PDA

View Full Version : Passat cc: Panoramic fixed roof or sliding sunroof

Leagle
22-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok, I am probably going to bore a few people here and hopefully educate a few too.

Having ordered a new CC, I was a little annoyed that although I wanted the panoramic roof which looks great, I could not get past the fact that it does not slide (ie open) and in that sense is not a proper sunroof.

So I did not order the roof with my CC and am planning to fit a professionally fitted aftermarket one thank you for your comments to Antman particularly in previous responses!)

But I could not resist to ask all of you out there. If you had the choice in ordering a new CC, how would YOU order one?
(a) No roof - don't really want one
(b) With standard but tilt only panaromic roof - looks great
(c) With a proper (albeit aftermarket) sliding roof

Leagle
22-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I forgot to mention... assume that EITHER roof option costs approx the same (circa $2,000)

Highlander
22-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Because I didn't want to wait till next March for a CC, I took a dealer stock car that was optioned with a panoramic sunroof to get a car with the other options I wanted. Had one previous vehicle with a "proper" sunroof and found very little opportunity to use it. I like quiet motoring, rarely wind down the windows and live in an air conditioned cocoon. Sun roof in that car was opened I suppose on a warm winters day only. Too hot to open in summer (bald head) and I wasn't in a position to air condition the whole planet. Haven't seen a silent sunroof yet and the CC tilt panoramic is no exception adding a fair bit of wind noise. Sunroof open in the Sydney traffic? No way. I am over my addiction to sniffing fuel and exhaust fumes. So in a nutshell. No. I wouldn't order a sunroof and secondly actually having the panoramic roof just reinforces my opinion. Mafia staff car rear window power blind is cool and earns almost as may "ooh aahs" as park assist. Not sure if the blind is standard in the CC or part of the sunroof package. Sunroof would be on the bottom rung of my options list.

Rthirsty6
22-11-2009, 08:25 PM
But I could not resist to ask all of you out there. If you had the choice in ordering a new CC, how would YOU order one?
(a) No roof - don't really want one
(b) With standard but tilt only panaromic roof - looks great
(c) With a proper (albeit aftermarket) sliding roof

No roof, that would be a great looking car...... a CC convertible!! Sorry, couldn't help myself :rolleyes:
Having previously owned an Audi with the panoramic glass double sunroof (tilt & slide, although slide "over" the rear of the roof and very noisy!) I always had the idea that the A/C was struggling because of the lack of insulation. The Audi has very poor sunblinds to block the sun, not sure how well the sunblinds are set-up in the CC. I do believe that the glass roof looks great on the CC, especially a white one! But question whether that's enough reason to get it...... I probably would if the sunblinds are decent, if not I probably wouldn't.
Good luck!