PDA

View Full Version : Are VW dealers serious about sales?

VW Convert
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
As some of you will know, my beloved Jetta was written off in August just before I headed off to Italy for a long holiday. Now that I知 back, I want to replace it with another VW but I知 having second thoughts due to the apparent lack of desire by VW dealers to actually get off their collective backsides and sell me a new car.

When I bought the Jetta in 2006 I felt the dealerships were somewhat arrogant. I visited 3 dealerships, one refused to give me a price unless I was ready to sign on the spot, another promised to get back to me with a price but did not do so and ultimately I bought from the 3rd dealership despite having to chase the dealer many times to get the deal done and even then, the whole process ultimately degenerated into a farce due to their incompetence.

I visited my local dealer痴 showroom on Saturday September 21st and spoke to the salesman (the same salesman that sold me my Jetta), we discussed various cars and I asked what was available to suit my requirements. Whilst he was checking on the computer, the system failed and he promised he would look into it and call me to advise what was available. I did not hear back from him and eventually called the dealership on Tuesday 29th September, it was his RDO so I left a message for him to call me, I have heard nothing since and on principle I will NOT call again. I bought the car from this dealer, I had all the servicing done by the dealer and in return I am totally ignored when I want to buy another new car.

Having come to the conclusion that this dealer does not want my business, and not having a great deal of time on my hands, I sent an e-mail via their websites to four VW dealers in Sydney at around 4.30 PM Wednesday detailing the car I am looking for and giving various choices that I would accept. I received 3 auto responses promising to respond to my enquiry shortly, it痴 now mid Friday morning and I have not had a single response.

I felt pretty cranky about this so on Thursday afternoon at around 4.00 PM I contacted VWA via their website, I知 interested to see what if any response there will be. The questions that come to my mind are why the hell should I have to pursue the dealers to sell me a car? Is my business not worth their trouble? Are they so flush with orders that another sale does not matter? If they treat me like this before I buy a car, how would they treat me in the case of any dispute after I bought the car?

I'll be checking out other brands of car this weekend.

Cheers

George

Greg Roles
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Go an Audi mate!

It does amaze me that in this day and age of crisis, poor sales and overall increasing competition, that customer service is lacking more and more.

I found going outside the city got me a decent level of service as the dealer WANTED the sale. Perhaps a few country phonecalls mate?

Surely someone on here can recommend a few of the Sydney rural dealers who remember that in sales, the customer comes first.

02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
George, I have exactly the same problem. I always though it was more to do with the fact that I was part of their 'younger' customers, and they simply assumed I couldn't afford a VW. I even had better customer service from BMW - he was actually quite helpful and willing to do deals in order to get a sale.

Might have to follow Greg's advice above and see what dealers outside of Brisbane are like!

neil
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Its the same old story George.
It makes you think if VW dealers where actually interested in selling cars their National sales would look better.
Just like you, how many people are out there who gave up on the brand due to the dealer.

Took me 5 dealers to be able to even get a ride.
Parra no
Gosford no
Hornsby no
Newcastle no
Chatswood yes

I had not decided whether I wanted a Golf or Jetta and was told by the first 4 to come back for a test drive
when I had decided which one I want.

Thankfully I plan to keep mine for many years to come and wont have to deal with another dealer for years.

Perseverance George, If you have gone back looking for another VW you must realize the brand is good.
Why not look at a decent motor this time, I think the Jetta now has the 77kw TDI with 7speed DSG. :biggrin:
You'll be a real VW convert then.

static1800
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Have you guys spoken to management about your experiences? i'm sure they would be very interested in your feedback, if they arn't escalate it further to VWA

neil
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Have you guys spoken to management about your experiences? i'm sure they would be very interested in your feedback, if they arn't escalate it further to VWA

I think part of the problem is VWA
When I first bought the car I did the VWA survey thing and let them know my experience,however no response from them.

I've read many post with VWA issue and getting nowhere with them either.

gregozedobe
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I think many of these problems are are a direct result of the business model used for new car sales. The following are generalisations, and I'm sure there are some exceptions, but you will get the gist of what I'm on about.

Because of the way they are paid (ie much emphasis on commissions, less on salary) the sales people behave more like independent contractors with a primary focus on looking after their own selfish interests, rather than the interests of the dealer, and not looking after the reputation of the brand in general. As for working with or helping out a dealership owned by a different dealer principal to help a customer, well I suspect that is very rare event indeed (based on my new car buying experiences over the last 34 years anyway).

