PDA

View Full Version : After market Hollandia sun roof

geoffp
18-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I am enquiring if anyone has had an after market Hollandia sunroof fitted.

Berwick VW use Prestige Sunroofs, and I have been quoted $2,200 inc GST for the installation which would be arranged by the VW dealership.

Based on the price I am thinking it would be the Hollandia 700 model, however I really like the mechanics of the Hollandia 900.

Has anyone had either of these two sunroof models fitted. If so, what was the cost and how has your sunroof performed?

I am dropping into Prestige Sunroofs tomorrow morning as they aren't far from work - I can find out pricing etc then, but thought I would ask on the forum for user experiences.

The sunroof will be fitted to a new 2009 Passat wagon.

Thanks in advance,
GeoffP.

Cam
18-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Geoff,

I had a Hollandia 700 fitted a few months ago.
Its a great sunroof, never had any issues with it. Use it every day.

Here are a few pics on my car

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8467/p1020489c.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3669/p1020485.jpg

I had it installed at Webasto in Sutherland.
http://www.webasto.com.au/home/en/homepage.html

$2200 was what I paid also.

Cam

geoffp
18-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Cam,

Looks like there is a small wind deflection lip that rises when the sunroof retracts into the roof line - is that right?

Install looks good - do you get any wind buffeting, etc when running with the rood retracted?

How long did the install take?

Did you happen to price the 900 at all?

Thanks for the info,

Geoff.

Cam
18-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes, there is a small deflector which raises when the roof is open.
There is some wind buffeting with the roof open all the way travelling anywhere from 40-70km/h above/below this speed its not an issue. To prevent this from happening you can just put one of the windows down a tad and the buffeting stops.

However, if you have the roof set to only open 3/4 of the way, it doesn't buffet at all. Interesting thing is, the Hollandia doesn't buffet as much as the stock Sunroof that my father has in his GT sport does.

Overall, its not a big issue. Probably a non issue with the 900 as it looks like the front panel acts as a wind deflector anyway.
http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_4292.html

The install only took a day. Probably less actually. The car was booked in for 2 days but they finished early. I must say, the folks at Webasto did an extremely professional job. Not a scuff, not a mark or anything out of place on the roof lining. I was very happy with the service they provided.

I'm not sure how much the 900 is.
They were very quick in answering my queries though. If you shoot an email off to info@webasto.com.au they should be able to tell you the price. Or 8536 4800

geoffp
18-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks Cam,

Used to have a sunroof in an Audi A3 - yeh, solved the wind buffeting by slightly lowering e rear window - got a really nice breeze circulating that way.

Thought I would ask about the buffeting anyway. :)

Will find out the pricing on the 900 tomorrow at Prestige Sunroofs.

It will be a bit hard waiting for the car, especially when I know the dealer has it and is waiting for the sunroof install to be completed prior to delivery.

Cheers,
Geoff.

G-rig
18-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Cam,

Used to have a sunroof in an Audi A3 - yeh, solved the wind buffeting by slightly lowering e rear window - got a really nice breeze circulating that way.

Thought I would ask about the buffeting anyway. :)

A mate of mine had an aftermarket sunroof in his A3 1.8T (possibly dealer fit) and the wind noise was shocking (assume thats what buffeting is like when the back windows only are open). the factory fit ones didn't have that problem though.

I'd also see how long they warrant it for leaking etc as i can imagine aftermarket sunroofs will go bad eventually but not sure how long you plan to keep it.

Cam
18-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Webasto warrant their sunroofs for 10 years.
I've been in some very very heavy rain and so far its been fine. I've been keeping an eye on the seals and they look fine.

I've read some horror stories of dodgy sunroofs and dodgy fitment, but these guys actually do fitting for a lot of car dealerships as well. When I was picking mine up, a brand new Audi A4 had just been in there getting one done. I trust their work.

G-rig
18-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Looks good in the pics Cam, its probably the people that put them in on the cheap that have problems.

Cam
18-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah definitely. There are some cowboys around. I don't know how I stumbled onto a reputable place but I'm glad I did!
:)

li21
10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
How are resale values affected by after market vs factory sunroofs?

Cam - do you have a pic of the switch they used on the inside? Does it look factory?

JLR
20-01-2010, 08:02 PM
id like to see picts to :)
How are resale values affected by after market vs factory sunroofs?

Cam - do you have a pic of the switch they used on the inside? Does it look factory?

li21
22-09-2010, 08:11 AM
So would anyone buy a car with an after market hollandia/webasto in it?

Does it hurt resale of the car?