PDA

View Full Version : MkVI Coding

coastie
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Some of the VCDS programs and methods which work for earlier models do not work for the Mk VI as the coding seems different.

Things like the control module 46 for Convenience settings is now included in control module 09 Central Elec.

When I try to do some of the coding listed on other sites it leads to different pathways or the information I obtain looks different to the screen shots captured on the those sites for the earlier models.

Is it just a case of waiting for the newer coding tips to eventually be discovered?

Cam
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I believe the next release of VCDS will include MKVI label support. According to one of the Ross-Tech guys on vortex anyway.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4579893
:cool:

Not sure when its going to be released, probably not too far away though. There is some more info in the above thread if you're interested.

logger
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Is it just a case of waiting for the newer coding tips to eventually be discovered? Yes I think so, just a matter of waiting a while. Discovered or equivalents to known coding need to be worked out.

I believe the next release of VCDS will include MKVI label support. Actually the 908.1 version that came out about a week ago already added a label for the MKVI ABS module which was good, but still not any coding for it. I reckon it will be a while before much coding becomes available for the newer control modules, but no doubt it will come in time.
Ross-Tech checked out the DSG7 label file that I created from scratch @ DSG7 0AM Vag Com Data Logs (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=36524) and have said they will be using it in their next VCDS release. I actually dug up more info than they presently have!! So that was a nice reward for all that head scratching and jacking up and spinning wheels while working out what field measures what. Eventually they will do their own though and it will be heaps better.

coastie
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Yes I think Uwe Ross' post is very relevant on vortex this is where I found out about function 46 as well as not being able to find it with VCDS.

"Please refrain from extrapolating Mk.4 wisdom to newer cars. The Mk.5 does have that capability. Whether the Mk.6 does remains to be determined. The BCM (which combines the functions of 46 and 09 into 09) is not well documented at this time, not even in the factory scan tools.
You guys with 2010 models with the all-in-one BCM at address 09, please be patient. Also, please do NOT try enabling random bits, there are some reports that making random changes to the coding in these modules has undesirable and irreversible effects."

-Uwe-

Congrats logger your work will be of assistance to many for years to come. I don't have the confidence to alter things at the moment but it will come with familiarity of the program.

Transporter
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes I think so, just a matter of waiting a while. Discovered or equivalents to known coding need to be worked out.
Actually the 908.1 version that came out about a week ago already added a label for the MKVI ABS module which was good, but still not any coding for it. I reckon it will be a while before much coding becomes available for the newer control modules, but no doubt it will come in time.
Ross-Tech checked out the DSG7 label file that I created from scratch @ DSG7 0AM Vag Com Data Logs (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=36524) and have said they will be using it in their next VCDS release. I actually dug up more info than they presently have!! So that was a nice reward for all that head scratching and jacking up and spinning wheels while working out what field measures what. Eventually they will do their own though and it will be heaps better.

Don't put your work down, mate.

I saved your data to my PC as well, you've done fantastic job.
Good on you logger.

logger
04-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks for that. Will have some more DSG7 stuff up real soon as I have not been idle.