PDA

View Full Version : Which Aftermarkets for GTI

mattyf83
19-11-2009, 07:42 PM
have ordered a Black GTI and desperatley want 18's for it. I want to keep it in the Audi/VW family, which of these do you guys think will look the best.

Im thinking either of the R32 rims, or the RS4's
http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/euro.htm

team_v
19-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I would go the merc blade's (Lorinser rep's)
They look sh!z hot on golf's.
http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/merc12.jpg

Alternatively though, i would go the omanyt's:
http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/r32bg.jpg

Or the RS4 Reps:
http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/rs4mattbg.jpg

Corey_R
19-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Mate, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If enough people posted here, you'd get at least one person saying that each and every one of those wheels is "the best" in their opinion. But that's all it is, 'their opinion'. If you like the RS4 or R32's, then I say go for it!

Just make sure that they are of good quality, not too heavy, and that they are the correct width and offset for the GTI :)

Now I'm going to break my own rule and offer an opinion anyway, lol. The RS4 rims have a lot of 'open area', whereas the R32 has more spokes etc. Just remember that the GTI's brake rotors won't 'fill' the rim and if that matters to you, it may look a bit funny with a rim as open as the RS4.

mattyf83
19-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Mate, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If enough people posted here, you'd get at least one person saying that each and every one of those wheels is "the best" in their opinion. But that's all it is, 'their opinion'. If you like the RS4 or R32's, then I say go for it!

Just make sure that they are of good quality, not too heavy, and that they are the correct width and offset for the GTI :)

Now I'm going to break my own rule and offer an opinion anyway, lol. The RS4 rims have a lot of 'open area', whereas the R32 has more spokes etc. Just remember that the GTI's brake rotors won't 'fill' the rim and if that matters to you, it may look a bit funny with a rim as open as the RS4.

Buying wheels is a big thing, i have had a few friends who bought some awful wheels in the past, some opinons from fellow golf owners will be good.

Good point about the RS4s, im leaning towards Mk4 R32s. They are 1300 with rubber, but they are prob ordinary rubber, the do sell contis though so will get a quote based on that.

pologti18t
20-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Buying wheels is a big thing, i have had a few friends who bought some awful wheels in the past, some opinons from fellow golf owners will be good.

I think alot of people who buy wheels cant even visualise what they will look like on the car. They just buy what looks good in a brochure or which ones sparkles the most in the sunlight :) So you end up with the hideous combinations you see on the road today.

Corey_R
20-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Good point about the RS4s, im leaning towards Mk4 R32s. They are 1300 with rubber, but they are prob ordinary rubber, the do sell contis though so will get a quote based on that.

Skimp on your wheels if you want, but don't skimp on your rubber man!
If the purchase of quality 18" tyres in Australia is too much for you to fathom, then check out tirerack.com in the USA. They'll ship to Australia, and you'll get your tyres for about half of what they would've been purchased locally (sometimes even less than half!).

You then just take your tyres and your wheels to whoever you want and pay them a nominal fee to fit them.

mattyf83
20-11-2009, 11:35 AM
If the purchase of quality 18" tyres in Australia is too much for you to fathom, then check out tirerack.com in the USA. They'll ship to Australia, and you'll get your tyres for about half of what they would've been purchased locally (sometimes even less than half!).

You then just take your tyres and your wheels to whoever you want and pay them a nominal fee to fit them.

Thanks for the tip, tyres are a big thing for me, would never put no names on my car, i have always had continental sport contacts.

Will check tyre rack out

GoLfMan
20-11-2009, 11:36 AM
ARGH dont get R32 or RS4 reps. SO BORING

get something different for a change! ie those Merc blades would be absolutely awesome! :D

Big Yellow
20-11-2009, 11:41 AM
ARGH dont get R32 or RS4 reps. SO BORING

get something different for a change! ie those Merc blades would be absolutely awesome! :D
yeah those merc wheels do look the biz!!

i also like the lambo gallardo wheels!!

now to find out where to get some!!

GoLfMan
20-11-2009, 11:50 AM
yeah those merc wheels do look the biz!!

i also like the lambo gallardo wheels!!

now to find out where to get some!!

you should get yourself the merc wheels.. So much better looking than Lambo wheels.

