PDA

View Full Version : House cleaning

mikinoz
16-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Not the type where a maid turns the bed down, but one that keeps the forums condensed.

What I am suggesting is that we start to nominate things that should be kept for future reference and other things that are important for different user groups of the site.

In the MKIV forum I have attempted to begin managing the posts and have created some stickies that will assist us with keeping new people informed on important informations and also for a quick reference in the future for finding a useful thread.

Some sample threads I have begun;

MKIV appeciation thread
MKIV photography thread
MKIV DIY & How-to thread
MKIV model type survey

It is mys suggestion that these are created in all MK sub sections so we can keep these important threads close to the top of the pages.

PM the Mods if there is something that you think is worth keeping in any threads. Mods are busy people too and more people reading and looking helps us all in the longer term! :)

gpk_gti
16-02-2007, 08:40 PM
great idea mikinoz! In my surfing I never found a thread anywhere ,where it has car modifications listed(without the banter or harassment)so a novice or new owner of a mk4 gti ,mk4 2l etc has a easy view of modifications available ,have been done and with or without prices paid.
Thanks for all your work and help!:) !!

phaeton
16-02-2007, 10:34 PM
If Admin need another Mod to help with all this I'd gladly help ;)

Also hows my VW Lounge for VWAG News idea coming along Brackie ?

brackie
17-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Thanks, guys. If you look at the top of some forums you'll already see stickies that I've created for important admin messages. I also did this with the "Parcel shelf" thread in "Bodywork and trim".

The VW lounge idea is good and I will create it when I am next working on the forum admin cp. This will hopefully be next week when I get satellite broadband :D

I'll have to ask all mods to work on their respective forums regarding the creation of stickies. This is a great organisational move but would be horribly time consuming if I were to do it alone. You will have to go through all posts and sort them :rolleyes:

Phaeton, yes, the lounge is a goer and as originator you can also moderate it for your sins.

On a general note, some of our mods have been asleep at the wheel and some have not even visited the forum of late. I reckon it's time for a shake out. Normally I would wait until May when I dry the herd off and can get stuck into some serious computer work, but the way that the forum is growing it may have to be before then.

phaeton
17-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks, guys. If you look at the top of some forums you'll already see stickies that I've created for important admin messages. I also did this with the "Parcel shelf" thread in "Bodywork and trim".

The VW lounge idea is good and I will create it when I am next working on the forum admin cp. This will hopefully be next week when I get satellite broadband :D

I'll have to ask all mods to work on their respective forums regarding the creation of stickies. This is a great organisational move but would be horribly time consuming if I were to do it alone. You will have to go through all posts and sort them :rolleyes:

Phaeton, yes, the lounge is a goer and as originator you can also moderate it for your sins.

On a general note, some of our mods have been asleep at the wheel and some have not even visited the forum of late. I reckon it's time for a shake out. Normally I would wait until May when I dry the herd off and can get stuck into some serious computer work, but the way that the forum is growing it may have to be before then.

Great News http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/02/icon14gif-1.jpg

I plan on posting all major VWAG news so Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, SEAT, Skoda, VW & VWCV :D

h100vw
17-02-2007, 08:39 AM
This will hopefully be next week when I get satellite broadband :D

And welcome to the 21st century ! :D

GAvin