PDA

View Full Version : Tiguan sunroof owners - help!

suparockin
12-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Just found out that there is a car available soon, but it has a sunroof.

Not something I really wanted, that said is there two different types? I seem to only be able to find 'panaramic' huge sunroof online?

Is it too hot in the car with the sunroof? Is there a thing where you can close it? I assume because it's so huge there is no blind?

I'll have black leather interior in a black car, not sure a sunroof is compatible really!

Do you regret getting yours?

Help!

team_v
12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
From memory, the Tig only has the panoramic sunroof.

There was some ueries over whether or not the sunroof could be tinted on vortex, i don't know if it was ever answered.
It should come with a pull over screen on the inside to block out most of the light.

If the leather is treted properly and the sunroof protector closed when it isn't being used you should be okay.

I would never get a sunroof becasue all my other ones have failed and they cost a tonne to fix for the amout of time you actually use them.

Transporter
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I can’t comment on big sunroof in Tig, but when I was ordering our Touareg it had sunroof and some other accessories fitted to it. The sunroof was the thing I disliked most, but I had no choice, since I didn’t want to wait 5 or 6 months. I don't think that the interior would get hotter because of the sunroof. There is actually advantage to it, you can quickly get rid off the hot air by opening it when your car is parked at full sun.

suparockin
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks, it's the sunlind thing I want to know about, anyone got pics?

Does it look cheap?

Arctra
12-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I have the sunroof and it's nothing short of awesome! Makes the interior feel so much roomier. You can only get panoramic sunroof's in the Tig. There is a motorised shade that closes over the glass that does a decent job of shading the car. It does not block 100% of the sun but it's enough to keep the car cool. It comes pre-tinted from the factory and when I got the windows tinted the guy didn't do the roof... I wouldn't have wanted him to anyway. Your leather should be fine as long as you clean and treat it every 6 months like you should... I have the tan leather and it obviously doesn't get hot.

I parked my Tig out in the beating sun for the whole day just the other week when it was actually sunny, and between the sunshade in the front window, tinted windows, and the sunroof shade over, the interior was fine when I climbed in. Just opened the roof to let the hot air out and off I went.

Oh, and I don't think it looks cheap either BTW

ploz58
13-10-2009, 06:33 AM
hi, i got a sunroof, wasnt really after one, but that was the only spec tig i could get.
The sunroof is very awesome, and you want to sit in the back seats to appreciate it. a grand view from there.

the blind is electric and can be stopped in any position, i havent done it but i believe the blind can be used with the roof open, just another variant of how you can use it

The remote on the keys will also close the roof, if you forget to close it when locking up,

have fun with your tig

Phil.

suparockin
13-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Anyone got any photo's of the sun blind?

borbor1313
13-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Go with the sunroof:banana:
completely awesome,roof open, blind and windows open and it feels like a convertible.
Don't worry about the heat,Sunshade will protect the leather and there is no more heat transfer into the car over a metal roof on a hot day. As has been said above it is actually cooler as you pop the roof or leave it open on really hot days to let the heat out or once you drive is sucks out the heat by venturi effect. I have black leather seats and never been scorched.
Also did the research before I bought it and none of the tiggy owners in Saudi arabia or in the Arizona desert with pano roofs have any regrets what so ever, and neither do I.
You can get it tinted .I think Jettagirl did this but it is completely not necessary.

Sunblind is very cool.Doesnt look cheap at all.Is actually sturdy perforated material which rolls up on retraction.Great opening the blind only on wet days !!

DJY
13-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Sunroof is GREAT!!!!!!

It is HUGE. It fills the entire ceiling of the car!
Sunroof opens two directions - tilt (only a crack), or slide open.
Has an electronic blind that you can use with the sunroof open or closed.

Tint in the sunroof is great! Tint is standard, and as posted above the panoramic sunroof is the only option... the Toureg one was tiny in comparison.

Apart from playing with the blind when I first bought my car - I haven't used it - I leave it with just the glass of the sunroof... never been too hot, or too bright (having said that it has been winter).

I have a Back 147, with sunroof, and black leather.

Rosey
14-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi suparockin,

We werent sure that we wanted a sunroof either, until the salesguy showed us a model which had it, its just amazing! Prior to that, I youtubed tiguan and found a number of useful videos showing how the sunroof operates. Try to ask the dealer if they have any model with the sunroof or call around nearby dealers to know if they have one for you to be able to judge it by yourself.

I must say though that it does get quite hot inside (temperature outside @ 28 deg) but manageable but nothing that the a/c cant fix. I usually open the windows and this helps a lot. Now, to answer your question on whether we have any regrets with it well luckily none so far! :)

Cheers

suparockin
14-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Well the order is in now, thanks everyone for the help!

borbor1313
14-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Glad to help, now what day do we all come round for our free ride??.

suparockin
14-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Glad to help, now what day do we all come round for our free ride??.

If the dealer is right 1st or 2nd week November!

surubalak
15-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't want one either..but the one on the ship already had one...I am glad I got it...it is great...I support whatever the others in the post hs said about it...enjoy yours