Or even Bentley wheels. EPIC

Dave07
20-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Would you know how long it takes and the general shipping costs to Australia?

thanks

Corey_R
20-11-2009, 05:47 PM
The shipping can cost around US$250. Yet that was factored into my comments about the tyres being up to an over half the cost of purchasing in Australia.
It would usually only take 1 to 2 weeks for shipping.

Dave07
21-11-2009, 09:59 AM
The shipping can cost around US$250. Yet that was factored into my comments about the tyres being up to an over half the cost of purchasing in Australia.
It would usually only take 1 to 2 weeks for shipping.

Thanks for that man. Will be ordering mine when the time comes. :cool:

AdamD
21-11-2009, 01:12 PM
have ordered a Black GTI and desperatley want 18's for it. I want to keep it in the Audi/VW family, which of these do you guys think will look the best.

http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/euro.htm

I must say, I think those MkV R32 rims are fantastic. I'm sorely tempted to order myself a set for my MkVI GTI when it arrives! Can anyone tell me if the size and offset of the R32 rim will fit a GTI?

Presumably, however, those rims made by a copycat manufacturer somewhere in China, and the weight and quality won't be the best. Genuine rims from VW would have to cost a fortune.

Yevvy
21-11-2009, 01:25 PM
you should get yourself the merc wheels.. So much better looking than Lambo wheels.

bentley wheels on a lowered b5.5 passat wagon = sex!!

sorry a bit off topic :D

Maverick
21-11-2009, 07:21 PM

And get a merc to match them.

And these look fantastic no matter which Bently you buy to put them on!

RS4's from VMR or Omanynt's from VW would be my pick. I'd steer clear of places like St George tyres with their cheap knockoffs when you look at the price you can import the VMR RS4's for or even pick up a set of near new genuine Omanynt's.

mattyf83
22-11-2009, 02:59 PM

RS4's from VMR or Omanynt's from VW would be my pick. I'd steer clear of places like St George tyres with their cheap knockoffs when you look at the price you can import the VMR RS4's for or even pick up a set of near new genuine Omanynt's.

Good point, but where from?

backdoc
22-11-2009, 08:03 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6483/vwgtibbsrims.jpg

These are the bomb. I had a MkV R32 (just sold) and I wanted to put these on but never got around to it. BBS CH rims, and you can get some rip offs. I'm suprised there are not more of these around. Awesome rims!

Golf Houso
22-11-2009, 08:15 PM

http://www.sonic.net/~atomicow/yawn.jpg

Oh c'mon Mav, live a little. Sometimes I think you don't have any kind of an imagination at all!!! Also your line of logic is a bit odd since for all intensive purposes, an Audi is not a Volkswagen...

Oh and x3585759084375349 on the Merc SLR rims...

DubBoy
22-11-2009, 08:26 PM
how bout' some of these?
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1226/2clxcx.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/i/2clxcx.jpg/)
By DubBoy (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/DubBoy)
too pimp??

Corey_R
22-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah - not my thing :)

backdoc
22-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah - not my thing :)

what do u think of the bbs ch rims?

Corey_R
23-11-2009, 05:49 AM
They're ok. I think they look better on other cars. But as I said in my first post. It's all irrelevant. The only thing which matters is what someone thinks of their own car. If you like them and you have them, then congrats!

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 07:50 AM

well the RS4's would look sweet on any Audi you buy, Mav. oh wait, you better get an R32 for the omanynts that you have.

woops, Branko beat me to it.:banana:

Maverick
23-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh c'mon Mav, live a little. Sometimes I think you don't have any kind of an imagination at all!!! Also your line of logic is a bit odd since for all intensive purposes, an Audi is not a Volkswagen...

Oh and x3585759084375349 on the Merc SLR rims...

:stupid:

An Audi is a Volkswagen if you want to go down that path, Audi is 100% owned by Volkswagen Group (Volkswagen AG) and contains many parts that are made specifically for Volkswagen to use on their own models.

Of course if you had bothered to read the OP's request it was pretty clear as to what he wanted to do which was keep it in the VAG family.

