PDA

View Full Version : VIC Mk3 UK 8v GTI

golf3
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Spotted a black Mk3 UK spec 8v GTI today at some mechanic in Canterbury.
It still has it's UK plates on it!

Being UK spec, it's practically a VR6 with a 2.0L 8v engine...
Same exterior bits, recaro style seats, 280mm brakes, 5 lug hubs, suspension, etc...

Obviously it's just been imported and getting rego'd in AUS!

VR6child
06-10-2009, 02:54 PM
that is seriously sweet.

GoLfMan
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
is that a black one Sean???

Jarred
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
i've seen this exact car!

did you stop by to check it was an 8V, i was hoping for an ABF under the hood!

golf3
06-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Of course I stopped and had a look because I thought I may have lost my individuality of having the only mk3 with an ABF in Vic that I know of!!!

The mechanic is on Prospect Hill Rd, just up from Riversdale Station.

Oh, and Jarred and Josh...
I've spotted you two one night in the white GLD going through Camberwell junction a couple of weeks back! I even waved to you as I had a smoke out the front of Player's. And then the other day I spotted Jarred in the Audi going along Camberwell Rd towards Camberwell VW... Once again...No wave... :(

Water Boy
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Cool :eek:

Jarred
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Yea I saw you the other day when I was in the Audi, I just didn't realise it was you until it was too late!

The other night must have been saturday night 2 sats ago. We're on our way to a party down in Hawthorn, didn't see you though! Must have been to busy paying attention to the road! lol.

oh, and shattered its not an ABF. I find it odd that someone would bring a rusty (guessing here..) old 8V mk 3 GTI from the UK. but who am I to judge I guess.

velly_16v_cab
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
3 or 5 door?

the uk GTI's are nice car's, tho the 8v isnt the quickest thing about its a nice driving car.
love to know who's it is:banana:

GoLfMan
07-10-2009, 07:13 AM
3 or 5 door?

the uk GTI's are nice car's, tho the 8v isnt the quickest thing about its a nice driving car.
love to know who's it is:banana:

5 door bro :)

GoLfMan
07-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Of course I stopped and had a look because I thought I may have lost my individuality of having the only mk3 with an ABF in Vic that I know of!!!

The mechanic is on Prospect Hill Rd, just up from Riversdale Station.

Oh, and Jarred and Josh...
I've spotted you two one night in the white GLD going through Camberwell junction a couple of weeks back! I even waved to you as I had a smoke out the front of Player's. And then the other day I spotted Jarred in the Audi going along Camberwell Rd towards Camberwell VW... Once again...No wave... :(

bugger bro, if i saw you I would have waved!!

yup we are talking about the exact car Sean :D

Lorenz
07-10-2009, 08:07 AM
As if you would bring another 5 door over!!
2door 16v gti would have been soooo much better!!!