PDA

View Full Version : Test Drove the GTI

geralis32
28-10-2009, 02:26 PM
hey all just letting you know i went down to Vdubb n asked for a test drive of the mk6 git, coming from a r32, the car was a dream to drive, felt a lot stiffer and noticeably lighter than my car, also got to love the power is much lower in the revs feeling it around 3000 in the manual car

windmagnet
29-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Drove a silver manual with no options yesterday. Not much to add to the reviews out there aready. Key impressions:

Big smiles after the drive - this is still a fun car.

Silver looks pretty tame in the flesh, particularly side on with 17" wheels.

Jackie fabric on seats is a bit nylonish - tartan not my thing and prefer fabric on the lower model Golfs. Seats are very supportive although fatties will struggle to squeeze into the seats as side bolsters are reasonably snug.

Dash looks better in the flesh than in photos. Significant improvement on MarkV.

Gearbox is great. Shifter position and spring loading is perfect for rapid shifts.

MFD has shift indicator that wants you to keep revs below 2000 rpm. Good for economy but not much point in a car like a GTI. Wanted me to be in 6th at 60 km/hr.

Ride is pretty firm. Car cornered on rails but got a bit unsettled accelerating in a straight line over rougher road surfaces.

Did not find the steering too light, unlike some reviews.

Engine is too quiet - suppose nothing would do after driving the R32.

My Candy White is here and is going through pre-delivery. I was told no cars can be released to customers until the official launch on Saturday. Hope to get mine sometime next week. Might not be much work getting done.:banana:

Hail
29-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Lucky.... I gotta wait till December. Oh well waited almost 3 months, whats another 5 weeks.

roy
29-10-2009, 10:53 AM
hi there, where can i find the reviews?
i just saw the one on http://www.themotorreport.com.au

Yevvy
29-10-2009, 11:13 AM

:google:....http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=mk6+golf+gti+review&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=1&oq=mk6+golf+gt&fp=7908058661f9097e

Lima
29-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Try drive.com.au, goauto.com.au and eventually caradvice.com.au will have something up, if they don't already.

Umai Naa!!
29-10-2009, 07:49 PM
I came to pretty similar conclusions as you guys.

I only got to drive them in the wet, but the handling was barely compromised at all. I gave the manual one a rather spirited launch off the line, and the thing was breaking traction at the top of third gear. Nice.

cme2c
30-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I came to pretty similar conclusions as you guys.

I only got to drive them in the wet, but the handling was barely compromised at all. I gave the manual one a rather spirited launch off the line, and the thing was breaking traction at the top of third gear. Nice.

I had tyres like that once....:P

DeanoTDI
30-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Dropped into the Sutherland (NSW) dealer this arvo, and they had a black, red and silver GTI on display. A red GTI was already registered, (presumably owned by one of the sales people as it had a mobile phone etc in it) and looked like he had just been given it. They did say drop back in tomorrow for the Launch (which I will do seeing as its on the way to work). There was a another red one over in their storage yard.

Gav23
30-10-2009, 09:03 PM
They did say drop back in tomorrow for the Launch (which I will do seeing as its on the way to work).

What actually happens at the "Launch"? And will this be at all VW outlets?

aeon
30-10-2009, 11:48 PM
They have a Silver 5 Door DSG with 17's at the Dealer up here, with a big sticker on the door "New GTI"... can't wait to test drive it tomorrow!

cme2c
31-10-2009, 10:06 AM

I'll post when I get home. Should be at all dealers.

pinzvidz
31-10-2009, 10:55 AM
What actually happens at the "Launch"?

Hopefully none of those dodgy hessian fences have been put up. Sausage sizzles, jumping castles, test drives, quick appraisals, presentations by some big fat bloke on a PA, etc. etc.

I hate launch days. Sorry to be slightly off topic, I'm not looking forward to the NG Prado one at the Toyota dealership I work for. Think lots of 4WD bogans and wannabes.

I guess the GTI ones today will attract (hopefully) a classier crowd.

Tim
31-10-2009, 10:59 AM
I guess the GTI ones today will attract (hopefully) a classier crowd.

The GTI launches will attract excessively anal IT geek types! I think id prefer to hang out with bogans :P

Umai Naa!!
31-10-2009, 01:34 PM
No launch at our work when I popped in this morning. I don't even think the VW salesman was there.

aeon
31-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Test drove a base model DSG GTI today - drove pretty awesomely, though I couldn't quite get the right driving position, everything is adjustable, but I guess I'm used to the driving position in my old slow car.

