PDA

View Full Version : Question re the install of rvc in passat cc

plasmod3
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
The dealer is strong arming me & will not let me get the rvc without the rns 510 (am thinking of retrofitting the rns later to avoid lct etcetc) how easy is it to get someone to fit in the rvc later? i can get the rvc part from kufatec

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1325_Rear-View-Camera---Retrofit---VW-Passat-CC.html

I am thinking it is possible since ppl can upgrade they hu units & add in rvcs at the same time. Any recommendations on who might be able to do a good job when i receive my car? thanks in advance:)

btw i have decided on getting the 729d bluetooth thanks to the excellent info on this forum & also a special thanks to swallowtail:)

Swallowtail
08-11-2009, 12:28 AM
RVC can be retro-fitted to a CC with the Kufatec kit, and it is the VW controller, not the dodgy kufatec one. As to what is involved in doing it - who knows. If you get one I'd be interested to know how it goes in... and trust me, the pain in retro-fitting will far outweigh LCT. It is a big job I believe.

And thanks for the thanks... :)

Leagle
08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Don't you hate luxury tax lol?!

plasmod3
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
yup definitely a pain in you know what. 33% tax is quite a bit but it got finally all sorted out though which is good. Apparently my car is my on the line yet but soon to be, Leagle, have you found out where your car is atm? have a look btw at the skoda 9w3 bluetooth kit; great piece of kit that will work with voice control on the rns. just got it for around 450 with the exchange rate where it is atm.