Consequently, if a sales person thinks you aren't likely to buy from them they will exert almost no effort to help you. From their perspective that is the rational thing to do, they won't make any money from you, so why bother doing any work ?

Of course they sometimes decide you aren't a serious buyer when you actually are, and that is where they lose out on sales (and commissions). I've walked away from a dealership that had the exact car I wanted because the salesman wouldn't let me and my missus take it for a short test drive (and no it wasn't already sold). I made sure I rang the dealer principal once I had bought the same model car from a different dealership so he knew why his dealership missed out on the sale.

I think what happens with emails at some dealerships is that they see emails as coming from someone who is shopping around for the best possible price, so if the salesperson knows that their dealership won't compete on price with other "hungrier" dealerships, then again, why would they bother exerting themselves and answering emails if it won't lead to a sale.

Another problem with car sales in general (used as well as new), is that it is percieved as a "zero-sum" game by both parties ie the less the buyer pays the less profit there is for the dealer and therefore the less commission there is for the salesperson.

So it often starts out as an adversarial process where a gain by one party is seen as a loss by the other. This leads the buyer to feel they are being manipulated by the salesperson to pay more than they should, and the salesperson to believe the buyer is trying to get the car too cheaply, thus not leaving a fair profit for the dealer (and therefore too low a commission for the salesperson).

So it is quite possible for both parties to be unhappy with the final transaction (which is quite sad if you think about it).

In the US some manufacturers have started to run their own dealerships and salesgroups with more emphasis on salary and less on commission. In theory this could work better, but would probably lead to less bargaining on price (for those that enjoy doing this). It should lead to more shared interests between the manufacture of the car and those people who sell it.

anthony_VWJET
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Heres an alternative, buy low km, well taken care of second hand...:P

Big Yellow
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
have you tried interstate?

from my personal experience, the dealer i got my car from was very helpful and gave me an execeptional price over the phone on the first call.

team_v
02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Easy solution is going through a car broker.

It may cost a little more upfront but you cut all the hassels of contacting dealers and can even end up with a cheaper car due to discounts and alternative dealers.

Greg Roles
02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Jon, Maroochy were FANTASTIC with me, I made a time and went in and drove the GTI, TDI and TSI as much as I wanted, stayed there for almost 5 hours. Drove a few twice! They pulled (my) GT TDI from wrapping plastic and prepped it for a drive for me while I waited, purely on their recommendation that I'd like it. I remember scoffing at the time of the thought of a "performance" diesel, yet they went to the trouble. Plus they offer their own dealer warranty if you return there for servicing. Yeah it's a dealer warranty, but it's a nice touch. Perhaps it's simply the fact I'm such a good looking, charismatic guy, but surely it can't always be due to that.

Also Toowoomba won dealer of the year last year, and I've heard good things about them too.

Seems if you take a drive out of the smoke ( into the dust? ) the "country" folk are a bit more keen to help you out. It sure made for a fun, run in, drive home through the mountains!:banana:

VW Convert
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Its the same old story George.
It makes you think if VW dealers where actually interested in selling cars their National sales would look better.
Just like you, how many people are out there who gave up on the brand due to the dealer.

Parra no
Gosford no
Hornsby no
Newcastle no
Chatswood yes

I had not decided whether I wanted a Golf or Jetta and was told by the first 4 to come back for a test drive
when I had decided which one I want.

Thankfully I plan to keep mine for many years to come and wont have to deal with another dealer for years.

Perseverance George, If you have gone back looking for another VW you must realize the brand is good.
Why not look at a decent motor this time, I think the Jetta now has the 77kw TDI with 7speed DSG. :biggrin:
You'll be a real VW convert then.

That's pretty ordinary isn't it Neil. Yes, I do think the VW product is good but I will now be considering other brands because customer service is as important as the product and to be frank I don't think the VW dealers deserve to get the sale.

Not sure I'm man enough to handle 77KW! :biggrin:

Cheers

George

VW Convert
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Got a call from one of the four dealers at about 11.30 AM and had a discussion about availability and price. So far he is about 2,500 above the indicative price from the first dealer but will pay him a visit tomorrow and see what happens.

Got a call from another dealer (the one that promised to quote but didn't when I was looking to buy the Jetta). He promised to check stock and call back in 20 minutes......that was at 1.45 PM.......nothing since.

VWA.........their response has been no response! Why am I not surprised?

