PDA

View Full Version : VW accessories - costs?

suparockin
14-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Am thinking of getting some accessories for my new Tig, anyone know the cost of these?

Plastic boot bin
Side-steps

Also - do you just go to the dealer and get them to order them in and fit them for you?

Thanks

surubalak
15-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi

I don't know the cost of side steps and boot bin, but yes you ask the delaer to order it in and take it in for them to instasll. They normally give you the price for the accessory and for fitment..

Do let me know when you fit a side step...

I was on th dirt road the other day and found the dirt had deposited on the underneath of the doors, I mean on the rubber underneath the door and I believe the side steps will prevent that..

Tigga1
15-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi

Do let me know when you fit a side step...

I was on th dirt road the other day and found the dirt had deposited on the underneath of the doors, I mean on the rubber underneath the door and I believe the side steps will prevent that..

I am also interested in the side steps, as they would possibly prevent a lot of dirt buildup on doors...

Torn
15-10-2009, 11:40 PM
i had a quote for $428 for the boot tray.

As i carry a fair bit of stuff around i went to clarkes rubber and got some stuff, also purchased a couple felt removalists blankets to stop scratching the plastic

Pullstarter
18-10-2009, 08:04 AM
You can get the rubber boot trays off ebay for around $60-ish from memory, $400 plus is just ridiculous.

Last week I bought the genuine set of 4 windshields (the only way you can buy them) and was VERY pleasantly surprised at the price, $119 for the full set. They go on very nicely and they give you all the stuff you need to install, excellent fit too :D I didn't install the rear window jobbies though as they are ugly as a mofo IMO.

suparockin
18-10-2009, 08:05 AM
$400 is ridiculous, have been scouring Ebay but only found flimsy looking thin rubber mats things, not the boot tray?

Pullstarter
18-10-2009, 08:17 AM
These ones look alright;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-VW-Tiguan-EVA-Cargo-Boot-Liner-Mat-Tray_W0QQitemZ150379854704QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2303567b70

Around $100 (I thought they were a bit cheaper than that) but much better than $400.

These ones look pretty good too;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Golf-V-Tiguan-Cargo-Boot-Liner-BLACK_W0QQitemZ200385928614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_C ar_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea7ee9da6

Umai Naa!!
20-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I can't give you a price on the sidesteps, but I can tell you they're not fun to fit.

However, get a price on them fitted, and I'll better it.

juv3
04-01-2010, 09:16 PM
guys...sidestep quoted $990 from dealer, is that cheap?

or what you guys have paid for it?

ozvino
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Has anyone bought/fitted headlight covers ? If so, what did they cost and how do they look?

I had them on my Touareg and they did a good job, any comments on the Tiguan headlamp covers would be appreciated

Cheers

mikeinbris
05-01-2010, 12:06 AM

Does this price including installation? my wife prob needed the sidestep to get in/out of the car, i'll check about the pricing with the dealer as time approaching picking up time.

AlanTig
05-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Has anyone bought/fitted headlight covers ? If so, what did they cost and how do they look?

I had them on my Touareg and they did a good job, any comments on the Tiguan headlamp covers would be appreciated

Cheers

I,ve got them on my Tig,came with it as it was ex-demo..they,re a good fit and easy to take if you want to clean behind them...

juv3
05-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Does this price including installation? my wife prob needed the sidestep to get in/out of the car, i'll check about the pricing with the dealer as time approaching picking up time.

that's fitted price

Kyeema
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Am thinking of getting some accessories for my new Tig, anyone know the cost of these?

Plastic boot bin
Side-steps

Also - do you just go to the dealer and get them to order them in and fit them for you?

Thanks

Hi,

I paid $995 for the side steps, fitted and all.
I'm just back from my holidays where we took a few long dirt roads, some in better conditions than others, but there is no damage from stones. I think the side steps have prevented that.

I warned for this in the side step thread as well (and we found out the hard way): The original VW jack doesn't fit on the jack points anymore when you have side steps. So get another jack. The tires are tubeless, so easy to fix, but you do need to be able to take them off...

marcsamus
12-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone,

Plastic boot bin
Side-steps

Thanks

I picked up a boot liner from www.booter.com.au

Really happy with the quality, cost $114 plus $10 postage

They're based at Eagle Farm in brisbane so I collected

donweather
12-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Are they (boot liners) made from the same sort of material as floor mats? How's the fit and does it limit the ability to use the hooks on the sides of the boot as well as the child restraints? Pics would be good as I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. Can you just go out to Eagle Farm and look at one and try it in your boot prior to purchasing?

marcsamus
19-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Are they (boot liners) made from the same sort of material as floor mats? How's the fit and does it limit the ability to use the hooks on the sides of the boot as well as the child restraints? Pics would be good as I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. Can you just go out to Eagle Farm and look at one and try it in your boot prior to purchasing?

They're more of a hard but flexible plastic on top. There are cutouts for the child restraints.

You can't order online if you're picking up, I turned up and tried in the boot first then paid. Might be best to call first as he said they were pretty popular for the Tig

blutopless2
19-01-2010, 02:48 PM

i got quoted $780 fitted.