PDA

View Full Version : Another positive review of the Octavia RS......

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
14-11-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/45988/2009-skoda-octavia-rs-diesel-wagon-and-petrol-hatch-road-test-review/

Personally I think they had the gearboxes on the wrong engines. The DSG should have been on the TDi so it can keep the engine in the torque band & the TSi engine can flex its muscle a little better with more revs in the manual. But each to there own and a great result for the RS in the write up :cool:

Jake02
15-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, the review was great, but the comments afterwards (as usual) were not. This is a comment from some tool:

Comment by rajman
November 15, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

whatever anyone writes about performance or safety, it’s still very bland, looks vanilla and about 10 years old already. And the GTI comparison? Image the dinner party: “I have a GTI”. Tick. “I drive a Skoda”. A what? Sounds like a disease.

Boy did someone called Richie get him, but still, what a pathetic comment! This person clearly hasn't ever seen a Skoda in person. I'm sick and tired of this snobbiness toward the brand. It's just crap! People really do have no idea...

Tick
15-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes, the review was great, but the comments afterwards (as usual) were not. This is a comment from some tool:

Comment by rajman

whatever anyone writes about performance or safety, it’s still very bland, looks vanilla and about 10 years old already. And the GTI comparison? Image the dinner party: “I have a GTI”. Tick. “I drive a Skoda”. A what? Sounds like a disease.

Boy did someone called Richie get him, but still, what a pathetic comment! This person clearly hasn't ever seen a Skoda in person. I'm sick and tired of this snobbiness toward the brand. It's just crap! People really do have no idea...

It was a good and interesting review. The proof really is in the quality of the vehicle and the way it drives so people just need to have an open mind and at least give them a go before bagging them.

And rajman, what a tool. Could you even image (hahahahaha), I mean imagine rajman at a dinner party? Nuf said really.

Nick

gregozedobe
16-11-2009, 12:00 PM
And rajman, what a tool. Could you even image (hahahahaha), I mean imagine rajman at a dinner party? Nuf said really.

I have the perfect squelch for badge snobs like rajman - I'd pull out my Bentley remote key and start fiddling with it (but I would have to park the VW Transporter that it works on around the corner, otherwise it might give the game away).

He's not even a very ambitious snob anyway, Golf GTIs are as common as all getout. Now if he'd said "R8" or "Gallardo" or even RS4 or RS6 I might be slightly impressed.

I think some of the people leaving comments on reviews like that are probably only trolling for someone to bite. Anyone can just post up using any userid they like, there's no screening process at all.

I agree with Tick, the more people at least try Skodas out (even just for a short test drive) the better their reputation will get.

brad
16-11-2009, 03:09 PM

Comment by rajman

But that's a fairly accurate statement of how the car looks & what peoples reactions are at dinner parties.

I guess if you aren't a confident person, need the blessing of your peers or allow labels to define you then you shouldn't drive a Skoda.

seangti
16-11-2009, 04:35 PM
But that's a fairly accurate statement of how the car looks & what peoples reactions are at dinner parties.

I guess if you aren't a confident person, need the blessing of your peers or allow labels to define you then you shouldn't drive a Skoda.

Agree with you Brad - time will be the greatest indicator of the quality/reliability and everyone else will have to accept sour grapes should/when they prove themselves worthy. There's a tidy yellow wagon getting around on the southside I had a bit of envy of. Plain yet clean looks, some sportiness and a wagon.

I think over time, the rate of depreciation will be the best way of proving their value.

brad
16-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Gave Rajman a small serve just for the fun of it.

K1W1
17-11-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2009skodaoctaviarswagon049-1.jpg

I'm annoyed to see that the manual has no steering wheel controls for audio,etc.
I was told that they would in Australia and that the only difference was going to be that the DSG had the flappy paddles.

gregozedobe
17-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm annoyed to see that the manual has no steering wheel controls for audio,etc.
I was told that they would in Australia and that the only difference was going to be that the DSG had the flappy paddles.

Probably the most constructive thing you can do with your annoyance is to let Skoda Australia know what you think of their choice for that particualr specification.

woofy
17-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Whats annoying was in the pre facelift one like I have, there are the two panels there clearly for the steering wheel controls. Why they didn't put them in I'll never know, even base model cheapie cars have them these days. At least the new ones don't taunt you daily by having the panels there.

TuNeS
17-11-2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/2009skodaoctaviarswagon049-1.jpg

agreed, but I am over that now. All the other features and performance far outweigh the lack of steering wheel controls. everyday I drive my car I just smile more :)