Cheers

George

VW Convert
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM

I'll be contacting the DP of those dealers after I buy a car (whether it be a VW or not) to explain why they missed the sale.

I e-mailed VWA yesterday, no response.

Cheers

George

VW Convert
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
When I first bought the car I did the VWA survey thing and let them know my experience,however no response from them.

I've read many post with VWA issue and getting nowhere with them either.

True Neil, I've read a number of posts re similar issues with Skoda Australia, the common factor is VWA. The culture appears to be one of disdain for customers and a change in culture can can only be driven from the top down.

Cheers

George

pixl
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM

+1

It really feels like they couldn't give two ****s.

Preen59
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I know where you're coming from, George..

If you want to go for a Drive... Try Iverach VW in Dubbo. Wonderful people to deal with. I bought the Caddy from them, because after shopping around they were the ONLY dealership that would play ball with me and they were excellent (I wouldn't even go near West Orange Motors.. Useless mob of wankers.).

I've only taken the Caddy back to Iverachs for the gearbox warranty job and that's it, but they had no hesitations and didn't jerk me around either time (first time was for GB oil and second time they put new synchros in it etc). I called them up and said hey here's the problem and they basically said yep no worries when can you bring it in. They gave me a loan car to drive back to orange the second time when it had to stay for a couple of days no questions asked too. :)

mikepologti
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
thankfully i didnt have the same problem up here on the coast infact when i put in an enquirey dealers were falling over them selves to sell me a car, to the point they were near on spaming my email and phone inbox. then again i brought my car at the beginning of the credit crunch ( due to necesity) so maybe that changes things. im starting to think car dealerships are very much location orientated, with regards to there sale techniques and even politeness. though i very understand where your coming from, if a dealership was making me do all the chasing and not returning calls. id be going else where.

vanDub
04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I used an online car broking firm (am prepared to name them). Got excellent service and they shopped all over Oz for the best deal. I live in Townsville and bought the car from Wodonga (great service), had it trucked to Melbourne, flew wife and I to Melbourne to pick it up and still saved $2000 over local stealers price.

Best of all I had no hassles as all the haggling was done by broker. I just had to say "yes" when they got back to me with their best deal (its all done by putting the job out to tender, usually as part of a larger overall order).

You have absolutely nothing to lose by giving them a go as it costs you nothing!!!!

mikinoz
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
There are a number of closer alternatives, like Cambelltown, Moss Vale and Woollongong that may have more of a non city attitude.

Manaz
04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Parra no
Gosford no
Hornsby no
Newcastle no
Chatswood yes

I had the same experience at Parra. They're hopeless. I was considering a new Mk5 R32 at the time, and they just ignored me. They also largely ignored my inlaws when they were looking for a car recently - I had to go and stand at the sales desk and say "You see the couple over there, who've been looking at the Golf for the last 15 minutes? You might want to go see them before they spend their $40k somewhere else (they ended up with a Mazda 3).

Chatswood were also hopeless. I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me after 30 minutes looking at cars (Golfs and Passats), let alone get a drive.

Barloworld were keen to talk to me, but refused to shift on price even though I had a quote from another dealership in writing that beat theirs by ~$5k.

Hornsby (McCarrols) were great - I got to drive an R32 (manual) and a GTI (DSG) - I wanted a DSG R32, but they didn't have one on the lot, so the GTI drive was to give me the familiarity with the DSG gearbox.

If I'm in the market for a new or used VW, McCarrols is the first place I'll go.

anthony
04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I bought my Jetta from a dealership in Melbourne who proved to be ordinary...so I now use another for warranty /servicing work,and they have proven to be outstanding.
George I hope you land up getting another Jetta,or at least another VW product,because if you dont,you might regret it...

VW Convert
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I bought my Jetta from a dealership in Melbourne who proved to be ordinary...so I now use another for warranty /servicing work,and they have proven to be outstanding.
George I hope you land up getting another Jetta,or at least another VW product,because if you dont,you might regret it...

Ended up shopping for a car yesterday, bought a new one which will be delivered later this week. Going to keep you in suspense for the moment though! :biggrin:

Cheers

George

Psyk
04-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Can anyone share car brokers they've used?

I'm interested in using this method too as I'm kinda over dealing with dealers. More and more buyers these days are well educated when forking out the next biggest financial outlay after a house...

