PDA

View Full Version : Audi help

JVLR32
24-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey boys need help with this!

Can a Audi A4 5speed from a 99 model fit to a
Vr6 2.8 motor bora/golf...
Iam running motor longtunial, all will this need a adaptor application?

Thanks JVL

Jmac
24-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Dont see why not , but what i do know is a Spigot bearing will be reqd for the flywheel, Use the flywheel and spigot bearing, clutch etc from the Audi donor and im sure it will mate, ive already posted a response to a very similar question on this section , have a look down mate, it was all going into a sand rail, which will be fun, what you fitting the lump to?????
Cheers
Jmac

JVLR32
24-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Dont see why not , but what i do know is a Spigot bearing will be reqd for the flywheel, Use the flywheel and spigot bearing, clutch etc from the Audi donor and im sure it will mate, ive already posted a response to a very similar question on this section , have a look down mate, it was all going into a sand rail, which will be fun, what you fitting the lump to?????
Cheers
Jmacm8 ur a gem thank u:banana:

Tube frame chassis vw sportsedan...iam yet to post pics:cool:

JVLR32
24-11-2009, 10:23 PM
JMAC, is there any pics of these boxes anywhere?....so there is no need for a adaptor plate

I did here they were usin these boxes in the GT40 kitcars.......

Thanks JVL

JVLR32
27-11-2009, 08:58 AM
So wat box of a audi A4 99....are they all the same

Jmac
27-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Pretty much , the 012 was used in very wide range, b6 box very similar too, if you are taking it from a 99, itll be a 012 5 speed. This application is also used in the Porsche boxtster. There is a few bellhousing holes that dont get used on the Boxster but do on the Audi, this is why im sure itll mount to the VR block ok, considering the 1.8T tranverse uses 02A and 02J, same engine longitudinal uses the 012 if you catch my drift. The Treg with the Vr6 motor uses an inline Transmission and so on, im sure if you fit a spigot bearing or not sure if audi flywheel maybe then that 012 box should marry up ok
Cheers
Jmac
Feel free to ring me this evening mate

JVLR32
27-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Pretty much , the 012 was used in very wide range, b6 box very similar too, if you are taking it from a 99, itll be a 012 5 speed. This application is also used in the Porsche boxtster. There is a few bellhousing holes that dont get used on the Boxster but do on the Audi, this is why im sure itll mount to the VR block ok, considering the 1.8T tranverse uses 02A and 02J, same engine longitudinal uses the 012 if you catch my drift. The Treg with the Vr6 motor uses an inline Transmission and so on, im sure if you fit a spigot bearing or not sure if audi flywheel maybe then that 012 box should marry up ok
Cheers
Jmac
Feel free to ring me this evening mate

ok this is tops....thanku speak tnite m8:banana:

Jmac
28-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Just to add to what ive said , i have checked out how the VR5 passat mounts as it is longitudinal, there is an intermediate plate mate, thats the missing link i think, part number 071103551A
Cheers
Jmac

JVLR32
30-11-2009, 09:27 AM
ok....jimmy now u have givin me a choice between the audi A4 or a V5 passat!

Which one is goin to handle more hps without stress?
Which is the least messin around to fit up to the VR6?

Jmac
30-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Wee bit off the track there mate, i meant i was checking how the V5 mounted as it is already longitudinal, this would give an idea if you need the intermediate plate i mentioned. i still think the 012 box would do the trick, ive never personally done it, but in my minds eye itll work, thus my reasoning a couple of posts back, wish you were just round the corner mate. In my minds eye mate i see the BDE engine ( Vr6) with the intermediate plate, as i think the bolt pattern is different for a straight up mount, forgot to check the bolt pattern on the flywheel mind you , stay tuned mate, cogs are turning, would be keen to see you do this
Cheers
Jmac

Jmac
30-11-2009, 11:21 PM
After a further ponder on this one, the Phaeton had the Vr6 lump in the UK, this was fitted longitudinal, its intermediate plate would make more sense to mount the 012 box. The part number for it is 022103551. Clutch would indeed still need the needle roller spigot bearing as i mentioned above for the inline set up. Ill check this plate out tomorrow at Dub.
Something else worth a looksee is 034 Motorsport mate, they do an adapter plate, i reckon they are worth giving a call to verify the part number, i do see it has a Audi/Vw label on it, be interesting to see if it ties up with the numbers ive quoted
here is the link to them
http://www.034motorsport.com/index.php?cPath=28_85
Jmac

JVLR32
01-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Wee bit off the track there mate, i meant i was checking how the V5 mounted as it is already longitudinal, this would give an idea if you need the intermediate plate i mentioned. i still think the 012 box would do the trick, ive never personally done it, but in my minds eye itll work, thus my reasoning a couple of posts back, wish you were just round the corner mate. In my minds eye mate i see the BDE engine ( Vr6) with the intermediate plate, as i think the bolt pattern is different for a straight up mount, forgot to check the bolt pattern on the flywheel mind you , stay tuned mate, cogs are turning, would be keen to see you do this
Cheers
JmacThanks jimmy....i wont rush into it as yet till iam sure!!!

JVLR32
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
so suggesting the 012 audi box with plate.....?
So i need to find this box...any ideas up ur way jimmy

JVLR32
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
just had a look jimmy at that adaptor...it says audi quattro!!! or is this all audi boxes they have them for...

Jmac
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah says audi quattro 01a and 012 box mate. The quatrro 6 speed has the same bolthole pattern .
Ill see if there is anything around up here, Golf Loon may also know , well worth a PM
Cheers
Jmac

JVLR32
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah says audi quattro 01a and 012 box mate. The quatrro 6 speed has the same bolthole pattern .
Ill see if there is anything around up here, Golf Loon may also know , well worth a PM
Cheers
Jmac

excellent....jimmy m8
Golf loon gave some numbers...cant get as yet!

JVLR32
05-12-2009, 04:57 PM
J...i ordered the adaptor for gearbox to motor...Really suprised the service 034motorsport have given:banana:

Thanks for your help JMAC....

still need a box:rolleyes:

Jmac
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey no worries mate, sorry for the late replies phone has been going off!! and most of the time its ringing when im tarred with oil or lying horizontal under a German car, i will always get back to you one way or another though.
Ill have a look around for a box up here, as for 034 Motorsport they really pride themselves at what they do, the A4 with the VR they have is quite a thing!!!!!!
Cheers
Jmac

JVLR32
05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey no worries mate, sorry for the late replies phone has been going off!! and most of the time its ringing when im tarred with oil or lying horizontal under a German car, i will always get back to you one way or another though.
Ill have a look around for a box up here, as for 034 Motorsport they really pride themselves at what they do, the A4 with the VR they have is quite a thing!!!!!!
Cheers
Jmac

M8 no probs....u will like wat iam doin quiet scary
034 lookin forward to the talks as well