PDA

View Full Version : Mods for 1.8TSi 7 spd DSG

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
07-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi All,

What mods can be made to the 1.8tsi and how much more power output can the 7 speed handle over and above 118kw and 250nm.

Someone asked me and i wasn;t sure other than the 7 speed being dry clutch had peak torque restrictions

mrpayne
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Ummmm...it is a 1.4L.....

Tick
07-11-2009, 07:38 PM

Surely you are not a dealer with comments like that. :eek::google:

woofy
07-11-2009, 08:10 PM
MrPayne...you aren't the VIC MrPayne are you?

gregozedobe
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM

AFAIK the 118kw engine in Skoda Octavias and Superbs is still the 1.8 litre engine (which is also fitted to some Audis), and is a totally different engine to the 118Kw 1.4 litre super and turbo-charged engine fitted to Golf 6s.

Unless Skoda have made a dramatic, unanounced change recently :rolleyes:

Sharkie
08-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Skoda and Audi uses a 1.8TSI engine ...... this is the engine IMO that should be used instead of the 1.4 by VW anyway ..... :confused:

APR has chip for it .... about 140kw/300NM .... speak to Guy http://www.goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_trans.html

No issues with the DSG or any other component ....

MrPayne maybe its time to do a bit of a readup on (other) VAG products ..... :confused:

mrpayne
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Whoops. I (obviously) though he was referring to the Golf engine.

Apologies Sales @ Mentone Skoda.

mrpayne
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
MrPayne...you aren't the VIC MrPayne are you?

Nope, QLD'er through and through.

brad
08-11-2009, 04:50 PM

Really?:rolleyes:

Suggest you check brochure. It's a 1.8L with just a turbo no supercharger. Different family of engines to the 1.4TSI.
TSI no longer stands for Twin Supercharger induction/injection but Turbo Stratified Injection

To the OP:
The 250Nm limit on the gearbox is an arbritary figure rather than a limit. The design limit is much higher.

Revo, GIAC & Bluefin all do remaps with varying output claims.
On a remapped manual 1.8TSI you'll claw back 2 seconds in a 3rd gear 40-120kmh sprint (and laugh all the way) taking just under 9 seconds after the remap.
80-120 in 3rd will take 4.5secs - this is quicker than a Porsche Boxter S in the same gear.

Remap is best bang for buck - anything else is just fiddling around the edges.

Tick
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey Brad, I can only imagine the difference the tune has made. Going by the numbers provided on their website your 1.8 is putting out more torque than a tuned 2.0 TFSI. In gear acceleration must be awesome. Good tune, good results at a reasonable price = :eclipsee_steering:

Nick

Two Dogs
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
What's with everyone taking pot shots at Sales @ Mentone ?

Is there something I'm not aware of ?

This is at least the second time he's been shot at from the hip this week, let's show a bit of respect to him, just as we all would hope to treated.

If nothing else it provides an insight to the other side of the counter. Who knows if his hide is thick enough he may hang around, learn some consumer thoughts from us and fix a few things. Alternately if he keeps on getting flamed he may just figger we are all whingers and screw us over instead just for ****s and giggles.

Two Dogs

brad
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey Brad, I can only imagine the difference the tune has made. Going by the numbers provided on their website your 1.8 is putting out more torque than a tuned 2.0 TFSI. In gear acceleration must be awesome. Good tune, good results at a reasonable price = :eclipsee_steering:

Nick

My car with a tune? You must be mistaken. It's dead stock:emo_baghead:

brad
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
What's with everyone taking pot shots at Sales @ Mentone ?

Is there something I'm not aware of ?

This is at least the second time he's been shot at from the hip this week, let's show a bit of respect to him, just as we all would hope to treated.

If nothing else it provides an insight to the other side of the counter. Who knows if his hide is thick enough he may hang around, learn some consumer thoughts from us and fix a few things. Alternately if he keeps on getting flamed he may just figger we are all whingers and screw us over instead just for ****s and giggles.

Two Dogs

:confused: No potshots at Sales@Mentone. He asked a fair question.

We were having a slight go at MrPayne, who sells VW and mistakenly thought a 118kw VW = 118kw Skoda.

Anywho - Mr Payne & Mentone are both most welcome IMO. Apologies if I caused any offence.

mrpayne
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I think I kind of set myself up for a fall there lol.

Also, we are car salesman, we do have thick skin, and it takes a fair bit to cause offence.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, admittedly i was under the impression that the 7 speed was limited in its capacity and that the 300nm figures would be unimaginable so its good to heear that Octy customers have some options in mods.

Thanks two dogs for your comments, i do understand thouigh that its can be a little hard for some forum loyalists to accept salesman given the fact that they can almost always run rings around us with the knowledge base, and in my case they could easily do so.

As i have sai in the past this is a learning curve for me and my motives for posting are entirely selfish, i want to learn as much from these guys as i can. In return i am happy to take any well deserved slap in the face just as long as it doesn't get personal.

gregozedobe
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
What mods can be made to the 1.8tsi and how much more power output can the 7 speed handle over and above 118kw and 250nm.

According to some Skoda Importers/distributors, the answer to the first part of the question is: "Quite a lot" ;)

http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/wow-1-8-tsi-octavia-200-hp-original-skoda/161283/