I did find the seat to be both comfortable and a bit odd at the same time - nicely bolstered, but I didn't feel like my back could relax into it very well.

Other than that though, drove nicely, seemed to have relatively low road noise level in the cabin, and the DSG worked quite nicely (didn't like the twin clutch on the ralliart lancer, nor the DSG on the 118TSI). Definitely has a lot of fun poke - I only managed one corner at decent speed/angle, but that felt awesome and I wanted to keep driving a bit crazily after that!

cme2c
31-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Nothing. They had 3, white, red and black, all 5 door DSG the black with leather and a SOLD sign on it. The red one was next to a 103TDI and frankly did not look "special" enough IMHO,not like the MKV where the GTI looked so much different to the base models. Drove the white one. Love the wheel and the paddles. Prefer the T-Bar in my wife's 118TSI to the knobby gear selector thing. Glad I paid the extra for Dynaudio with the RNS 510 (the GTI didn't have it)

The GTI is a much sharper tool than the Comfortline. Better exhaust noise too. Turn in is much sharper, without much deterioration in ride. Definitely on my shopping list for next year.

Flipper Dog
31-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Nothing. They had 3, white, red and black, all 5 door DSG the black with leather and a SOLD sign on it. The red one was next to a 103TDI and frankly did not look "special" enough IMHO,not like the MKV where the GTI looked so much different to the base models. Drove the white one. Love the wheel and the paddles. Prefer the T-Bar in my wife's 118TSI to the knobby gear selector thing. Glad I paid the extra for Dynaudio with the RNS 510 (the GTI didn't have it)

The GTI is a much sharper tool than the Comfortline. Better exhaust noise too. Turn in is much sharper, without much deterioration in ride. Definitely on my shopping list for next year.

cme2c,
how much difference was the GTI over your 118TSI? Yeah handling etc but (apart from the seats) what did the GTI have to offer over the 118TSI sitting in it as a daily driver.
We are in the market for an update now for a daily driver and value for money the 118 TSI Comfortline is just under 10 grand better off.

Cam
31-10-2009, 08:19 PM
The GTI launches will attract excessively anal IT geek types! I think id prefer to hang out with bogans :P

Lol...IT geeks aren't all bad.
:P

I'm still on Green P's so I can't test drive the new GTI. I'd like to though.
Although I'd have to say I think I'm more excited about the GTD. I wasn't too keen on the look at first but I was watching a few youtube videos this morning of it driving and its grown on me.
:wiggle:

And yes I work in IT btw lol.
:dork:

MovieDude
31-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry to be slightly off topic, I'm not looking forward to the NG Prado one at the Toyota dealership I work for. Think lots of 4WD bogans and wannabes.

And overweight mums who think a 4WD are a necessity because they have 2 children.

Splashalot
31-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I did find the seat to be both comfortable and a bit odd at the same time - nicely bolstered, but I didn't feel like my back could relax into it very well.

!

I had the same issue today in the Mk6 GTI. For me it was those stupid forward angled headrests which prevent me from settling back into the seat properly. If I do, the headrest pushes my chin onto my chest! The Mk5 seats are better for me.

I wish the headrests were adjustable fore and aft as well as up and down.

Rocket
31-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Test drove today at barloworld. They have a registered black 5dr Dsg standard and an unregistered 5dr black manual. Drove both, back to back, Dsg first. Goes quite nice, very quiet inside. The dsg I did find a bit jerky to be honest. Tried in D, S and tiptronic. The delay in changing gear in tiptronic is slightly longer than expected. The general shifts were not as smooth as I had hoped. I haven't driven a dsg before either. I wanted to drive the manual to compare. The manual was absolutely beautiful. Silky smooth, low clutch point for very quick pick up, and the torque in the engine made for very smooth shifts. When I order, unfortunately it will be in the manual.

In regards to other points, stock 17's don't look to small in the flesh. Factory fitted privacy glass is dark. Rcd 510 is usable, not beautiful. Driving position was good, rear vision is obstructed by the headrests, no biggy but it's there. Throw on the manual box is a bit long... No actually it's probably just the stick that feels quite long. Not a fan of the manual gear knob... Looks like a toy.

But all in all a nice drive. Go's where it's pointed, quickly and smoothly. Want to see a three door next

cme2c
01-11-2009, 10:33 AM
cme2c,
how much difference was the GTI over your 118TSI? Yeah handling etc but (apart from the seats) what did the GTI have to offer over the 118TSI sitting in it as a daily driver.
We are in the market for an update now for a daily driver and value for money the 118 TSI Comfortline is just under 10 grand better off.

