PDA

View Full Version : octavia a/c and temp service adjustment?

nyc863
30-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know anything about adjustment of the A/C ? I've two minor issues so far. The first is the external temp reads a bit high. For example, it reads 25 degrees C when I think the temp is more like 21 or 22. This whether stopped or in motion.

The second is that the A/C doesn't fight hard enough on Auto to reach the desired inside temp. So if you set the "dual" controls to 22 or 20, it feels more like 24 in the car, and the fan is controlled to be quite low maybe two lights lit. But if I turn down the A/C to max cold, the fan goes high and the interior temp does come down. So I don't really understand why it isn't trying harder to hit the target set on the dial.

woofy
30-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I have an RS and find the outside temp is most of the time higher if its hot. I put it down to the same problem people used to see with the Mazda 6. In my normal 6 the temp was bang on and the sensor was in the air intake, same place in the MPS but the recirculated turbo air was hotter and made the sensor read higher. I've assumed that is the case with Skodas, but never actually asked where the sensor is.

Graybags
30-10-2009, 09:27 PM
The second is that the A/C doesn't fight hard enough on Auto to reach the desired inside temp. So if you set the "dual" controls to 22 or 20, it feels more like 24 in the car, and the fan is controlled to be quite low maybe two lights lit. But if I turn down the A/C to max cold, the fan goes high and the interior temp does come down. So I don't really understand why it isn't trying harder to hit the target set on the dial.

Have you tried pushing ""AUTO"" again? I remember reading the manual about there being two speeds.
-Gt