Audi and VW models are very similar in many respects and the wheels often look equally as good on a Golf/Jetta/Passat as they did on similar models over at Audi.

Maverick
23-11-2009, 10:33 AM
well the RS4's would look sweet on any Audi you buy, Mav. oh wait, you better get an R32 for the omanynts that you have.

Perhaps read the OP's request, if you want to take a cheap shot at anyone start there because I was only answering his question which was specifically around the RS4 and R32 rims.

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Of course if you had bothered to read the OP's request it was pretty clear as to what he wanted to do which was keep it in the VAG family.

yep i read it. and i played off other peoples opinions to try something different.

PS btw, Bentley and Lambo are part of the VAG family too.
PS.2 i know merc is not, but those wheels look great on Golfs.
PS.3 and according to your favourite source, Audi is 99.55% owned by VAG

:troll:

G-rig
23-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Hey watch what you say about my orig wheels.. They are good OEM accessories and the Denvers have been done to death.

Some Merc wheels may be nice but would look wrong and should be on a Merc.

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey watch what you say about my orig wheels.. They are good OEM accessories and the Denvers have been done to death.
heheheh not dissing them. they are a great OEM wheel!

WABIT
23-11-2009, 11:02 AM

An Audi is a Volkswagen if you want to go down that path, Audi is 100% owned by Volkswagen Group (Volkswagen AG) and contains many parts that are made specifically for Volkswagen to use on their own models.

Audi and VW models are very similar in many respects and the wheels often look equally as good on a Golf/Jetta/Passat as they did on similar models over at Audi.

hahaha OMG! does it reeally matter who owns what when it comes to rims?

if they bolt up, USE EM!... if you like em USE EM!

GOD! if 1900's wooden wheels look good on your car..... ****ing USE EM!

this topic isnt about "WHY I CANT USE BENTLY OR MERC WHEELS!"

lighten up dude, it aint your car

my vote is lawnmower wheels, ohh wait its not VAG owned.... DONT!

G-rig
23-11-2009, 11:26 AM
People should just put whatever wheels they like on and not bother to ask for opinions then..

Maverick
23-11-2009, 11:58 AM
hahaha OMG! does it reeally matter who owns what when it comes to rims?

if they bolt up, USE EM!... if you like em USE EM!

GOD! if 1900's wooden wheels look good on your car..... ****ing USE EM!

this topic isnt about "WHY I CANT USE BENTLY OR MERC WHEELS!"

lighten up dude, it aint your car

my vote is lawnmower wheels, ohh wait its not VAG owned.... DONT!

:stupid: :troll:

You're right, the topic ISN'T about "WHY I CANT USE BENTLY OR MERC WHEELS!" but it IS about the three rims he listed which he asked for opinions on. He didn't ask to be offered Mercedes, Lambroghini or Lada wheels, he asked for opinions on these specific 3 rims and gave his reasons.

WABIT
23-11-2009, 01:49 PM
yeah thats fair enough, but why do people have to hear the politics of VAG ownership in relation to wheel choice?

WABIT
23-11-2009, 02:10 PM
yeah cool, your right mate...:rolleyes: wheel choice was the initial question, not about audi being vw's or whatever you were stressing about.....

back on topic, go some benz alphards..... BEST!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2319124861_8d9aaaabbb_o-1.jpg

Golf Houso
23-11-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah cool, your right mate...:rolleyes: wheel choice was the initial question, not about audi being vw's or whatever you were stressing about.....

back on topic, go some benz alphards..... BEST!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2319124861_8d9aaaabbb_o-1.jpg

I agree, I think we should all drown Maverick's whining with MK5's and other Volkswagens on awesome merc rims...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2852976731_f1df130f1d_o-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2319126021_3e6b1385e9_o-1.jpg

WABIT
23-11-2009, 02:15 PM
^^^^^ BEST!

dom

Corey_R
23-11-2009, 02:37 PM
lol... hideous! :D

WABIT
23-11-2009, 02:41 PM
lol... hideous! :D

maybee some polo GTI wheels then? :emo_baghead: lol jokes

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/3886532042_340520c91e_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/3885741461_6cfdbbbcb0_b-1.jpg

G-rig
23-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Let's just post up random slammed cars, which would be pretty ****e on our roads.. You blokes should live in the US where you can do that.