Not ten grand in my opinion. Day to day performance is not that much different, the GTI wouldn't be as economical, cost more to insure and I find the comfortline seats, well, comfortable. The 118TSI is an 8 second 0-100km/hr car as it is (faster than the GTD for example) and more than capable in Sydney traffic and on the expressway.

My 118TSI also has the standard wheel/ tyre package and no ACC as it is my wife's car and we bought it for comfort. If the handling in the 118TSI isn't sharp enough for you, you have sports pack and ACC on the options list.

I am a bit biased as my daily driver is a Peugeot 206GTI. This has much sharper turn in than the 118TSI, but at the cost of ride quality. Compared to just about any car of its type, the 118TSI is miles ahead.

In a nutshell? save the money.

cme2c
01-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I had the same issue today in the Mk6 GTI. For me it was those stupid forward angled headrests which prevent me from settling back into the seat properly. If I do, the headrest pushes my chin onto my chest! The Mk5 seats are better for me.

I's part of the whiplash protection. The shape of the headrest is such that if you adjust them higher, your head can move further back. Similar idea in the Comfortline, took a little while to adjust the headrests correctly.

Lima
01-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I had a bit of a go in the Mk6 GTI yesterday, too. (http://www.ausmotive.com/2009/11/01/drive-thru-volkswagen-golf-gti.html)

:driver:

Kwoka
01-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Was planning to test drive it this weekend but didn't have the time. Was wondering if anyone who went for a test drive how long the wait the delivery of the car will be if i order one?

Lima
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Should be around the usual four months, give or take a week or two. Although, the longer you leave it the quicker the build spots are likely to fill.

Kwoka
01-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. 4 months isn't as bad as i would've thought. But yeah i guess i better get in there quick..

aeon
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Did anyone else experience this - this is almost a deal breaker for me - might have to go down and test drive/sit in the car again...

Splashalot
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Did anyone else experience this - this is almost a deal breaker for me - might have to go down and test drive/sit in the car again...

Ditto for me - it's definitely a deal breaker. If I can't find an acceptible position for the headrests (as per Cme2c's instructions) I won't be buying the Mk6.

pologti18t
03-11-2009, 06:46 AM
I drove one for 20+mins and never noticed that. Who drives round (in normal conditions) with their head on the headrest anyway? :confused:

aeon
03-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't actually drive around with my head on the headrest... but this is what I've worked out what may be happening - the headrests obviously do protude forward from the seat... to counter this you can adjust the seat to be at more of angle, however I don't like driving like this, I prefer being fairly straight up (without being ridiculously vertical), and with my body size/shape (an average to skinny 5'9), sitting in a "normal" position for me had the headrest hitting the back of my head (when usually there is a few cm gap).

Will go in again and see if my suspicions are matched! On more though this IS a deal breaker for me - can't spend nearly $50k on a car and be unhappy about the seats!

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 07:07 AM
I think as others have suggested, you need to lift the head restraints up. I'm 5'10", and even in the old GTI someone my height was supposed to lift the head restraints up a good 2-3". Give it a go and I think you'll find that you will be comfortable again :)

erko
03-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I drove one for 20+mins and never noticed that.

same. I didnt notice.

Lima
03-11-2009, 08:15 AM
I think as others have suggested, you need to lift the head restraints up. I'm 5'10", and even in the old GTI someone my height was supposed to lift the head restraints up a good 2-3". Give it a go and I think you'll find that you will be comfortable again :)

I'm 5'8" and need to lift the headrest. For them to actually do their job the top of the headrest needs to be in line with your eyes, if not a tiny bit higher.

No point having a headrest in your car if it can't support your head in event of an accident.

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
same. I didnt notice.

Maybe it's cause other some dealers leave the head restraints all the way down, so it joins with the body of the seat and looks 'cooler' or something. Whereas almost no one who could actually see over the steering wheel would seriously have the restraints that low! hehe

Hail
03-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Im 6'0" and I didnt have any problems with the chair, I thought it was awesome.

cme2c
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm 5'8" and need to lift the headrest. For them to actually do their job the top of the headrest needs to be in line with your eyes, if not a tiny bit higher.

No point having a headrest in your car if it can't support your head in event of an accident.

According to the manual (and it worked for me) the top of the headrest needs to be level with the top of your head. I find the headrests just as comfortable as the up-down/backward-forward headrests in my Peugeot.

