PDA

View Full Version : It's ALIVE!!! (arrived)

T&M
15-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Well smiles all-round :banana:

We took delivery of the Tiguan yesterday! It was a long-long-long wait but gee it's been worth it. We got what extras we wanted and as a bonus it's the 2010 model.

As soon as I get a few minutes, I'll post some pics (if you like) to show it off.

The Candy white is a great combo with the black leather interior. Still have to get the aftermarket DVD system fitted for the kids and it's going back to get the windows tinted by the dealer on it's 1000km "free check". The Sunshine Coast QLD plates in 'girly' pink and red really stand out on the white paint. hahahaha..... Thanks go to the Mrs.

What else - oh yeah we got the Hankook Dynapro tyres on the standard alloys. Still deciding whether we do the sporty-street-style 18" wheels or whether we stick with the 16" (which are great looking wheels) and pop on some BFG A/T or Cooper ST tyres for when we hit the dirt.

Now to read the manual and experiment! :cool::cool:

team_v
15-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice work.
I am looking at Candy white when i get mine.

:pics:

To me the stock 16's look too small so i would be upgrading to 18's.
Keep the 16's for soft-roading with though and wrap them in some heavier duty tyres.

Might want to have a look in teh audio section for DVD PLayers.
I recall someone saying that it was cheaper to just buy acouple of Ipod's for the kids and not have to worry about wiring, installationand legalitites etc.

T&M
15-10-2009, 12:30 PM
yes yes I know - no pics yet!!!! haha... The Mrs drives it for her work.

The kids already have their iPods, but ideally looking at either twin built-in headrest DVD monitors or a ceiling mounted monitor as we had in the last car - that way it's out of the way.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/AlpineDVD.jpg

Jury is out about the wheels at this stage (the car is 26hrs old).

team_v
15-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I would run about on the stockers for now.
They don't seem to be selling on Ebay so the best bet is run them in and see how you feel about them.
If you really want to upgrade just keep the 16's for soft-roading trips.

I don't see the point in rear dvd if they already have ipod's etc but its your car.
Just make sure to check the legality of it as i had heard they were cracking down on in car dvd's in the southern states.

T&M
15-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Just make sure to check the legality of it as i had heard they were cracking down on in car dvd's in the southern states.was that from cops who didn't have anything in their car? :P

I haven't heard of that happening up here...?? Will check though.

team_v
15-10-2009, 12:40 PM
was that from cops who didn't have anything in their car? :P

I haven't heard of that happening up here...?? Will check though.

Something about causing a distraction to the driver, even though you can't see it, you could still hear it and know it is going etc.
Not 100% sure as it was just spoken about on the audio section here.

Might want to check it out before you go ahead with it just to make sure.

harrip
15-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Congratulations on your new tig. I'm pleased to learn its the 2010 model. Mine is on its way over and should be arriving next week so guess it too should be the 2010 edition. Cheers.

T&M
15-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Congratulations on your new tig. I'm pleased to learn its the 2010 model. Mine is on its way over and should be arriving next week so guess it too should be the 2010 edition. Cheers.
Thanks.
Yeah not that much different I discovered... different illumination of gauges (now white), different wheel lock nut, no fancy chrome hooks on sides of boot area.

clip
15-10-2009, 06:39 PM
The Sunshine Coast QLD plates in 'girly' pink and red really stand out on the white paint.
I'll look out for you on the coast. Should be easy to spot with those plates :)

clip
15-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Something about causing a distraction to the driver, even though you can't see it, you could still hear it and know it is going etc.

the sound of the wiggles movie playing quietly in the back, or the kids fighting and carrying on like pork chops? I know what distracts me more........... (actually now I think about it, it's probably the wiggles)

borbor1313
15-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Congrats on your new tiggy :banana:
In SA it is illegal to have a DVD screen on that can be seen from the car behind.Having said that there are plenty that still drive with it on. I have a thread on rear screens (with pano roof) and also RVC in the modification section in mytiguan.com if anyone is interested.

T&M
16-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice work.
I am looking at Candy white when i get mine.

Here's one I took very quickly this morning before it zoomed off again...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/Rearangle.jpg

team_v
16-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Nice shot.
Still very clean too.

