PDA

View Full Version : VW interested in customer satisfaction?

jets
06-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I received a questionnaire from VW Aust.re. my satisfaction on their service.
Well I put it aside seeing an image in my mind of the suggestion box, without a bottom, mounted on the wall above the waste bin.
VW has since sent a second letter stating " This feedback will enable us to take specific action to optimise the quality of service provided to you by our VW dealers"
If there is any truth in their statement we should all fill out these surveys.
It's no good just discussing VW's weakness amongst ourselves if VW Aust. doesn't get to hear about it.
Quote from A.C.NIELSEN conducting survey " Your input into these decisions is important & the more people that participate the more the results we obtain truly reflect the spectrum of Australian society"
Pheew, I am now tired of typing!

Subie25L
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Well I put it aside seeing an image in my mind of the suggestion box, without a bottom, mounted on the wall above the waste bin.
VW has since sent a second letter stating " This feedback will enable us to take specific action to optimise the quality of service provided to you by our VW dealers"
It's no good just discussing VW's weakness amongst ourselves if VW Aust. doesn't get to hear about it.
Quote from A.C.NIELSEN conducting survey " Your input into these decisions is important & the more people that participate the more the results we obtain truly reflect the spectrum of Australian society"
Pheew, I am now tired of typing!

I got both as well. Also got the stealer calling me up asking me to fill it out. Also said if there was anything i wasn't going to give them a 10 on to tell them and they will rectify the problem.

Basically if the dealer gets good feedback then they get bigger bonuses from VW i think.

srbsta
06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
my dealer got a 10 from me :D

gtimk5
06-02-2007, 12:01 PM
The last 2 VWs I have bought, I recieved the questionaire from both VW and the dealer on the same day. Pays to fill em out truthfully so maybe they might just make some changes if they get enouh of the same complaints.
And yes, its no good complaining about em if you arent prepared to give them your problems on the survey. I attached an extra piece to my survey saying what really upset me during my 5 1/2 month wait.
Cheers, Andrew :)

Tricky
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
my dealer got a 10 from me :D

I tend to wait as long as possible, in case something goes wrong with the car post delivery... that way the original salesman is still keen to sort it all out... "I was just about to fill out your satisfaction questionnaire this afternoon, when I noticed that [insert problem]" j:

But in the end I will fill it in and give them a 10 if they deserve it. Fair enough really.

Dr Spine
06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I hope that I get my survey in the mail soon. I bought my car in Sept 06 and it will be the first decent contact the company has given me. This is the first VW that I've bought, and based on how happy I've been with my car, it probably won't be the last. I must say this though. I find it difficult to believe that VW Australia can exhibit what to me at least seems like such a complete lack of interest in a purchaser of their vehicles and his attitudes.

If I was VW Australia I'd have a letter of congratulations sent to the new owner within a few weeks of the purchase, followed a few weeks later by a questionaire to gauge satisfaction. This vindicates the buyers decision in his own mind and makes him feel valued. I'd also regularly communicate with the owner via magazine (do they have only 2 a year!).

It's much more profitable (and easier) to create a future customer by making a current customer feel valued so that they want to return and buy another car.

I feel like I ceased to exist in the mind of VW Australia once I bought the car.
I probably only feel this way as my experience with VW so far couldn't possibly be more diametrically opposed to how brilliantly Subaru Australia look after a purchaser of one of their new cars. VW could learn A LOT from them.

Subie25L
06-02-2007, 02:49 PM
If I was VW Australia I'd have a letter of congratulations sent to the new owner within a few weeks of the purchase, followed a few weeks later by a questionaire to gauge satisfaction. This vindicates the buyers decision in his own mind and makes him feel valued. I'd also regularly communicate with the owner via magazine (do they have only 2 a year!).

Well i got all of that. - Haven't got a magazine yet though.

I bought my Subie second hand and still getting the subaru mag every quarter.

jets
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
In my case my only gripe was that I was told that the first service would take around 3 hrs. It did too, only they didn't start for 2.25 hrs. while I stooged around.They told me it would cost $360[see earlier thread]. I consider these comments an insult to my intelligence.
While there was no specific box to tick I wrote my comments next to service cost. It will be interesting to see if anyone contacts me.

brackie
07-02-2007, 06:01 AM
It's no good just discussing VW's weakness amongst ourselves if VW Aust. doesn't get to hear about it!

At the end of my questionairre there were some items that really had little to do with me buying a VW. They were research about the person.... (Me) that could be on-sold. I refused to answer them, then rang VW and told them why.

Never having before bought a new car I was surprised and pleased to get any followup from the manufacturer. I'm pleased that VW is gauging customer satisfaction with the interface...the Dealer. Hopefully this will provide better service and force sales people to thoroughly research the product. An example of this lack of knowledge is that I was not made aware of options regarding the changes to VAGCOM settings that are available. I should have been. Really, the dealer should sit down with the techie and the customer and say, "Do you want this or do you want that...." so that the car has the options that are really needed. It's a bit like buying a hamburger, "Do you want mayo? fries, sauce?....."

As for servicing, I'm their worst nightmare. I will stand outsde the workshop and watch everything that's done to the car and how long it takes to do it. That car is a big investment (next to a house the biggest most people make in their lives) and I want it dealt with correctly. In terms of servicing I have always done my own, so when the car goes into a workshop I also want to know that I'm getting what I pay for.

gtimk5
07-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey Jets!
$360 is a ripoff mate! That is crazy. Sure, the oil is expensive, love to find out their labour charge.
And I am thinking that noone will contact you, sorry. I have done a couple of surveys now and with the GTI and the run around I received, I gave both barrels but no reply.
In fact, after ordering my GTI, I contacts VW to ask if there was any chance that the car could be earlier than the initial 4 month thing that I was told. I was the first to order one in Tassie after there release.
VW sent back an email stating that no, it wouldnt be earlier as every Mk5 GTI for the universe was built in Africa (rubbish!!!!!) and that Australia was such a small market other countries would have preference.
Cheers, Andrew :)

JBSGTI
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
My dealer mentioned this survey to me at my delivery today. He said VW dont send them out to every new VW owner and he was instructed to inform people of this fact. He said there is some psychology behind it that if everyone thinks they get a survey, they are less likely to fill it in as they think the next person will bother. Apparently, if people feel they are "selected" to complete the survey and not just sent one automatically they are more inclined to complete it and complete it more accurately? - I suppose that makes abit of sense!