PDA

View Full Version : Missing Low Tyre Pressure Button

Mutley251
28-10-2009, 10:06 PM
A friend and I both picked up new cars in the past couple of weeks. Almost identical specs and both with a sports pack. His is a DSG, mine is manual. He has the low tyre pressure button in the button bank in the centre console. I don't have this button.

Any ideas?

Corey_R
28-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Check in the glove box. I've heard that it may have moved to there.
It's probably because with the latest Golf's there is so many options which could require a button in the centre console bank, that they've decided to just move the tire pressure button, which is rarely used, to the glove box.

Mutley251
29-10-2009, 12:26 PM
No, nothing in the glove box.

Corey_R
29-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Hmmm... I'd be asking the dealer then. It would either be in the glove box in the upper-right-hand corner, or on the centre console. I haven't heard of it being anywhere else.

logger
29-10-2009, 01:52 PM
One other very unlikely place to check is in the MFD menus. Given it is a button that you rarely need to press, there is no reason for it to be in reach. VW could just move it in there to the electronic menus. Apart from the missing switch the same ABS Controller & instrument WRNG light cluster is fitted to cars with and without the system activated.

Mutley251
29-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Gee that is what happens when you take a boy look! Found it in the corner of the glove box, but it doesn't do anything. It just seems to be a loose button. Kind of ironic, I think it was making the small rattle from that area of the car.

logger
29-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Glad you found it. It's not supposed to do anything when pressed so sounds like it is working fine. The manual should explain how to press it along with I think the ESP button for perhaps >5 sec to reset/calibrate the TPWS.

thamwk
29-10-2009, 03:30 PM
you usually press it for about 2 seconds after which you should hear a beep to confirm that the new pressure has been accepted.

logger
29-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Nup, with this particular Warning system it is nothing to do with tyre pressure. The button resets something in the Antiskid module. I am sure someone else can explain.

thamwk
29-10-2009, 03:41 PM
no doubt, though to normal people like myself it's just to tell us that if the pressure is low, you get a warning :)

Corey_R
29-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Basically as your tyre pressure increases, so does the circumference of your tyre. The reverse of that is, as your tyre pressure decreases, the circumference of your tyre decreases. Due to this fact, the TPWS simply uses the same systems used by ABS. If one wheel starts losing pressure, it will need to rotate more to travel the same distance as all the other wheels, and the ABS sensors will detect that and the TPWS will go off.

russ83
14-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm baffled, cannot turn the warning lamp off...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/3-3.jpg
I have inflated the tyre which was a little flat, may have a puncture... Now to turn off the warning lamp...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/2-5.jpg
Consult owners manual... Ah, there is the switch...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/1-6.jpg
Hmmmm...

Does everyone have this switch in their cars?

Brendan_A
14-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Open your glove box and the button is on the right hand side on the roof of the glove box.