I think it would be a great idea to have manufacturer owned dealerships or subsidiaries with less commission based sales reps and more salary based 'customer consultant' oriented selling.

maca
04-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Ended up shopping for a car yesterday, bought a new one which will be delivered later this week. Going to keep you in suspense for the moment though! :biggrin:

Cheers

George
Whatever you bought (provided it's not a VW from those dealerships), let them know that you didn't buy from them solely due to their lack of service. Make sure you include every fine detail so they can envy the dealer you bought your car from and they'll now know that you were a serious buyer willing to spend the $$$$.

vanDub
05-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Can anyone share car brokers they've used?

http://www.privatefleet.com.au/

jettapilot
07-10-2009, 05:52 PM
I looked at Private Fleet. They couldn't better the price from Chatswood CC with fleet discount.

For what it's worth, I've bought two cars from Chatswood, from two differenct sales guys and I have no complaints.

Try Rob. He's good value.

Greg Roles
07-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Goddess of dawn... :P

Hope you don't get a burnt noggin Georgie!

VW Convert
07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Goddess of dawn... :P

Hope you don't get a burnt noggin Georgie!

I'll wear a hat Greg!

Funny thing is, I finally got a reply from VWA today (only took 6 days):-

"Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to the lack of response received on various sales queries throughout the Volkswagen dealership network.

Please be assured that this feedback will be reviewed and acted upon by the relevant department within Volkswagen Australia. Further, we have passed your details on to the relevant department who will be in touch should they wish to discuss this matter further."

What the hell does that mean?

Cheers

George

Golf Loon
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Glad you are staying in the fold George.

I know my Greek mythology, I think you will be happy with the car :)

Hope you got the optional Lexus proof paint protection.

Preen59
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Greek mythology hey?

I hear she likes taking her top off.... :emo_baghead:

VW Convert
07-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Glad you are staying in the fold George.

I know my Greek mythology, I think you will be happy with the car :)

Hope you got the optional Lexus proof paint protection.

I'm sure I'll love it Matt. Don't know about Lexus proof paint protection but I've arranged DMS Dan to weave his magic on it soon after delivery.

Cheers

George

VW Convert
07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Greek mythology hey?

I hear she likes taking her top off.... :emo_baghead:

Sounds like my style of goddess.........err I mean car! LOL

3 more sleeps!!!!!

Hey Chris, I just remembered, I went to a party a couple of weeks ago, met a guy who used to work at the Electrolux factory in Orange. Said he knows Max pretty well............he couldn't remember you though!

Cheers

George

Preen59
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds like my style of goddess.........err I mean car! LOL

3 more sleeps!!!!!

Hey Chris, I just remembered, I went to a party a couple of weeks ago, met a guy who used to work at the Electrolux factory in Orange. Said he knows Max pretty well............he couldn't remember you though!

Cheers

George

Hahahaha yes that's exactly what i thought!

Yeah my Uncle worked in the engineering office for a long time. And once apon a time in the Toolroom too.

anthony
07-10-2009, 10:06 PM
George,I was worried...
But am thrilled you are getting another stunning VW.
I wonder what happened to your Jetta though...probably rebuilt,and sold,looking as good as new...

pinzvidz
07-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Interesting thread. There are some VW dealers in SE QLD who are in the same boat - don't attend to you in the yard/showroom, don't return your calls, etc. etc. But it's not just before sales, there's aftersales retention that goes out the door as well.

Here's a corker that made me decide never to use one VW dealer in particular, ever again!

We initially bought our MKV GTI from them, after a little bit of stuffing around with a few dealers. Only prob noted after delivery was all the fine scratches in the paintwork from where the detailers... cough... dropkick yardies... had probably just rinsed the car and wiped it down with a chamois without washing it properly. I couldn't be bothered taking it back, as most detailers have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I knew they'd never be able to fix it properly. I had a mate who's a professional car restorer make it look like a million bucks with many hours spent doing some magic 3M machine glazing.

Anyways, my sis-in-law wanted to buy a Polo GTI. Both her and my brother visited Gold Coast VW first. They were completely ignored by dealership staff. After about 20 mins they left - sorry Frizzilles, you lost a sale. So I decided to steer my sis-in-law towards the dealer we bought the GTI from. All smooth sailing, did a cracker deal on one in stock. Her car traded-in and out she drove in the nice new Polo GTI. All good. However...

Her trade-in was with encumbered with Esanda and as a part of the deal the trade-in was to be paid out by the dealership. Pretty much standard practice. But, she'd noticed that Esanda were still talking payments out of her bank account a month or so after the car was traded. Whoa!

