PDA

View Full Version : difference with AGU and AWP turbo inlet hose

gpk_gti
13-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Anyone know the difference between the AVC - APH - AJQ - AGU - ATC and AWW - AWD - AWP - AUM - APP - AWU - AUQ turbo inlet Hose???
Thinking of ordering a forge turbo inlet hose(actually I have just think ive ordered wrong one!:mad: !)
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=1703&product=FMGOLFIND
thanks guys!!

h100vw
13-02-2007, 06:11 PM
You need to get the one listed for your engine as VW moved the DV and some of the other connections about.

GAvin

william
13-02-2007, 06:17 PM
go to robbos for cooler clamps the standard ones are rubbish. My mates rs6 blow the pipes off three times before geting the robbos performance clamps, they look better, hold tension better and are cheap 3 dollars each.

gpk_gti
13-02-2007, 06:38 PM
so am I to understand that basically its the same just bits have been moved???

h100vw
13-02-2007, 06:40 PM
so am I to understand that basically its the same just bits have been moved???

Yeah and no. Later cars have additional and different sized takeoffs. You need to get the right one for your car.

Gavin

fuzion
13-02-2007, 07:11 PM
my 02 model is a AGU. just on the left side near the rad bottle you can see an imprint of what it is if im right..

i just chucked my forge tip in yesterday actually, i advise if you dont know what your doing set aside a day for it. check vortex faq for instructions, much easier that way around.

think will be bringing more Forge TIPs next month, along with other branded TIP's as well. 10-25% off rrp too.

h100vw
13-02-2007, 08:09 PM
The engine code will be on the sticker in the service book or on the head I think, front left corner, you might have to take the cover off. If it has a cable throttle on drive by wire it's highly likely that it is an AGU.

I don't think it's an all day job but certainly not a walk in the park either. Mine was a bitch to fit and even though it should have fitted the AGU it didn't fit perfectly and I had to do a bit of modification to the DV takeoff.

Gavin

gpk_gti
13-02-2007, 08:10 PM
its a agu,,i know,,just ordered the wrong pipe(i hope not) thats all,will just have to wait and see.

fuzion
14-02-2007, 03:56 PM
doesnt matter, you can just block off the extra hole.

gpk_gti
14-02-2007, 06:14 PM
thanks mate,,,thats what I wanted to know:)