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Let's just post up random slammed cars, which would be pretty ****e on our roads.. You blokes should live in the US where you can do that.
well they arent exactly random. they're all VW.

just saying that merc wheels or any wheel can look great for what ever car regardless of brand.

plus they are on air. they can turn into 4x4 height in a few seconds.

G-rig
23-11-2009, 03:04 PM
well they arent exactly random. they're all VW.

just saying that merc wheels or any wheel can look great for what ever car regardless of brand.

plus they are on air. they can turn into 4x4 height in a few seconds.

Wasn't having a go at you, but sif he is going to slam it on bags anyway. Some people think they are ballers like the US guys..

Do bags even handle well or all for show? May as well get chromies.

Big Yellow
23-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Wasn't having a go at you, but sif he is going to slam it on bags anyway. Some people think they are ballers like the US guys..

hhahah true true.

wouldnt get bags myself.

but the alphards and blades do look cool on a golf! :P

WABIT
23-11-2009, 03:55 PM

lol, dont nock it back untill you tried em, yes bags have been around in the u.s but they have been in OZ for almost 2 decades now... just not on VW's

and handling.... with new bag technology on the market these days, the performance has changed heaps, hell! some drift cars in the u.s AND in OZ roll bags over shocks...

bit of useless info for people un educated in airbags :cool:

and no i dont think im baller, i just dont want to drive on these ****ty roads slammed and potentially smashing something underneath...... AGAIN!
does that seem like a reasonable excuse to run bags?

dom

Golf Houso
23-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Having the car incredibly low and running Mercedes wheels are not really related, since when did you have to absolutely slam a car for it to look good? We're just saying to have your options open to what most people do which are the RS4 reps and other OEM wheels which imo are overdone and never looked good in the first place!!!

WABIT
23-11-2009, 04:05 PM
^^^^^^ x2

dom.

G-rig
23-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Having the car incredibly low and running Mercedes wheels are not really related, since when did you have to absolutely slam a car for it to look good? We're just saying to have your options open to what most people do which are the RS4 reps and other OEM wheels which imo are overdone and never looked good in the first place!!!

It's funny, everyone says rs4 reps are overdone, but how many have you actually seen in real life on a golf? I've probably seen one car in Brisbane. Could just be all the pics on the Internet. I think they are a very classy wheel , VRM's ar also good value but depends what the OP is going for.

Golf Houso
23-11-2009, 04:17 PM
It's funny, everyone says rs4 reps are overdone, but how many have you actually seen in real life on a golf? I've probably seen one car in Brisbane. Could just be all the pics on the Internet. I think they are a very classy wheel , VRM's ar also good value but depends what the OP is going for.

About 5 cars parked next to each other from GolfMKV.com users from the last Sydney summer cruise. The wheel looks great on silver MKV's I'll be the first to admit that but seeing them on car after car really tires them out...

G-rig
23-11-2009, 04:24 PM
lol, dont nock it back untill you tried em, yes bags have been around in the u.s but they have been in OZ for almost 2 decades now... just not on VW's

and handling.... with new bag technology on the market these days, the performance has changed heaps, hell! some drift cars in the u.s AND in OZ roll bags over shocks...

bit of useless info for people un educated in airbags :cool:

and no i dont think im baller, i just dont want to drive on these ****ty roads slammed and potentially smashing something underneath...... AGAIN!
does that seem like a reasonable excuse to run bags?

dom

That's fair enough, I know bags have been around but thought they were illegal? It's a unique style the US lads seem to like, but poke and too much stretch doesn't sit well with DOT here, fairly illegal but noticed people running them up in Townsville.

Maverick
23-11-2009, 04:47 PM

So far is seems all the Mercedes rims have been fitted to golfs that are slammed to the ground. Sure says something about lack of taste if fitting some bling 19"+ rims and slamming the car to the ground is seen as an improvement :eek:

mattyf83
23-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Cheers for your input guys

My reason for liking R32 or RS4 rims is simple, i like understated class of Volkswagens and Audis. I am not the kind of guy to spend 50k on a brand new car and go out and dump it on some monstrosity 19 inch rims and look like a teenage hoon who does laps of the rocks or brighton le sands on a friday night.

