PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please - Q5

chinpakt
23-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Greetings!

I have recently put a deposit for a Q5 2.0 TFSI. I originally went with brilliant black exterior and black interior. Since making this decision last Friday, I am now having second thoughts.

I am now wondering if I should change it to garnet red exterior with either black or cardamom beige interior...what do you all think?

Also, am seriously considering adding the S-line exterior package. Is this a good idea?

Your opinions are much appreciated. Cheers!

Sharkie
24-11-2009, 05:40 AM
I came very close to buying a Q5 TFSI in silver with black leather. Second option would have been black with black leather. In your case I'd go for the black on black. Abd the S-Line kit makes it stand out .... go for it.

Deal breaker for me was the rear seat that could not accomodate my 3 kids in comfort. Even though it looks like a 3 seat bench it can really only fit 2 in comfort. :confused: 10mins into the test drive middle child was not happy....

Went for a Tiguan instead.

chinpakt
24-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Went for a Tiguan instead.

Hi Sharkie, I was considering the Tiguan before, but the boot could hardly fit my Phil and Teds. Then, I looked at some of the 7-seaters like the Q7, Kluger, Mazda CX-7, but they were huge.

The Q5 seems just the right size for me. I've got 2 young ones with a 3rd one coming along. The Q5 should last me for the next 3-4 years at least...I hope...

Thanks for the feedbaci, mate!

Sharkie
24-11-2009, 07:58 AM
The Q5 seems just the right size for me. I've got 2 young ones with a 3rd one coming along. The Q5 should last me for the next 3-4 years at least...I hope...

Small kids should be fine for your 3-4 years. Mine are 8, 10 & 12 and the large transmission tunnel in the back makes it uncomfortable for anybody that need to sit in the middle that need to put their feet on the ground. Sitting with widely spread legs makes the middle one complain very loudly ver quickly.:mad:

Tiguan does not have this, it does have about half the Q5 boot though .... :rolleyes:

Love the Q5 though and it was my 1st choice but for the kids' issues.

Arctra
24-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Greetings!

I have recently put a deposit for a Q5 2.0 TFSI. I originally went with brilliant black exterior and black interior. Since making this decision last Friday, I am now having second thoughts.

I am now wondering if I should change it to garnet red exterior with either black or cardamom beige interior...what do you all think?

Also, am seriously considering adding the S-line exterior package. Is this a good idea?

Your opinions are much appreciated. Cheers!

Nice choice! I really liked the Q5 when I tested it, but ended up going with the Tiguan because it was more compact and affordable.

As for colour choices, I have a black Tig with tan leather. Black exterior looks awesome IMO, and on and Audi, I would go for black over red. As for interior, with kids, I think you've done well with black. I have been careful with my interior and it still has some marking on the seat from my belt, and inside the door from feet bumping when getting in and out.

As for the S-line exterior, do you have any intentions of taking your beast offroad? If so, maybe skip the S-line exterior, but I have to agree with Sharkie... it looks GOOOOOOOD! Most Q5 owners wouldn't offroad with them, so you'll probably want to go for it ;-)

chinpakt
24-11-2009, 09:38 AM
As for colour choices, I have a black Tig with tan leather. Black exterior looks awesome IMO, and on and Audi, I would go for black over red. As for interior, with kids, I think you've done well with black. I have been careful with my interior and it still has some marking on the seat from my belt, and inside the door from feet bumping when getting in and out.

As for the S-line exterior, do you have any intentions of taking your beast offroad? If so, maybe skip the S-line exterior, but I have to agree with Sharkie... it looks GOOOOOOOD! Most Q5 owners wouldn't offroad with them, so you'll probably want to go for it ;-)

Many thanks, mate!