PDA

View Full Version : Lowering a Seat Ibiza

beatnick
20-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Guys!

I've got my hands on a '95 Seat Ibiza, GLX, 4 Door. Wow... I know. Pretty hot. (Please note the sarcasim)

Anywhoo.. I have to drive this wee guy round all day and I want to get it lowered a little. I don't want it sitting on the ground but I want it to be noticbly lower. I was thinking 25 - 30mm drop?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place in Melbourne to go and get it done?

Any idea on how much it would cost? I'm on a tiiiiiight budget :D

Any info would be mucho apprecido!

Cheers,

Nick

gldgti
20-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey Guys!

I've got my hands on a '95 Seat Ibiza, GLX, 4 Door. Wow... I know. Pretty hot. (Please note the sarcasim)

Anywhoo.. I have to drive this wee guy round all day and I want to get it lowered a little. I don't want it sitting on the ground but I want it to be noticbly lower. I was thinking 25 - 30mm drop?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place in Melbourne to go and get it done?

Any idea on how much it would cost? I'm on a tiiiiiight budget :D

Any info would be mucho apprecido!

Cheers,

Nick

noone will know what it is.... haha. golf mk2/3 suspension is nearly the same (on front its the same... not entirely sure about rear) but your cheapest option will likely be to buy a set of springs.

i have a set of mk3 lowering springs if your interested... someone (Loon) may be able to say if they will fit ibiza rear end. they are 40mm drop.

beatnick
20-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah.. haha.. its a bit of a funny lill ride but I'm kinda fond of her.

It seems to share a lot with the Golf MK3. I just got some factory rims of a MK3 that will be going on this weekend.

If the springs fit, I'll take 'em of your hands. Anyone know if they will fit and anyone in Melb who could fit 'em?

gldgti
21-10-2009, 04:50 PM
i'll take a photo for ya later if i get time, cheers

Golf Loon
21-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Front springs will fit, rears may be too high. I think they have a Mk1 height spring in the back.
Aydans ones willprob fit, but might not lower the back as much as you want.

beatnick
22-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Cool! Thanks for all your help.. mucho apprecido!

hmmm.. I'm pretty keen on an even ride height. There seems to be quiet a few spring kits available online. Maybe I'll try track down the right springs..

Any hints on a good place in Melbourne to try?

beatnick
22-10-2009, 08:23 AM
These are the ones I have been looking at: http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/23297/seat/apex-springs/130-2020.html

Pretty cheap! Especially with the Aus dollar at the mo.

IbizaGTI
05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
buy these (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=36776) ??
:)

leo46
06-11-2009, 05:34 AM
If you didnt have to drive it all day i would say cut them! or buy hottuning coilovers!

Jarred
06-11-2009, 08:34 AM
try Volkspower in burwood. they're good guys and pretty cluey, and should be able to point you in the right direction!

9808 6777

sports racer
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Cut them.

I did mine a year ago on my 97 Polo and it made the handling much better. I do 180 k's a day (mostly country driving over bumpy roads) and have never had a problem. I lowered the car about 60mm so there is a gap between tyres and wheel arch of about 30mm on all wheels.

Took me a couple of hours. Don't forget to reset the wheel alignment as lowering the car knocks it out by a few degrees.

Cheers

Paul