PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst 09

gtimk5
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, bout to close up here and head home to watch the TV for the arvo/weekend to see what pans out at Bathurst.
Some customers have given me a bottle of Beam and Jack Daniels so I will have to see who is leading between those teams...
Be good to see Triple 8 stick it up Ford by winning once more brfore switching to Holden. It would also be good to see an underdog win as well
To those that watch the V8s, enjoy!!
Andrew

VW Convert
09-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Well, bout to close up here and head home to watch the TV for the arvo/weekend to see what pans out at Bathurst.
Some customers have given me a bottle of Beam and Jack Daniels so I will have to see who is leading between those teams...
Be good to see Triple 8 stick it up Ford by winning once more brfore switching to Holden. It would also be good to see an underdog win as well
To those that watch the V8s, enjoy!!
Andrew

Oh the joys of being self employed! I'm very jealous!

Cheers

George

GoLfMan
09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
WOHOOO Bathurst! :D

I think the moto GP is this weekend aswell?? :eek:

gtimk5
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey George, I have worked like a train this week and no doubt I will cop another load of abuse from customers next week, for not being open this afternoon. Some of my good customers understand my enthusiasm for motor sport.
Moto is usually the weekend after Bathurst Josh.

mikinoz
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
You have to have some simple pleasures Andrew.

You work hard enough to have a few hours of racing and a few bottles of spirits this weekend! :)

Water Boy
09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Just got off the phone to my mate who is doing his apprenteship for Dellborto's Racing. He says all is looking good so far :google:

The_Hawk
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Oil Filter... Check
Fuel Filter... Check
New Oil... Check

Yep, I'm ready for my Bathurst weekend. I make sure my maintenance schedule includes Bathurst each year. That way I get to watch car racing WITH grease and oil under my finger nails and with that good feeling you get after doing these things :D

Geoffrey Hale
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi all
Managed to get home by 1.30 and watch the coverage today.
It's amazing how close the top 10 cars are in their lap times.
I see there is something on at 11 am tomorrow before the main telecast with guys like Allan Moffat , **** Johnson and Larry Perkins. Got to admit I've always been a big Larry fan. I am also a Craig Lowndes fan of more recent years. Not really a Holden or Ford follower more the drivers I guess.
Any way happy veiwing to all.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoffrey Hale
09-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi all back again.
I had to laugh when I saw how that last post came out.
Mr Jonhson's name appears bit to much for the system.
Didn't realise he was such a rude man that we had to censor him.

evorobin
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I started work early and caught the end. Sunday I'll be putting the world to rights from early :beer:

The poms are shocked at this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8292264.stm

seangti
12-10-2009, 09:27 AM
so what's everyones thoughts on the race??

As usual, the weather took the lead seat and shaping the race and added to the interest. The second last safety car made for nice sprint to the end. I was also very surprised and somewhat frustrated at how long it took to remove cars from the circuit.

Preen59
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
The whole thing was a complete wank. It has definitely set in concrete my ill feelings for V8 "supercars". I won't even bother watching the highlights anymore.

Next year will pretty much be a one make affair anyway! :rolleyes:

gldgti
12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
i saw a couple of minutes, got bored, flipped to WRC for 15min, got excited, started playing Forza2. Then took the mk1 for a burn.

I cant watch the taxi's anymore, its such a formulaic series now it just bores me.

bring back the old ATCC, with more than 2 manufacturers please

(yeah right)

Preen59
12-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm hearing you mate. I'd love to see some real competition, but we seem to be in the minority.

Most of these idiot V8 fans don't even realise that all the cars run a FORD 9 inch diff and have FORD front ends now. The only difference is the badge and the chassis is just something to hang off the spaceframe to attach panels to... :rolleyes:

Peter Jones
13-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Meh, I'd watch it if VWs were in the field again.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/10/L_Hill_B_Reed_VW_Bathurst_500_1964-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/10/BathurstBeetle-1.jpg

Pete

seangti
13-10-2009, 09:12 AM
bring back the old ATCC, with more than 2 manufacturers please

(yeah right)

Amen to that. Even the old school Biante series is great fun to watch. Can't go past the little aussie supercars for entertainment.

One HD has the DTM on friday nights which I've been very underwhelmed with. Seen some of the european touring car championship, fair mix of good driving with some heart on the sleeve silly moves to keep it interesting.

evorobin
13-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I caught some BTCC the other day and those bmw 320's look sweet :emo_baghead:

gldgti
13-10-2009, 10:00 AM
BTCC = smash up derby on track instead of arena :-)

static1800
13-10-2009, 10:04 AM
The BTCC is great, I remember some of the drivers coming over for Bathurst and all the Aussie drivers having a whinge that they were barging and shoving, bunch of pansies.

I watched a bit of it, does nothing for me. The GT race was more exciting.

Mr Messy
14-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I watched every minute of it and was never bored. But I love V8 Supercars and motorsport more than most (also didn't miss one lap of One's Le Mans coverage in June...).

The GT race was great, that Aston was amazing. Great to see Wall hang on to the c'ship lead despite carrying an anvil's worth of success ballast.

If you want variety check out the Bathurst 12hr... Classes for everything and a good mix of cars that are relatively affordable. Classy drivers too, Seton, Bargs, Holdsworth, McConville etc usually turn up.

Great cars too, 135i, 335i, STI, Evo, GTS, F6, GTP, XR6, Alfas etc etc. Even Hyundai... but no VWs yet (even though GTI, R32 and Golf.:R are eligible...)