PDA

View Full Version : GTi iPhone Applications

MaccaTSI
23-10-2009, 02:38 PM
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/10/real-racing-goes-free-with-a-volkswagen-sponsored-version/

Real Racing Goes Free With A Volkswagen Sponsored Version

Before today, there was no good way of giving Firemint’s Real Racing a try without having to fork over $6.99. *But thanks to a sponsorship by Volkswagen, Firemint is now offering a lite version of their popular racing game in the form of Real Racing GTI.

Real Racing GTI is the only free version of Real Racing available in the App Store. *It is being sponsored by Volkswagen to introduce their all-new 2010 GTI, so now you can test drive their new car without having to head to your local dealer. *Isn’t marketing great?

Real Racing GTI features three tracks, three game modes, and six all-new 2010 GTI sport hatchbacks. *The three game modes are: Quick Race, Time Trial, and Career. *Quick Race pits you against five other cars on a single track; Time Trial allows you to submit your best time on one track to compare yourself against the rest of the world; and Career has you racing against AI controlled opponents across three tracks, so the only way to race on the other two tracks is to participate in Career mode.

Of course this wouldn’t be a sponsored game without a little bit of advertising in the form of a Showroom. *The Showroom is accessible via the main menu and it allows you to view a 3D model of the all-new 2010 GTI. *The 3D model has markers on it that allow you to zoom in and view the vehicle’s features. *The Showroom also contains GTI statistics, access to leader boards, and the ability to find a local Volkswagen dealer.

If you have been itching to give Real Racing a try, Real Racing GTI is definitely the way to go.
Related Posts

Keep Tabs On Your Fantasy Football Team With Yahoo!’s New iPhone And iPod Touch App
Real Racing v1.01 Update Now Available
iPhone 3GS Real Racing Tech Demo Video - 40 Cars On-Screen
Real Racing 1.1 Submitted, Includes Bug Fixes And More
Real Racing Gets The Green Light, Available Tomorrow
Original story by AppAdvice.com | Real Racing Goes Free With A Volkswagen Sponsored Version

aeon
23-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Sweet - will download when I get home - too big for 3g download.

Gav23
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Has anybody else downloaded the GTi game on their iPhone? VW licensed a racing game from Firemint, which allows you to download a free smaller version of the Firemint racing game, where you can race the GTi.

You can also download a GTi speedo. Basically it just tells you what speed you are doing (have to be going over 20KM for it to work). It also shows the exterior/interior of the Mk6 GTi, where you can press the accelerator - sounds great! :P

(I found both app's by typing "GTI" in the 'Search' area of the App store)

Lima
06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Then you should have typed "GTI" into your thread heading! :stickpoke:

thestu
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeh it's not bad at all! If you jail break you iPhone there are some new gti themes hat came out today! It shows mk1 to mk6 tis pretty cool! There are also some r32 ones :) and if you guys haven't got it already get tapa talk :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaccaTSI
06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
The GTI racing is pretty good.

Good call on tapatalk!! I like it : )

geojack555
13-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I had downloaded the lite version. It is good. The only issue I found is that the game is bit sluggish and I think it is beacuse I am using a 3G iphone and not the new 3Gs

Ollie
25-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Best time for me was 01:10.417 Good Game

STV4SYT
25-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Also try out PocketDyno.

Not GTI specific but good fun all the same.