little more active: http://www.mytreg.com/

I am envious that you're even considering a Treg as I think they're pretty damn awesome. One day I hope to be able to own one, but for now, the Tig will have to do.

Good luck!

Transporter
27-11-2009, 03:01 PM
HI all,

First Time Poster to this area of the forum, but hoping you can help me.

I am looking at buying either a demo/new V6tdi or 2nd hand V10TDI. If I take the first option, I would probably wait until the new model came out.

I have seen some articles on the new one, but wondered whether anyone knows when it is due on the market - I hear there will be a hybrid version??

Any assistance gratefully received.

Dreamer

I don't think that there would be a new Treg before 2011, so it would be another year before it would come to OZ.

New model Treg will be lighter and more economical, there should be hybrid Treg as well.

We have V6TDI, it is awesome machine. I didn't want to buy secondhand V10, so we went for new V6TDI, no regrets.

Good luck with the decision. :)

Transporter
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Actually there are new engines (128kW-331kW) in Touareg for 2010:
4cylinder 2.0LTDI and turbo petrol/hybrid V6 engine from Audi but no manual transmission in line up for 2010

(Information from Auto Guide, magazine released in Czech republic, www.auto-motor-a-sport.cz)

schoots
10-12-2009, 10:52 PM
There's been some discussion on www.clubtouareg.com (aus/nz section) about upcoming Touareg model but it seems nothing conclusive yet.
I've had a drive of the V6TDi and was impressed but not wrapped in the steel suspension off road. It was great on sealed roads but lacked clearance and articulation off road.
Ended up buying a demo R50 in July and it is insane. As far as looks are concerned I find the standard Tregs a bit boring and the colour choice is pathetic. The R50 with it's various little body add ons and the one outstanding colour I find much better looking, but as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Still haven't come anywhere near finding out it's capabilities. It's an absolute joy to drive in the 'burbs and on the open road (but watch out for 'ECILOP' signs in the rear vision mirror as it really likes to sit at 130 - 150 kph and you really need to use the cruise control to keep legal!!!!!!!!) On sand and off road from the still limited but challenging bits I've done I'm amazed. Previous cars for the last 21 years have been Patrols which are very capable off road rigs but a bit sad on highway stuff. Fuel economy is really good. Tows superbly. The only thing I miss having is a manual gearbox but I guess in time that yearning will pass. Autos just won't change exactly when you want them to even in manual mode.
Wish you well in your quest.
John

T Rex
14-12-2009, 06:05 AM
There is a story about the next Porsche Cayenne (Touareg's ugly sister) on http://news.drive.com.au/drive/future-cars/spied-porsches-new-4wd-20091209-kj6c.html . Ignoring the yucky bits, the body seems to be an evolution of the current shape so probably same would apply to T3.
Still seems some debate about VW scrapping the Cayenne from the Porsche line up. AS for current models - we love our V6 TDI. Cheers. Geoff

apom
15-12-2009, 12:17 PM
There is a story about the next Porsche Cayenne (Touareg's ugly sister) on http://news.drive.com.au/drive/future-cars/spied-porsches-new-4wd-20091209-kj6c.html . Ignoring the yucky bits, the body seems to be an evolution of the current shape so probably same would apply to T3.
Still seems some debate about VW scrapping the Cayenne from the Porsche line up. AS for current models - we love our V6 TDI. Cheers. Geoff

Wow, if this is the case it looks like there will be even less room than the current Treg, especially with the slope on the rear window

R36 Dreamer
07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Good luck with the decision. :)

Thanks all for the advice and insight.

Have thought about it and will probably go down the Rangie Sport Track over the Toureg...

Rangie has better interior space, and the 3L TDI is a dream to drive.

Also a better colour palette, which shouldnt be a big consideration but is

mrpayne
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know if the size would be sufficient for you, but I think the Disco 4 looks awesome, the new interior looks really really good. I think that is worth a look as well as it's bigger brother...