Going to get the windows tinted?

T&M
16-10-2009, 10:28 AM
yep sure are! will look heaps better then!

Pullstarter
16-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Congrats on the new arrival :D

T&M
17-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone.

Here are some more pics taken this morning.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P8230074.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P8230073.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P8230072.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P8230076.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P8230075.jpg

Will progressively get more as we start to do a few mods.

Pullstarter
18-10-2009, 08:06 AM
What are those parallelogram shaped jobbies under the headlight? Something to do with park assist?

suparockin
18-10-2009, 08:08 AM
What are those parallelogram shaped jobbies under the headlight? Something to do with park assist?

Xenon headlamp washers I think?

T&M
18-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah they are headlight washers.
Oh and the xenon lights have a great self-levelling system everytime you start the car, they automatically level the lights according to the load you have in the car.

clip
18-10-2009, 04:40 PM
ADR rules for Xenon lights - must be self leveling and have washers. That's why the aftermarket Xenon's are illegal to fit in Aus.

Very cool though.

T&M
28-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Just an update on the Tiguan. All going very well.

Those Xenon lights are SUPER!!! Love the way the little side lights come on to show you the way when slowing down around corners or when you indicate and slow for your driveway they also come on to light up the way.

Got some genuine VW headlight and bonnet protectors today when it was in for it's 1000km check. Expensive little add-ons but WAY cheaper than new xenons! Very good fit. Pics to come.

Does everyone like that "auto hold" brake function? I have found that I leave it off as my preference.

clip
28-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Does everyone like that "auto hold" brake function? I have found that I leave it off as my preference.
I love it. I've very rarely used a handbrake for hill starts in all my years of driving manuals, but for some reason I now use the auto hold often. It just works so well. I only switch it on when I pull up on a hill, i.e. it's not something that I switch on when I get into the car.

Kyeema
28-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Just saw your pics, nice car! I wouldn't even know if we ordered the 2010 model.

T&M
28-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I love it. I've very rarely used a handbrake for hill starts in all my years of driving manuals, but for some reason I now use the auto hold often. It just works so well. I only switch it on when I pull up on a hill, i.e. it's not something that I switch on when I get into the car.I'm a "little" the same. ie just every now again on a steep hill - thats all.

T&M
28-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Just saw your pics, nice car! I wouldn't even know if we ordered the 2010 model.We ordered ours in June this year and were told that we were getting the '10 model in August.

harrip
29-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I use the auto hold function all the time. I'm a bit curious, do those that don't use it sit with their foot on the brake at traffic lights, or actually put the hand brake on?

Arctra
29-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I use the autohold all the time, but I have found it's best to turn it off when navigating around car parks and parking. When waiting at traffic lights I think it's a godsend! When autohold is in effect I prefer to slip into neutral rather than leave it in drive. I think it's a hangover from the old manual days where I didn't like holding the clutch in and riding the thrust bearing unnecessarily. Besides, I've noticed it's about 0.3l/hr more fuel efficient that way :-)

T&M
29-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe I have to start using more..? :confused:

Maybe it's because I have always had manual cars & 4WDs and this is the first "clever" gearbox.

T&M
29-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Headlight and bonnet protectors now fitted. Got to do the most in order to keep stone chips off both the lights and the nice new paint work. There's still enough of a gap so you can run a chamois down between the bonnet protector and bonnet so you don't have to remove it everytime you clean the car. Very good fit.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/P9030070.jpg

T&M
06-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Kids are happy again!! Rear ceiling mounted DVD went in yesterday. End up going with the Alpine model - by far the best we could find (at least where we looked). :rolleyes:
This way parents are also happy!! :banana:

I will get some pics of it when Mrs returns, but looks like this (taken from Alpine info).

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

T&M
07-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Here's the happy snap of the DVD unit up on the ceiling as mentioned. Nice neat fit and can still retain the factory internal light.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/balaskas/VW%20and%20Tiguan/AlpineMonitor1.jpg

team_v
07-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Looks liek it fits pretty well.
does stand out a bit considering it it gloss black in a white-ish interior.

Mind if i ask how much it set you back to purchase and install?

donweather
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Looks nice and I know my kids would want one in a flash.

