PDA

View Full Version : fifth injector

william
17-02-2007, 07:12 PM
i was on the web and found a thread in reference to installing a fifth injector, it was positioned before the throttle body butterfly it would require a hole drilled enough for the injector rubber gromit to bed into, an injector a conector plug and section of the loom has anyone seen or done this?

Golf Loon
17-02-2007, 08:49 PM
wouldn`t that be a 7th injector for you mate? You could prob set that up with the microtech on your car :D

aliasmk2
17-02-2007, 09:11 PM
i was on the web and found a thread in reference to installing a fifth injector, it was positioned before the throttle body butterfly it would require a hole drilled enough for the injector rubber gromit to bed into, an injector a conector plug and section of the loom has anyone seen or done this?
I have heard of the existing cold start injector (K-jet) being incorporated to the super charging switch. So when you hit the switch the fith injector becomes active

william
18-02-2007, 10:22 AM
the thread was found on a peugeot 205gti forum in relation to a fifth injector setup on the throttle body pic attached would be good with a turbo setup on a four cylinder 2.0 golf engine with microtech

h100vw
18-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I used the cold start injector on my MK1 to get more fuel. Using a box called a map fueller. Pretty crude but it worked a treat. Has a vac switch built in so it only injected when under load.

The box could drive 2 injectors if required and you would drill them into the back of the inlet manifold, firing between 1 and 2, 3 and 4 for best distribution of the fuel.

Reasonably easy to set up with a lambda reader to monitor the mixture. You could do it on the road easy enough. 6 or 7 settings based on revs, you could increase the duty cycle of the injector up to flat out to get the fuel you needed.

With a pressure switch you could use it with a turbo too.

Gavin

PS looking for a link now.

LINK found

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/mf2/mf2.html