PDA

View Full Version : aircon controls

Rednut
26-10-2009, 11:39 AM
hey all,

recently got my heater core and aircon fixed at the mechanic. now that i have it back, it seems the knob that chooses where the air blows is not redirecting to where it should, it only stays on your face and legs. the resistance in the knob is as i remember it but i can hear the vents more or anything.
loon already said the mechanic probably broke it but is this something that is easy to check? or do i have to take the whole console apart to check it?

cheers,
Ross

karmen
26-10-2009, 08:52 PM
i HAVE SPARE BITS

MAYBE HE DISCONNECTED THE cONTROL WIRE at other end its simple if u know ..i dont atmo sorry so;
GO TO VW MECH HE SHOULD KNOW QUICKLY
i WOULD get the othr fella to sort the damage if u trust he would respond favorably.

karmen
26-10-2009, 08:55 PM
i do recall the control wire does need to be rigid and a clamp behind the control panel broke so I had to fasten the wire-outer (green conduit)so that it did not move with the pressure placed on the knob causing no response at the switch. I use liquid nails a lot !!!
behind the scenes.

Golf Loon
26-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Yup, the clip that holds the slider behind the dial will be broken. Cable tie might fix it if you are lucky.

Toledo heater dials are different to cordobab and ibiza ones and are flimsy as...