Just one question....does it block your view in your rear view mirror?

T&M
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
does stand out a bit considering it it gloss black in a white-ish interior.

Mind if i ask how much it set you back to purchase and install? Yeah it fits very nicely, I had the choice of moving it back slightly and taking the factory light out, then just using the lights built-in the unit itself. No it looks VERY factory, as the interior is the black leather and trim in ours. Can't get any other colour unit either. Mind you, there are plenty of "expensive" cars that have a factory installed unit that is a different colour to the ceiling trim.
$ = $1255 fitted with 2 IR headphones and FM modulator also installed.

team_v
08-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah it fits very nicely, I had the choice of moving it back slightly and taking the factory light out, then just using the lights built-in the unit itself. No it looks VERY factory, as the interior is the black leather and trim in ours. Can't get any other colour unit either. Mind you, there are plenty of "expensive" cars that have a factory installed unit that is a different colour to the ceiling trim.
$ = $1255 fitted with 2 IR headphones and FM modulator also installed.

I didn't realise you had the black interior and trim, that would make it suit better.

Almost had a heart attack when i read the price lol.
I initially read it as $255 and thought it was a great bargain.

T&M
08-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Looks nice and I know my kids would want one in a flash.

Just one question....does it block your view in your rear view mirror? Hi, I'm 6'4" and when I drive the Tig and DVD screen is down, I can still partially (approx 50% - 75%) see thru the back window using the inside mirror. I tend to use the outside mirrors out of habit though.
My wife has no problem seeing thru at all.

If your kids are young, and sit lower down in the back seats, you could angle the screen further up, therefore giving you more vision via the inside mirror (hope that makes sense to you?).

T&M
08-11-2009, 08:48 AM
does stand out a bit considering it it gloss black in a white-ish interior.As a comparison here is the other one in our Patrol... slightly different Alpine model. Still is a black unit on a light ceiling.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/10/P8130121-1.jpg

mickofoz
10-11-2009, 03:02 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!! I will take delivery of my new Tigga this Friday 11AM. It's been quite a wait. The dealer told me today that people are waiting even longer now if you were to order one today that wasn't in stock. I ordered mid July so a 4 month wait.
This is what I ticked when I ordered:
125 TSI
Black
cloth seats
RNS 510 with RVC
Park Assist
Off Road Pack
Comfort Pack
Bluetooth (standard)
Protection Pack

I will post some pix late Friday or Saturday.
:banana: :mouse:

Ivica
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Well done Mickofoz!!
Good to see a fellow Adelaidian getting delivery of their tig...Mine arrived on 6th Nov. - but called the dealership who say it will be around 2 weeks.

How long did you wait from arrival into Australia until pick up day ?

I saw 2 black Tigs on port road yesterday,literally 2 minutes apart...they look awesome.

Mine is black too !

mickofoz
10-11-2009, 05:01 PM
My Tigga arrived in Melbourne on Glorious Leader on the 21st October. So that's a little over 3 weeks.

ultra
11-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I am happy to say that we have had delivery of our brand new TIG 103 TDI Auto
Black Metallic,
Black Leather,
18" Alloys,
Comfort Pack,
Park Assist,
Offroad Pack,
Fog Lights,
Tinted Windows,
Tow Bar,
Bluetooth,
Mud Flaps,
Floor Mats,
Weather Shields ..
Orded way back in june 20th , Arrived in country on the 21st of oct ,and handed over to us on the 10th of novemberat 4pm. and what a joy it was and is . its like getting an earliy birhday presant which by the way is in 8 days..will post pix as soon as i get my pc at home back on line..:yay:

Arctra
11-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Brilliant!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Did you have a mini unveiling at the delivery? When I got mine I must say, they did quite a good job of that.

So where you going on your test drive this weekend :P

Transporter
11-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Congratulations mate, what a long wait. Enjoy!

suparockin
11-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Photo's please!

Congrats!

ultra
11-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Brilliant!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Did you have a mini unveiling at the delivery? When I got mine I must say, they did quite a good job of that.

So where you going on your test drive this weekend :P

We have'nt really decided yet but thinking maybe Yarra Glen or Marysville in victoria..

T&M
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Now if we are going to play show and tell, we need more pics!! :)