My brother rang the dealer - first excuse was they were waiting for their Esanda Abacus system to be fixed. Once it was fixed, they'd sort the payout. No mention of an apology, or reimbursement or anything. My brother told me this and I said they were speaking bullpoo. (btw, I'm a business manager for a Toyota/Mazda dealer, so I've got a good understanding of how all this works). I said to him the dealer already had the payout figure, the validity date and contract number, and that's all that was required. I said to him they don't need an Esanda program to pay it out.

So he rings them back - next excuse is the financial controller had shot through and left the place in a mess. More lies. I said to my brother that a financial controller in a dealership has nothing to do with arranging payouts. That's normally done by an admin person who handles banking after the information has been given to him/her by the salesperson. They either write a cheque or arrange a direct deposit. Simple. And besides, they were now trying to sell the car on the used car lot while it was STILL encumbered!

He rings a third time - this time he's told it's their finance/insurance manager's fault because he's been slack. Lies, lies, lies...

I said to my brother to leave it with me. I called asking for the salesman, he wasn't there, so I left a message asking for him to call me ASAP. Surprisingly an hour or so later, my brother rings and ask "What did you do, did you threaten them or something?" I said that I left a message and didn't progress any further. He said the salesman had rung him, told him the payout was being sorted straight away, and the money Esanda had taken would be reimbursed to my sis-in-law.

Strangely enough, the salesman that sold the Polo GTI to my sis-in-law was no longer working for the dealership after the payout disaster was sorted.

This whole stuffaround left a sour taste in my mouth - I certainly won't be using this dealer in question again. It sort of turned me off VW in general as well. Sigh...

Sorry about my long drawn out bit of a rant.

maca
08-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Interesting thread. There are some VW dealers in SE QLD who are in the same boat - don't attend to you in the yard/showroom, don't return your calls, etc. etc. But it's not just before sales, there's aftersales retention that goes out the door as well.

Here's a corker that made me decide never to use one VW dealer in particular, ever again!

We initially bought our MKV GTI from them, after a little bit of stuffing around with a few dealers. Only prob noted after delivery was all the fine scratches in the paintwork from where the detailers... cough... dropkick yardies... had probably just rinsed the car and wiped it down with a chamois without washing it properly. I couldn't be bothered taking it back, as most detailers have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I knew they'd never be able to fix it properly. I had a mate who's a professional car restorer make it look like a million bucks with many hours spent doing some magic 3M machine glazing.

Anyways, my sis-in-law wanted to buy a Polo GTI. Both her and my brother visited Gold Coast VW first. They were completely ignored by dealership staff. After about 20 mins they left - sorry Frizzilles, you lost a sale. So I decided to steer my sis-in-law towards the dealer we bought the GTI from. All smooth sailing, did a cracker deal on one in stock. Her car traded-in and out she drove in the nice new Polo GTI. All good. However...

Her trade-in was with encumbered with Esanda and as a part of the deal the trade-in was to be paid out by the dealership. Pretty much standard practice. But, she'd noticed that Esanda were still talking payments out of her bank account a month or so after the car was traded. Whoa!

My brother rang the dealer - first excuse was they were waiting for their Esanda Abacus system to be fixed. Once it was fixed, they'd sort the payout. No mention of an apology, or reimbursement or anything. My brother told me this and I said they were speaking bullpoo. (btw, I'm a business manager for a Toyota/Mazda dealer, so I've got a good understanding of how all this works). I said to him the dealer already had the payout figure, the validity date and contract number, and that's all that was required. I said to him they don't need an Esanda program to pay it out.

So he rings them back - next excuse is the financial controller had shot through and left the place in a mess. More lies. I said to my brother that a financial controller in a dealership has nothing to do with arranging payouts. That's normally done by an admin person who handles banking after the information has been given to him/her by the salesperson. They either write a cheque or arrange a direct deposit. Simple. And besides, they were now trying to sell the car on the used car lot while it was STILL encumbered!

He rings a third time - this time he's told it's their finance/insurance manager's fault because he's been slack. Lies, lies, lies...

I said to my brother to leave it with me. I called asking for the salesman, he wasn't there, so I left a message asking for him to call me ASAP. Surprisingly an hour or so later, my brother rings and ask "What did you do, did you threaten them or something?" I said that I left a message and didn't progress any further. He said the salesman had rung him, told him the payout was being sorted straight away, and the money Esanda had taken would be reimbursed to my sis-in-law.