Ozram
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
According to the manual (and it worked for me) the top of the headrest needs to be level with the top of your head. I find the headrests just as comfortable as the up-down/backward-forward headrests in my Peugeot.

Got to agree. I find the headrests really comfortable and I'm 5-10". I have the seat adjusted fairly straight as I have a bad back. The headrest does not impeded normal driving but is only an inch or so back should I feel like resting against it.

aeon
03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok went for another test drive - headrest wasn't it at all - perfectly fine actually, even lowered to normal level, and made higher it didn't matter too much, it was all good.

It seems my issue with the seats is other stuff, namely: the bottom seat is a bit too long; the incline is a bit too much (ie, it pushes your knees to be higher than your bum); the back is quite firm...

I kept playing with all sorts of adjustments, seat height, back incline, fiddling with lumber support, distance to the steering wheel, and steering wheel position... and I managed to get it feeling not too bad, but still couldn't seem to really "relax" into the seat. I think it's just that I'm not used to such well bolstered/supportive seats, and not used to sitting in a more "correct" position! :)

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I kept playing with all sorts of adjustments, seat height, back incline, fiddling with lumber support, distance to the steering wheel, and steering wheel position... and I managed to get it feeling not too bad, but still couldn't seem to really "relax" into the seat. I think it's just that I'm not used to such well bolstered/supportive seats, and not used to sitting in a more "correct" position! :)
Yeah - I went from a Toyota Echo Sportivo to a Golf GTI and found it really hard to get used to the seats. After a while I found that 'raising' the base of the seat actually lifts the back slightly more than the front to give a better balance between hip and knee height. I then had the backrest is a more upright position and then experimented with the lumbar support a lot.
But once I had it right, MAN was it right! I literally drove 11 hours from Sydney to Brisbane with only a single 30 minute stop for bathroom/fuel/food stop, and still felt fresh another after that to go out with my friends when I arrived :)

Splashalot
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't actually drive around with my head on the headrest... but this is what I've worked out what may be happening - the headrests obviously do protude forward from the seat... to counter this you can adjust the seat to be at more of angle, however I don't like driving like this, I prefer being fairly straight up (without being ridiculously vertical), and with my body size/shape (an average to skinny 5'9), sitting in a "normal" position for me had the headrest hitting the back of my head (when usually there is a few cm gap).

Will go in again and see if my suspicions are matched! On more though this IS a deal breaker for me - can't spend nearly $50k on a car and be unhappy about the seats!

Exactly the same here - I'm the same height and also slim. With the backrest in my preferred reasonably upright position (but not ridiculously so) the headrest actually pushes my head forward uncomfortably. The only way to keep my head clear is to slouch in the seat and curl my upper body forward so my back & shoulders aren't in the seat. Very uncomfortable, I can assure you. I suspect it's mostly slim people who have the issues.

I realise we're all different shapes and sizes, but all it would to fix this problem is fore-aft adjustment of the headrests, like many other VAG cars already have. Geez, even my old 1991Toyota Corolla had 4-way adjustable headrests. :eek:

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm slim as well, and taller... so again I ask the question, did you raise the headrest?

Cause Splashalot if you read this thread careful, aeon, who you quoted, has since gone back and looked again and realised that there is no issue with the headrest.

Splashalot
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=coreying;411340]I'm slim as well, and taller... so again I ask the question, did you raise the headrest?

QUOTE]

Yes - I was at the dealer yesterday buying oil so took the opportunity. I raised the headrest as high as it would go, and it made not a skerrik of difference. I tried every headrest position between fully down to fully extended and still they pushed my head forward uncomfortably unless I sat forward out of the seat. Good luck to aeon - I'm glad the seats fit him, but they sure as hell don't fit me. :frown:

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Hmmm.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/11/112_0906_05z2010_volkswagen_GTIfront_sea-1.jpg
They tilt forward slightly towards the top, but at the base they're flush with the seat, like many other headrests, including the MK5. Since you are relatively short, I simply don't understand how your head could be even touching the headrest in a 'normal driving position' unless your leaning your head back. Raising the headrests higher only moves the angled portion further up away from where your head should be. But I guess everyone is built differently, so I'll leave it at that :)

Lima
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
According to the manual (and it worked for me) the top of the headrest needs to be level with the top of your head...

