Rocket88
19-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Check this out. Any comments.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4608832

:confused:

team_v
19-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Meh, it's only a rendering.
Just speculative considering the concept/spy-shots haven't even been shown yet.

I like the current model look, however the autobuild render looks more realistic and more likely to be a successor model
http://download.autobild.de/dl/574785/ABAR09_08_001-001_Titel.pdf

Pullstarter
19-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Looks like they just grafted a MK6 golf front end on it, not a fan.

team_v
19-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Looks like they just grafted a MK6 golf front end on it, not a fan.

Thats exactly what i was thinking.
Its more of a mock-up than a rednering, just using styling cues from the current golf to make a "new tiguan"

We won't see anything official until mid 2010 otherwise they will canibalise the sale of the current model.

JamesTiguan147
20-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I hope they run with it cause then my 2010 model will hold its value, this look may tank like the first release Tribeca which was ugly as heck.

The thick, solid body colour across the entire front kills it for me.

pol280
20-10-2009, 06:11 PM
New face tests:)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109101422417/volkswagen-tiguan-facelift-caught-hiding-a-new-face

clip
20-10-2009, 07:00 PM
New face tests:)
I wish they'd leave the front alone and just fix the rear. That's what let's it down. Give the rear the audi or beemer treatment and it would make it look soooo much better (instead of looking far too much like a Korean POS!!!)

team_v
06-11-2009, 06:29 AM
UPDATE SPYSHOT!
http://static.blogo.it/eurocarblog/VolkswagenTiguanrestyling.jpg

Looks the same as the previous model from what i can tell, except it has taken the Mk6 style headlights and grill.

Can't wait to see how it looks in some better images.

suparockin
06-11-2009, 07:14 AM
I don't like it, have never really liked the Mk6 headlights.

mickofoz
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Don't like it. Glad I have the 2010 model.

team_v
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
The general consensus on vortex and here seems to be that the 2011 facelifted Tig looks terrible and no one will buy it.

I will wait to see how the actual prodcution model looks but I don't actually mind the thin grill area.

The lights are a bit "meh" but they are using bits form the golf already so why not use headlights as well.

mickofoz
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
But that's the point. Why use the same parts across the range? If I want to buy a Golf, I'd buy one. Having said that, I don't like the new Golf grill. I currently have, until next week when I get my new Tigga, a Polo GTI '07. I like the front of that car. I like the "pulled down" look grill that the GTI's went with.

suparockin
06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Exactly, this whole bollocks about 'design language' and 'Shared DNA' etc is just marketing speak for "We want to re-use all the parts so we save money, bugger it if all the cars look the same".

I wouldn't buy a jacked up Golf.

team_v
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Exactly, this whole bollocks about 'design language' and 'Shared DNA' etc is just marketing speak for "We want to re-use all the parts so we save money, bugger it if all the cars look the same".

I wouldn't buy a jacked up Golf.

You do realise that almost every part of your tiguan comes form the golf range anyway dont you..........

It's good production practice to use product platforms to reduce costs.
Do any business studies at all and it's one of the major things they tell you to do, try to get standardised products.
It's why VW now uses 5x112 wheels in similar sizes for most of it's medium sized range.

If vw uses parts already in production, then it will presumably allow the savings in production time and cost to be passed on, which allows the tiguan to be competitive and not cost another 10-15k.

suparockin
06-11-2009, 02:33 PM
You do realise that almost every part of your tiguan comes form the golf range anyway dont you..........

It's good production practice to use product platforms to reduce costs.
Do any business studies at all and it's one of the major things they tell you to do, try to get standardised products.
It's why VW now uses 5x112 wheels in similar sizes for most of it's medium sized range.

If vw uses parts already in production, then it will presumably allow the savings in production time and cost to be passed on, which allows the tiguan to be competitive and not cost another 10-15k.

I knew someone would point this out, I know all that but I don't want the car to LOOK like a jacked up Golf.

team_v
06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I knew someone would point this out, I know all that but I don't want the car to LOOK like a jacked up Golf.

So VW loses a few sales but saves millions of dollars due to standardisation across the range.

I see your point however it isn't a viable production model so you can see why VW are choosing hte Golf 6 styling for the Tig.

phaeton
06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Its a chop :)

2011 will not have Golf headlights thats for sure.

clip
06-11-2009, 05:15 PM
looking more like a bloody Peugeot every day!!! :puke2: