PDA

View Full Version : How do you score a corperate discount?

nicandlance
27-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I have seen people here mentioning a corperate discount and there has been mention made of being in a 'union'. Does this qualify for a corp discount or not and how much discount would you expect to get for it? My husband is in the Police Association..... ever hopeful!:confused:

Big Yellow
27-11-2009, 08:57 AM
check with Volkswagen whether the association is part of their corporate list. when i boughy my car, i asked about corporate discount and told them what association i belonged to, and they just check and say yes you get it, or no you cant.

from memory, the discount i got was about 10% or $10,000 off retail price but that was because it was a runout mkv r32.

it may differ for a mk6.

STV4SYT
27-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Police association should be there, i know Australian Computer Society etc are there as an example.

I did some indicative pricing last week of corporate plus vs haggling and found i could get a better price on a GTI without using the corp. Different for different cars though.

Big Yellow
27-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, Police association should be there, i know Australian Computer Society etc are there as an example.

I did some indicative pricing last week of corporate plus vs haggling and found i could get a better price on a GTI without using the corp. Different for different cars though.
you haggle, then you knock them down with corporate plus!! :D

JasonP
27-11-2009, 10:01 AM
My 103TDI was $50900 full retail, & I got it for $44500 drive away.
No Corp Discount. Used a Broker, then knocked a bit more off myself.

backdoc
27-11-2009, 08:58 PM

That shouldn't be the case as the Corp discount is a VW Factory backed Program - i.e. the dealer is not taking the hit for the discount as they get reimbursed from the factory.

So as stated, haggle like buggery, then hit them with the corp price which is a guaranteed 10% off.

I haggled on a R36 after I sold my R32 and got them down $20000. Then I changed my mind and ordered a Skoda RS wagon. With the new GTI engine I just couldn't see where the extra $30000 was going ?????????

guliver_twist
28-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Check with your professional associations... I got mine through APESMA ..
good luck!

Corey_R
28-11-2009, 08:37 AM
But what else is required? Simply showing them that you belong to 'x' company or association? Or presenting a letter from that company/association that you use your car for company/association purposes?

I've been asked for a letter on official letterhead in the past, and that I haven't been able to obtain because my company does not wish to provide that due to possible implications blahblahblah

hkogti
28-11-2009, 12:40 PM
good luck!

APESMA is in too? I bought 3 vw and never used it.....

Pharkus
28-11-2009, 03:49 PM
check with Volkswagen whether the association is part of their corporate list. when i boughy my car, i asked about corporate discount and told them what association i belonged to, and they just check and say yes you get it, or no you cant.

from memory, the discount i got was about 10% or $10,000 off retail price but that was because it was a runout mkv r32.

it may differ for a mk6.

The Asian association is not on the list but we bargain hard la.

Big Yellow
30-11-2009, 08:00 AM
good luck!

APESMA is in too? I bought 3 vw and never used it.....

I got mine through APESMA too!!

all they needed were a photocopy of my membership card and thats it. Didn't require any letters or anything from the association itself. (for me anyway).

Barloworld Glen Waverly didn't even want to check whether APESMA was eligible - plainly refused me :mad:. Obviously, my business went else where.

nicandlance
30-11-2009, 08:25 AM
That's interesting. I'm going to Barloworld today to get a valuation on my car. Expecting all the claptrap - but it's simple, if I'm not happy and they refuse to budge, I'm going elsewhere.....
Done my homework, know what I want as far as a deal goes - we'll just wait and see.
Still going back and forward between the golf and the Mazda anyway, so whoever does the best deal will ultimately get my business in the end... :banana:

Corey_R
30-11-2009, 10:47 AM
all they needed were a photocopy of my membership card and thats it. Didn't require any letters or anything from the association itself. (for me anyway).

Thanks, hopefully this requirement has simply changed from when I tried to use the corporate discount (back in 2006) rather than some dealers are just more 'thorough' than others, cause I'm otherwise very happy with my local dealer :)