PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for your passat cc?

plasmod3
13-10-2009, 10:35 AM
whats the general feel for price out there on the passat c in the forum? To start it off my quote is near 76000 for on road costs +

Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Assist
Dynaudio Sound System
Walnut Trim
Ambient Lights
MDI
Front Climate Seats
Bluetooth
Window Tint (Darkest Legal Motorone)
Paint & Fabric Protection (Motorone Fifth Dimension)
Metallic Paint
Sill Plates
Euro plates

del in jan 2010!!!!! i can't wait!!!! p.s. the above is fleet priced.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::tr oll:

Thought about getting the sat nav & the reverse camera + park assist but figured i can park my own car, am not truely sure about the reverse camera & sat nav wise fomr the forum i noticed that tmc does not function on it.

plasmod3
13-10-2009, 10:35 AM
forgot to mention that was for the 3.6l version of the passat

tryingavw
13-10-2009, 10:46 AM
whats the general feel for price out there on the passat c in the forum? To start it off my quote is near 76000 for on road costs +

Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Assist
Sound System
Walnut Trim
Ambient Lights
MDI
Front Climate Seats
Bluetooth
Metallic Paint
Sill Plates
Euro plates

del in jan 2010!!!!! i can't wait!!!! p.s. the above is fleet priced.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::tr oll:

Thought about getting the sat nav & the reverse camera + park assist but figured i can park my own car, am not truely sure about the reverse camera & sat nav wise fomr the forum i noticed that tmc does not function on it.

the sat nav on VW is superior to any others on the market at present so is
worth considering seeing as you ticked every other box!

Leagle
13-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Plasmod, I think I just about ticked the opposite options to you!

Lane assist wasn't available when I placed the order otherwise I would have. Would have liked blind spot assist too (available overseas but not apparently in Australia).

However, I ordered my CC with the R510 unit including GPS, rear camera, park assist and upgraded audio. I am sick and tired of using portable GPS TMC or not! (BTW don't you hate the ridiculous TMC dongles used on those ridiculous portable units?)

Park Assist is probably a gimmick, but a cheap option (so I ticked) - but there was no way I was ordering a CC without the rear camera! (Have you checked out the rear visibility lol?)

I got the fleet discount as well. Very close to the price you paid too.

I noticed that the only option we both agreed to (or rather didn't agree to buy) seems to be the panoramic sunroof. The fact that it only tilted (did not slide) irritated me to no end (though it does look trendy and nice). I will probably instal a proper aftermarket sliding roof afterwards.

LOL, maybe we should compare our cars one day (when we both have them) and see what we are really each missing out on!

plasmod3
13-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Good comments all. Yea the tmc dongle is a bit lame but it actually works hence better than nothing:) combine that with a friction mount you can put it anywhere safely & take it off easy as pie.

The fact that irks me with the rns510 is that

1. it comes with a dvd drive & removes the cd stacker
2. the cd stacker is $850 extra
3. you can only get the reversing camera with the RNS510 & not without it
4. the reversing camera is not a ccd & not as good
5. gps on the rns ...you lack the pois & therefore you will lack the speed cameras, traffic cams etcetc
6. there is no tv function with the rns510

A better option i thought might be the pioneer AVIC-F10BT. It's only slightly more ex but has a bit more features. Apparently it can all be integrated into the vw setup wth the use of various can-buses.

Worse to worse all's needed is

1. retrofit a rns510 myself (sourced from ebay later on)
2. retrofit a wireless ccd camera to the back (just need to hook it up to a power supply
3. wait until a new version of the rns510 came out with dab+ & install that instead.

Heehee i came from a honda civic hybrid; the rcd510 itself is already far better than the honda:) no complaints here!

Do visit flir.com as well; not sure if it is avaliable in australia but it will really be cool if it did:)

Leagle, lane assist is not in the pamplets but it is avalible on the dealer's computer system for ordering, best ask & see if you are keen. When is the delivery of your car? Did you get a good finance deal?

Blind spot assist will really be good; i can never understand why the continentals get things that we don't here....thats just not quite...right. Comparatively the lane assist costs $340 pounds to add on in the uk & i am paying close to 1700 for it here....go figure. I heard they have even started offering dsg7 in the ccs in the uk already...

It's crazy isn't it...a sunroof that only tilts:)

scotty1991
13-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Unless your into high end aftermarket audio, id just get the RNS510 and Dynaudio, it will be far more integrated.
I have a AVIC-F900BT, which is similar to the F10BT, and it looks alright but nowhere near as good as a RNS510.

Jayse
13-10-2009, 04:26 PM
The fact that irks me with the rns510 is that

1. it comes with a dvd drive & removes the cd stacker
2. the cd stacker is $850 extra

With the 30gb HDD, you won't be missing the CD stacker...i know i don't!

Cheers,
Jayse.

tryingavw
13-10-2009, 05:09 PM
With the 30gb HDD, you won't be missing the CD stacker...

Cheers,
Jayse.