Yep, that sounds more like it (and makes more sense, too!).

aeon
03-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Yup I tried it both with the top of the headrest in line with the top of my head, as well as in line with my eyes (which is pretty much how it is in the lowest position anyways)... glad the headrest issues have gone away, though now I have to ponder about the "comfort" of the seats in general. When I was adjusting it heaps today, I kinda wished it had electric adjustments, though I'm not willing to pay for those. :p

Corey_R
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
To me it's like the BMW 'Comfort seats' vs 'Sports seats'. The comfort seats are basic in design and probably fit most people quite easily in their 'neutral' position. The sports seats have adjustments all over the place (the regular stuff the GTI has, plus bolster inflation, base length and base tilt). If you take the time though, the sports seats are more comfortable than the comfort seats... plus they'll hold you when you're doing 80km around a corner which is sign posted for 40km ;)
The VW GTI Sports seats, although not quite as flexible as the BMW ones, are much the same. A bit fiddly, but once you've got it right, they're great. Everyone is built differently, so I know results will be different. But spend more time with it if you need, I'm sure you'll find some way which will work!

MovieDude
03-11-2009, 11:46 PM
That picture really shows the cloth seats off well. This is the first time that I can say I would be happy with cloth seats over leather.

Frankenstrat
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
That picture really shows the cloth seats off well.
Well, yes, but they've put the steering wheel on the passenger's side! What were they thinking??? :cool:

Prodigy
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Took a 5 door DSG for a quick spin yesterday
I absolutely loved the interior, a huge jump up from my wrx.
I was pretty impressed with the performance, the dsg is great and overal felt like it would give my wrx a run for it's money in a straight line. I didn't have an opportunity to really test the cornering abilities though.
Dealer said the R will be here in May so will hang on until that arrives before i make any decisions.

MovieDude
04-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I think the MkI GTI interior would give your WRX a good run too! You have to admit that you bought the WRX for its performance and handling and had to put up with its spartan 80s interior.

anarchycamp
04-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Dealer said the R will be here in May so will hang on until that arrives before i make any decisions.

Considering the UK are getting them in February I reckon May would be unlikely..more like mid to late 2010 going on past trends.

I wouldn't wait on the R either if your keen, order soon or you might be disappointed about not getting one until mid 2011!!!!! :emo_baghead:

Prodigy
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I think the MkI GTI interior would give your WRX a good run too! You have to admit that you bought the WRX for its performance and handling and had to put up with its spartan 80s interior.

Haha very true..

Considering the UK are getting them in February I reckon May would be unlikely..more like mid to late 2010 going on past trends.

I wouldn't wait on the R either if your keen, order soon or you might be disappointed about not getting one until mid 2011!!!!! :emo_baghead:

I've had 2 dealers now quote me May/June for the R so hopefully they are pretty close. I'm not too keen on ordering something that i haven't driven yet let alone been able to get any idea of price, but i do see your point.

EndlessMKI
04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
That picture really shows the cloth seats off well. This is the first time that I can say I would be happy with cloth seats over leather.

all I can say is what were they thinking when they agreed on the MKV Perelli seats.

tread pattern!! : )

MovieDude
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
all I can say is what were they thinking when they agreed on the MKV Perelli seats.

tread pattern!! : )

I never understood the reasoning behind the Pirelli seat pattern either. It was a turn off for me.

Corey_R
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I never understood the reasoning behind the Pirelli seat pattern either. It was a turn off for me.

Well, I can understand the reasoning... afterall, it is the PIRELLI Golf. But I agree, the seat pattern, plus the fact that there were less options, were also a turn off for me :)

ENERG1
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone!

Took a mk6 gti for a test drive yesterday at VW KEDRON yes a new show room

under way there just off Gympie rd. Much closer to home as i live in Stafford

so i stopped in for a look at the new model and compare it to my mk5.Visually

i don't think it's as aggressive looking as the mk5 especially the front grille and

the side skirts which look crap.In the rear the the twin tail pipes look to small

and make the car seem like its been over done.Especially when the power

output is the same well maybe a few extra kw's. At this time i had a

salesman there and he gave me the keys and said don't come back for a half an hour didn't even come with,never experienced that before.Inside didn't like the dark trim as opposed to the silver trim in the mk5 the mfd wasn't as readible being black and not red, the dials are red and not blue and the front of the steering wheel had to many switches which made it look overdone and to busy.One thing i did like was the new touch screen for the stereo.The sound of the exhaust was a little more throatier in the mk6 which was good.The handling is alot better in the mk6 alot more flatter going around the corners hardly any body roll which i liked.I think visually I don't think it's as good as the mk5 but to drive and the way it handles it's better than the mk5.I told him i was interested in the GOLF R and he told me MARCH which made my day as well as driving the new MK6 GTI.

