PDA

View Full Version : Superb mirror not tilting in reverse

BlackSuperb
22-10-2009, 06:41 AM
My curb side mirror is not tilting when reversing. This option is ticked in the setup menu on the MFD but it still doesn't tilt.

Dealer says this is normal for an Australian car and that the manual is wrong. I'm not convinced. :rtfm:

Has anybody else come across this?

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
22-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Black Superb,

If my knowledge is up to scratch i think you need to make sure the power mirror toggle switch is turned to the L (for left mirror adjustment). The car will not enact the feature unless it is pointed to the L before putting the car in reverse.

Once you have put the car back into park the mirror will automatically return to its original position.

See how you go, if this doesn't do the trick then maybe it's something we have to explore a little further.

Regards

Chris

BlackSuperb
22-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes indeedy you are correct. Thanks Chris.

It tilts nicely but doesn't quite return to its original position. That's OK, at least it works.

Maybe I (and my servicing dealer) should :rtfm: :cool:

Swallowtail
22-10-2009, 01:52 PM
It should return to its normal position when you achieve a certain forward velocity... :D It's not immediate when you take it out of reverse...

gregozedobe
22-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that you have to select L on the mirror control, put the gearbox in reverse, then adjust the mirror while it is in the "down" (curb viewing) position so it knows exactly where to point to when you select reverse.

And if you use different keys some options are key specific.

brad
22-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Everything the others said plus the mirror gets lazy & doesn't quite come back all the way and requires occasional recalibration.

I just had a Vauxhall Insignia (?) Elite hire car for 19 days with mirror tilt & it would be great for 2 days then suddenly get brewers droop & require adjusting.