PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt Light

JayBee
08-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum (obviously!)

Have got a 2000 Mk 4 Gti that I picked up approx 3 months ago, very happy with it, cannot beat the build quality that's for sure. Have 19 inch audi RS4 wheels lowered and a powerchip (which personally I think is rubbish)

Probably won't believe it but I downscaled from a Ford XR6 Turbo with 405hp at the wheels, but that's another story for another day.

Very happy with the car however a slight problem has come up in recent days.

Had steamed cleaned the interior which for part of it the passenger seat was taken out. Simple process and unclipped the plug that connect's from the floor to the seat for I what I think is seatbelt and airbag.

Once finished replugged plug in, bolted seat back in, and away we go. Well sort of.

Now the seatbelt light appears permanently on even when you plug in the passenger seatbelt?
When you start the car and the dash goes through it's light check, the seatbelt light goes off, then reappears permenently on after apprx 3 secs and stays on.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Can I reset it somehow?

I have tried by disconnecting and reconnecting the seat plug with the car on/off etc with no luck. There are no fuses for the light so I am stumped at what I can do to resolve the light being permanently on.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
JB.:)

quozl
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum (obviously!)

Have got a 2000 Mk 4 Gti that I picked up approx 3 months ago, very happy with it, cannot beat the build quality that's for sure. Have 19 inch audi RS4 wheels lowered and a powerchip (which personally I think is rubbish)

Probably won't believe it but I downscaled from a Ford XR6 Turbo with 405hp at the wheels, but that's another story for another day.

Very happy with the car however a slight problem has come up in recent days.

Had steamed cleaned the interior which for part of it the passenger seat was taken out. Simple process and unclipped the plug that connect's from the floor to the seat for I what I think is seatbelt and airbag.

Once finished replugged plug in, bolted seat back in, and away we go. Well sort of.

Now the seatbelt light appears permanently on even when you plug in the passenger seatbelt?
When you start the car and the dash goes through it's light check, the seatbelt light goes off, then reappears permenently on after apprx 3 secs and stays on.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Can I reset it somehow?

I have tried by disconnecting and reconnecting the seat plug with the car on/off etc with no luck. There are no fuses for the light so I am stumped at what I can do to resolve the light being permanently on.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
JB.:)

You need a local member or friendly mechanic with Vagcom. They can clear the code using the Vagcom software in about 5 seconds and the light will go out. In future if you want to unplug the seats or seat belts to work on the car make sure you disconnect the power from the battery first and then reconnect after you plug the seats back in. This will prevent the code and light.

Cheers Al

Bora Sport
08-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Disconncting the plug has probably thrown up a fault code in the computer. You may have to get the car to someone with a Vagcom to clear the code. Or else and I am guessing here, you could try disconnecting the battery for a while as long as you have the code for the radio.

quozl
08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Disconncting the plug has probably thrown up a fault code in the computer. You may have to get the car to someone with a Vagcom to clear the code. Or else and I am guessing here, you could try disconnecting the battery for a while as long as you have the code for the radio.

Echo Echo Echo :D :D

JayBee
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Echo Echo Echo :D :D

LOL

Thanks guys that make sense. I thought I maybe able to clear with removing a fuse but know I think of it, not applicable.

Would my friendly VW dealer do it, or am I looking abeing charged stupid amounts of money for a simple procedure?

I am in Eastern Subs Melbourne if anyone can help?

Still getting my head around the GTI, how much are the scanning tools? Used to have one for my old car but that carried multiple engine tunes as well.

quozl
08-02-2007, 08:21 PM
LOL

Thanks guys that make sense. I thought I maybe able to clear with removing a fuse but know I think of it, not applicable.

Would my friendly VW dealer do it, or am I looking abeing charged stupid amounts of money for a simple procedure?

I am in Eastern Subs Melbourne if anyone can help?

Still getting my head around the GTI, how much are the scanning tools? Used to have one for my old car but that carried multiple engine tunes as well.

VW will charge you a stupid amount of money in most cases. Derek at European Autotech at MonaVale or Seb at Girraween would be a good bet. Other than that maybe a member from Sydney with Vagcom will be willing to meet you somewhere and reset the code. It literally is a 5 second job the longest part of it is waiting for the laptop to boot and starting Vagcom.