Seriously some people have some poor taste, maybe as a show car, but mine will be a daily driver.

FTR the Merc rims look ok, but not my style.

Maverick
23-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Cheers for your input guys

My reason for liking R32 or RS4 rims is simple, i like understated class of Volkswagens and Audis. I am not the kind of guy to spend 50k on a brand new car and go out and dump it on some monstrosity 19 inch rims and look like a teenage hoon who does laps of the rocks or brighton le sands on a friday night.

Seriously some people have some poor taste, maybe as a show car, but mine will be a daily driver.

FTR the Merc rims look ok, but not my style.

:worship1:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Seems that some people took the wrong turn and ended up at a VW dealer rather than a Subaru or Nissan one :eek:

G-rig
23-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Maybe the other guys should start a 'Slam & Pimp My Ride' thread.

Golf Houso
23-11-2009, 11:13 PM
So far is seems all the Mercedes rims have been fitted to golfs that are slammed to the ground. Sure says something about lack of taste if fitting some bling 19"+ rims and slamming the car to the ground is seen as an improvement :eek:

I'm not even sure if you even have taste in your mouth, let alone for cars Mav.

We're not asking the OP to put Merc rims on his golf just to consider it :duh:

Whatever you do mate, I'm pretty sure it'd look good anyway :wink:

Maverick
24-11-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm not even sure if you even have taste in your mouth, let alone for cars Mav.

We're not asking the OP to put Merc rims on his golf just to consider it :duh:

Whatever you do mate, I'm pretty sure it'd look good anyway :wink:

If your idea of taste is a slammed golf with chrome 20"+ Mercedes rim than I'm not the one with the taste problem :eek:

team_v
24-11-2009, 06:17 AM
If your idea of taste is a slammed golf with chrome 20"+ Mercedes rim than I'm not the one with the taste problem :eek:

To be honest i think that would look absolutely ace.
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to make your car stand out from the rest.

The OP asked for our opinions on wheels so we gave it to them.
Most people like costomising their car so why not let him.
I know i will be customising mine.

Plus The OP could be the first in Australia to ride on Lorinser blades.

Big Yellow
24-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I dont see any 20" chrome wheels in this thread? :S

G-rig
24-11-2009, 07:27 AM

These are pretty close :
(they must weight heaaaps)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2319126021_3e6b1385e9_o-1.jpg

Corey_R
24-11-2009, 08:14 AM
I'd put a guess that they're actually larger than 20" - considering that Harding Performance put plenty of 19" Oettinger wheels in their cars, we're know they're definitely not 19's - but they look like they take up considerably more of the wheel arch than a 20" would take. I'd say they're maybe 21" or 22"

Maverick
24-11-2009, 08:23 AM

You're right, they're probably 22-23" hence my + at the end. This means 20" and greater. Look at the one that G-Rig posted because they're going to up around there.

Big Yellow
24-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I'd put a guess that they're actually larger than 20" - considering that Harding Performance put plenty of 19" Oettinger wheels in their cars, we're know they're definitely not 19's - but they look like they take up considerably more of the wheel arch than a 20" would take. I'd say they're maybe 21" or 22"
they're not 22". the cars are slammed on air. hence no wheel gap and full arches. 22" wouldnt even fit in there when slammed. and they are OEM Merc wheels. Which Mercs back in the 90s came with 20+" wheels??

PS. they are not chrome, they are polished!!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2319937236_e69d452df5_o-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2768753145_6970221fe2_o-1.jpg

G-rig
24-11-2009, 08:43 AM
There is way too much wheel gap on the sides compares to the top, which is why it looks crap..

WABIT
24-11-2009, 08:45 AM
HAHAHAH maverik and g-rig i dont even know why you bother with vw's, and putting your opinions in threads when all you guys say that standard stuff is good and everything elce looks like chrome 20's

the man needs wheels! we are trying to give him something other than RS4 reps like every other mk5 or 6 bloke who decides he want to put wheels, because lets face it, i bet 99% of mk4-5-6 owners who want to change wheels.... ALWAYS CONSIDER! audi rs4 reps!

we are simply giving ideas outside the box, and what? your trying to say mercedes uses chrome 20's on there standard cars? because all those wheels come on stock merc's? now i bet im gonna read some smartass say something stupid about how merc's roll on 20's or something stupid about airbags or something.....

u want wheels dude? go these....
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/car-audio/15535d1144828954-audio-setup-stock-wh-statesman-8b042310.jpg

WABIT
24-11-2009, 08:46 AM
There is way too much wheel gap on the sides compares to the top, which is why it looks crap..

my god!, go back to the knitting and stitching forum mate.......
im going outside to work on my car....... this thread sucks......

G-rig
24-11-2009, 08:53 AM
You know it's true, if they filled the guards the same gap all the way around I wouldn't care how low it is, just looks cheap like a dumped Honda civic. It's like a lot of young blokes with old A4s and 3series BMW on cheap wheels and think as low as possible = better handling.

Not knocking aftermarket wheels as I got some but would recommend more tasteful wheels like BBS, OZ Racing, Work, Volk & Enkei with a nice drop.

Big Yellow
24-11-2009, 08:57 AM
You know it's true, if they filled the guards the same gap all the way around I wouldn't care how low it is, just looks cheap like a dumped Honda civic. It's like a lot of young blokes with old A4s and 3series BMW on cheap wheels and think as low as possible = better handling.

Not knocking aftermarket wheels as I got some but would recommend more tasteful wheels like BBS, OZ Racing, Work, Volk & Enkei with a nice drop.
not disagreeing with you greg.

i too like the wheels you mentioned, especially your oz ultras!! saw chungas blue r32 with the black ultras on friday night and they look great!

but i think, the merc/bentley/lambo wheels are pretty cool too for a show type wheel, espeically here where no one has done it. definately stand out more from the usual crowd. i think thats where we are getting at, and understand its not for everyone.

getting a bit over the top here now LOL

G-rig
24-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree Terence, and the lambo wheels look awesome on the MK5 R32 like the guy did who has the 997.

Merc wheels just look like you're trying too hard but don't mind some of them.

mikinoz
24-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Can you all just accept that there is no correct styling for a car, and each person will choose something different...

No winners or losers, just different choices.

Maverick
24-11-2009, 09:48 AM
HAHAHAH maverik and g-rig i dont even know why you bother with vw's, and putting your opinions in threads when all you guys say that standard stuff is good and everything elce looks like chrome 20's

Lame.

the man needs wheels! we are trying to give him something other than RS4 reps like every other mk5 or 6 bloke who decides he want to put wheels, because lets face it, i bet 99% of mk4-5-6 owners who want to change wheels.... ALWAYS CONSIDER! audi rs4 reps!

There are not that many RS4 reps out there on cars so clearly not everyone considers them.

He made it clear what he wanted if you bothered to read his requirements.

we are simply giving ideas outside the box, and what? your trying to say mercedes uses chrome 20's on there standard cars? because all those wheels come on stock merc's? now i bet im gonna read some smartass say something stupid about how merc's roll on 20's or something stupid about airbags or something.....

If I'm not mistaken airbags are illegal on golfs (at least the mark v's) in every state and reduce the handling. But I guess in the world of rice all that matters is the car looks tacky.

u want wheels dude? go these....
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Wow really tacky wheels!

DubSteve
24-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Lame.

Lamer.

There are not that many RS4 reps out there on cars so clearly not everyone considers them.

He made it clear what he wanted if you bothered to read his requirements.

Obviously you must be short sighted or something? There are heaps of mk5 with rs4 reps. Think about something different for a change or that may be too hard for some mk5 folk!

If I'm not mistaken airbags are illegal on golfs (at least the mark v's) in every state and reduce the handling. But I guess in the world of rice all that matters is the car looks tacky.

Where does it say that your car will look tacky or rice with bags? Too top it off you guys go off your heads for cars that are lowered. Don't forget you find a mk5 in the US that isn't lowered. The picture is there for reference of the wheel not the ride height gonzo!