PDA

View Full Version : Carsguide COTY?

cktsi
21-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I know Carsguide isn't the most of prestigious of motor vehicle awards. It's evaluation method isn't transparent & doesn't seem to be scientific either.

However, after viewing all the videos, is it just me or does it look like the Golf is going to win it based on the comments they're dropping? There wasn't a single bad comment about it & they dropped a comparison to the Golf during the Mazda3 review.

PassatB6
22-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I know Carsguide isn't the most of prestigious of motor vehicle awards. It's evaluation method isn't transparent & doesn't seem to be scientific either.

However, after viewing all the videos, is it just me or does it look like the Golf is going to win it based on the comments they're dropping? There wasn't a single bad comment about it & they dropped a comparison to the Golf during the Mazda3 review.

Its got a decent head start considering its already won WCOTY, International Engine of the Year, Green Engine of the Year, 1.0-1.4 l Engine of the Year- All very prestigious awards. In the past these types of awards were ignored by the Australian press and the local awards were handed to a 'popular' car rather than a competent car.