+ theres a memory card slot and and auxiliary input jack. lots of options.

Also i made up a dvd with 54 albums on it - admittedly mp3 quality but its still great to have access to so much music from 1 disk.

Psyk
13-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I ordered my Passat CC V6 3.6l 4-motion with:
Sat-Nav
Rear View Camera
Adaptive Cruise
Front Climate Seats
Bluetooth
MDI
Park Assist
Metallic paint

I traded in a car so the price was a little closer to RRP.

Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Assist
Dynaudio Sound System
Walnut Trim
Ambient Lights
MDI
Front Climate Seats
Bluetooth
Metallic Paint
Sill Plates
Euro plates

plasmod3
13-10-2009, 08:28 PM
well the rcd510 has a sd card slot as well as with the mdi i can just plug in an ipod anytime for storage & leave it in the glovebox i guess. Still not convinced re the rns, esp the experiences of a few here on the forum with whining noises as well as coverage dropouts.

There is a cool factor i admit but probably not enough for me to though 2k into it for what it offers. maybe i need to see leagle's or psyk's car before it finally dawns on me:)

when are you receiving your car psyk? The price i got was without the trade in, tradein makes it around 60:)

what colour is evryone getting? I am having the moccha

plasmod3
13-10-2009, 08:30 PM
mp3s with the dynaudio? nahhh you want cd quality:) just wondering are there external dacs for cars avaliable? won;t it be cool to fit a musical fidelity v-dac into the car for superb dac:)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Psyk
13-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Mine was just under $60K with trade-in.

Dealer said in a couple of weeks, so my car must be in the country...

well the rcd510 has a sd card slot as well as with the mdi i can just plug in an ipod anytime for storage & leave it in the glovebox i guess. Still not convinced re the rns, esp the experiences of a few here on the forum with whining noises as well as coverage dropouts.

There is a cool factor i admit but probably not enough for me to though 2k into it for what it offers. maybe i need to see leagle's or psyk's car before it finally dawns on me:)

when are you receiving your car psyk? The price i got was without the trade in, tradein makes it around 60:)

Psyk
13-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I think some people on this forum have got slightly better deals, though.

We're all within a couple of $K's of each other, so I'm assuming we're all getting a pretty competitive deals. I don't think there's much margin in car sales these days, it's the options and servicing I believe where they claw in some margins...

Leagle
14-10-2009, 11:02 AM
....There is a cool factor i admit but probably not enough for me to though 2k into it for what it offers. maybe i need to see leagle's or psyk's car before it finally dawns on me:)

Welcome to compare cars plasmod when we both have them (message me - though - attention moderator - I cant seem to work out how to submit a private message reply - keeps saying 0 messages sent).

Mine is on order from Germany so probably will wait till the end of the year.

I got silver. $75kish. Got a reasonable trade too. Nearly the same changeover price as you!!!

Leagle
14-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't think that is available as an option in Australia (although it is available overseas).

Not myself, but a family member bought the following:

Passat CC VR6 3.6FSI

Adaptive Cruise Control
Metallic Paint
Panoramic Roof
Park Assist
Rear View Camera
RNS510 Satellite Navigation

For near as makes no difference - 75k.

Thats probably a better deal than what I got! (given I didn't get adaptive cruise or panoramic but everything else).

plasmod3
14-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think that is available as an option in Australia (although it is available overseas).

Not myself, but a family member bought the following:

Passat CC VR6 3.6FSI

Adaptive Cruise Control
Metallic Paint
Panoramic Roof
Park Assist
Rear View Camera
RNS510 Satellite Navigation

For near as makes no difference - 75k.

Thats definately a very good deal better than mine i believe

plasmod3
14-10-2009, 02:28 PM
just did a bit of sleuthing...it seems that replacement tires for the contiseal cost 500-600 each! make them last people! don't burn those tires on a race track!

Corey_R
14-10-2009, 04:04 PM
just did a bit of sleuthing...it seems that replacement tires for the contiseal cost 500-600 each! make them last people! don't burn those tires on a race track!

Nah dude... burn them up all you want. Now that the Australian $ is back up, you can just go to TireRack.com (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+3&partnum=34WR8SPC3CSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes) and purchase them for US$236 each. The shipping may cost you US$250 (and did for my friend who ordered 4 similarly sized tyres from them) but that comes to a total of US$1194 - or AUD$1307 delivered.

It should be noted that since the tyres add up to US$944 they are currently over the AUD$1000, so you'll probably get import duties, but still, it ends up costing a lot less than purchasing locally.

Programme
15-10-2009, 09:19 PM

The idea of having the Contiseal type tyres is nice, but they aren't strictly required for the CC - they do come standard with an (alloy!) full size spare.

Corey_R
16-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Having said that, there appears to be little difference in price between contiseal tyres and regular continental tyres (at least based on USA pricing) so I'd probably expect that the regular contactsport3's for the CC are around $500 to $600 in Australia anyway. Has anyone actually replaced theirs yet?