Cheers Al

Tim
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
your local dealer will probly charge about $75 to do 2 seconds of work. Thats what i got charged once..
I have a vagcom. But im off on holidays this sunday till the end of the month. There are a few of us in melb that have them tho!

JayBee
08-02-2007, 08:29 PM
VW will charge you a stupid amount of money in most cases. Derek at European Autotech at MonaVale or Seb at Girraween would be a good bet. Other than that maybe a member from Sydney with Vagcom will be willing to meet you somewhere and reset the code. It literally is a 5 second job the longest part of it is waiting for the laptop to boot and starting Vagcom.

Cheers Al

Thanks Al, yeah used to have a portable PCM scanner in my XR6 turbo, carried 3 tunes so I could download against who was driving the car, from a valet tune (40km/h max) to my race tune 355rwkw. Took all of 2 minutes to upload the Cars PCM.

I am actually in Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne not Syd, so anyone from Nunawading all the way into Richmond that could help I am happy to travel just to get the thing cleared, as it's driving me crazy!! Or any local VW places that are happy to assit an enthusiast that you know would be apprecaited.

Thanks Again.

JB

quozl
08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks Al, yeah used to have a portable PCM scanner in my XR6 turbo, carried 3 tunes so I could download against who was driving the car, from a valet tune (40km/h max) to my race tune 355rwkw. Took all of 2 minutes to upload the Cars PCM.

I am actually in Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne not Syd, so anyone from Nunawading all the way into Richmond that could help I am happy to travel just to get the thing cleared, as it's driving me crazy!! Or any local VW places that are happy to assit an enthusiast that you know would be apprecaited.

Thanks Again.

JB

If your interested you can just get on to Guy at APR Ocenaia / Harding Performance and buy the Vagcom cable and software yourself. Well worth the investment if you plan on being in the Vw family for any length of time.

Have a look at http://www.ross-tech.com/ for more info and then contact Guy of you want to order one as I'm pretty sure he is the agent for Australia.

Cheers Al

JayBee
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
If your interested you can just get on to Guy at APR Ocenaia / Harding Performance and buy the Vagcom cable and software yourself. Well worth the investment if you plan on being in the Vw family for any length of time.

Have a look at http://www.ross-tech.com/ for more info and then contact Guy of you want to order one as I'm pretty sure he is the agent for Australia.

Cheers Al

Al, looks llike I can download the software from that same site? Is this plauseable? All I want to do is clear the codes, so if it's pretty dodgy downloading the software, I would rather a forum member do it for me.

Not that I'm tight an would'nt want the tool, I just am trying to keep away from the modding bug at the moment. The same reason why I sold my last car was due to the money put into it. Happy with the looks of the GTI to cruise around in no more money on cars for now.....;)

Any member than can help just let me know. Tim I may take you up on your offer if I have'nt been able to clear by the time you get back.

Thanks

Tim
08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
you need the cable as well as the software.
I might have some time on sunday arvo if u r desperate to get it done. I live in carlton north. which is just off the eastern fwy.

quozl
08-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Al, looks llike I can download the software from that same site? Is this plauseable? All I want to do is clear the codes, so if it's pretty dodgy downloading the software, I would rather a forum member do it for me.

Not that I'm tight an would'nt want the tool, I just am trying to keep away from the modding bug at the moment. The same reason why I sold my last car was due to the money put into it. Happy with the looks of the GTI to cruise around in no more money on cars for now.....;)

Any member than can help just let me know. Tim I may take you up on your offer if I have'nt been able to clear by the time you get back.

Thanks

Mate you need the Vagcom cable that plugs into the OBD port, that's what you pay for.

Just post a message in the General forum asking if someone in Melb with Vagcom can help you out. I'm sure there will be someone around who can do it this weekend for you.

Cheers Al

JayBee
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
you need the cable as well as the software.
I might have some time on sunday arvo if u r desperate to get it done. I live in carlton north. which is just off the eastern fwy.

That would be great tim.

I am just off the start of the eastern on springvale rd.

If you can give me a call and I will arrange a time - 0408 562 846

Cheers
JB

JayBee
27-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Guys,

Is anyone able to help me out who has a Vagcom and can rest the code for me?

Am in eastern Subs Melb, near the Eastern, am happy to travel.

Thanks
JB.