I got great service at VW KEDRON AND WOULD RECOMMEND THEM to anyone wanting to purchase a VW.

These are just my OPINIONS!!

Cheers, LUKE.

mos
05-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone!

Drove past the dealership last Saturday but didn't get a chance to drop in and have a test drive.

Luke did they actually have many GTIs there?

lawsy82
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone!

under way there just off Gympie rd. Much closer to home as i live in Stafford

so i stopped in for a look at the new model and compare it to my mk5.Visually

i don't think it's as aggressive looking as the mk5 especially the front grille and

the side skirts which look crap.In the rear the the twin tail pipes look to small

and make the car seem like its been over done.Especially when the power

output is the same well maybe a few extra kw's. At this time i had a

salesman there and he gave me the keys and said don't come back for a half an hour didn't even come with,never experienced that before.Inside didn't like the dark trim as opposed to the silver trim in the mk5 the mfd wasn't as readible being black and not red, the dials are red and not blue and the front of the steering wheel had to many switches which made it look overdone and to busy.One thing i did like was the new touch screen for the stereo.The sound of the exhaust was a little more throatier in the mk6 which was good.The handling is alot better in the mk6 alot more flatter going around the corners hardly any body roll which i liked.I think visually I don't think it's as good as the mk5 but to drive and the way it handles it's better than the mk5.I told him i was interested in the GOLF R and he told me MARCH which made my day as well as driving the new MK6 GTI.

I got great service at VW KEDRON AND WOULD RECOMMEND THEM to anyone wanting to purchase a VW.

These are just my OPINIONS!!

Cheers, LUKE.

Mate, what was the salesman name??

ENERG1
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Drove past the dealership last Saturday but didn't get a chance to drop in and have a test drive.

Luke did they actually have many GTIs there?

There where two mk6 Gti's in stock Both BLACK 3 AND 5 DOOR DSG,i think enough to drive one home!

And the car i test drove was a white gti with dsg.With 120km's on the clock.

ENERG1
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Mate, what was the salesman name??

The salesman name was Michael young bloke very approachable and new the ins
and outs of the car.

cheers

Luke

bmck
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM
A few weeks back I started my hunt for a Golf.

First dealer I spoke to was Michael at Kedron. Very knowlegable.

Subsequently, I visited/spoke to four other dealers and then ended up returning to Michael to order the car.

I recommend him.

Brian

PS:
Austral didn't want to know me. Couldn't even provide a car to drive.
Positive experiences at Springwood and particularly Kippa Ring

T Go
06-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Drove the Mk 6 GTI this morning....

Not much difference at all from the Mk 5 GTI (as everyone has probably noticed).
The interior is a nice upgrade though.
Suspension seems firmer, and DSG seemed abit slower to shift.. (?)

Unsure to go for a new one or a nice 2nd hand Mk 5 GTI.

....have to be manual though.. haha.

dave_r
06-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Has anyone done any back to back testing of a car with and without the ACC option? If the car isn't equipped with the ACC, what setting is the base car closest too?

Does it really make a difference? All these options really add up and it's one I don't think I could justify!

Rocket
06-11-2009, 03:41 PM
3 AND 5 DOOR DSG,

so who has seen or heard of 3 doors available and where?

T Go
06-11-2009, 04:16 PM
so who has seen or heard of 3 doors available and where?

Arent they both available from the get go?

I saw a 3dr at the dealer and a 5 or 6 5drs...

dave_r
06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Arent they both available from the get go?

I saw a 3dr at the dealer and a 5 or 6 5drs...

My dealer told me I couldn't see a 3dr until next year?

mrpayne
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
A few weeks back I started my hunt for a Golf.

First dealer I spoke to was Michael at Kedron. Very knowlegable.

Subsequently, I visited/spoke to four other dealers and then ended up returning to Michael to order the car.

I recommend him.

Brian

PS:
Austral didn't want to know me. Couldn't even provide a car to drive.
Positive experiences at Springwood and particularly Kippa Ring

Good to see you made it here Brian. A shame I couldn't find what you were looking for price wise with the Golf, but good to see you didn't end up in the Alfa.

Regards,

Mark.

MurphyTheElf
07-11-2009, 12:22 AM
My dealer told me I couldn't see a 3dr until next year?

A different dealer might have one. There is a red one at my dealer.