Strangely enough, the salesman that sold the Polo GTI to my sis-in-law was no longer working for the dealership after the payout disaster was sorted.

This whole stuffaround left a sour taste in my mouth - I certainly won't be using this dealer in question again. It sort of turned me off VW in general as well. Sigh...

Sorry about my long drawn out bit of a rant.
Hmm I wonder which VW that could be...

That's why I go to Southport. Yes it's a 70km, but they've looked after me ever since I made the call enquiring about their black Jetta. So the drive is worth it IMO..

Sorry to hear about your experience with the dealers in S.E. Queensland. There are a few new ones opened up so let's hope they don't ruin their names...

Ps George... YOU HAVE TO GIVE US A HINT!!!!

Greg Roles
08-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Macca ol mate, this is as embarassing for you as the "plug" episode....

Did you somehow miss all the references to topless driving in this thread?

How many convertables do VW do then hmm?

Sharp as a tack!:rolleyes:

maca
08-10-2009, 10:51 AM

Hahaha i thought every had forgotten about that!!

It could always be the IS250C?? :P but crap.. I didn't even pick up on the fact it was a VW..

ipy
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
...Hornsby (McCarrols) were great - I got to drive an R32 (manual) and a GTI (DSG) - I wanted a DSG R32, but they didn't have one on the lot, so the GTI drive was to give me the familiarity with the DSG gearbox.

If I'm in the market for a new or used VW, McCarrols is the first place I'll go.
+1, we bought our Passat 2+ years ago from Hornsby (McCarrols) & we got great service. Their after sales/follow-up service is pretty good as well.

VW Convert
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
+1, we bought our Passat 2+ years ago from Hornsby (McCarrols) & we got great service. Their after sales/follow-up service is pretty good as well.

They were one of the dealers that did not respond to my e-mail. I intend to let them (as well as the others) know why they did not get my business.

Cheers

George

Preen59
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It could always be the IS250C?? :P but crap.. I didn't even pick up on the fact it was a VW..

Gees dude.. I think you need to change your forum name to lightning! :banana:

ipy
08-10-2009, 04:06 PM
They were one of the dealers that did not respond to my e-mail. I intend to let them (as well as the others) know why they did not get my business.

Cheers

George
Perhaps they are not e-mail savvy like some :eek:. Sorry to hear of your experience with them. I recently sent the Passat back for a paint protection touch-up & was provided a courtesy VW for the day. A week? later, I received a call from them making sure the service provided then was satisfactory. BTW, this is my only VW purchase from them.

About 3 months ago, I brought a friend to McCarrols who wanted to test drive the Jetta/Tiguan & there were no issues. In fact, we were there quite late on a Saturday afternoon ie: just before closing but we were still allowed to test drive the car on our own. The friend also wanted to test drive a Jetta but the model he was after was not available but was told to return another time/day when the model becomes available.

I gather some of the services provided by dealers may not always be consistent across but generally I have quite a positive experience with them & not just with VW though....

VW Convert
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Perhaps they are not e-mail savvy like some :eek:.

If that is the case, perhaps they should remove the "contact us" tab from their website. E-mail is a legitimite form of contact that is made legitimite by companies that offer customers an avenue to contact via e-mail.

Cheers

George

VW Convert
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Hey Maca,

Gee mate, I thought Godess of dawn was a pretty good hint, Google is your friend! LOL

Cheers

George

ipy
08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
If that is the case, perhaps they should remove the "contact us" tab from their website. E-mail is a legitimite form of contact that is made legitimite by companies that offer customers an avenue to contact via e-mail.

Cheers

George
Agree & sometimes I think companies do that & not really monitor their in-box as rigour as they should....definitely a lesson to be learned for them/dealers.

Dubdabest
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Cheers

George

Maybe try the VW dealer in Brookvale? When I was shopping around 3 yrs ago they were the nicest salesmen off all VW dealers I visited... shame they couldn't cut a good deal :P

maca
08-10-2009, 07:24 PM
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gees dude.. I think you need to change your forum name to lightning! :banana:

haha i would if i could.. I'm the sharpest and brightest person on here... Obviously

Hey Maca,

Gee mate, I thought Godess of dawn was a pretty good hint, Google is your friend! LOL

Cheers

George

ohh jeez, just another thing i didn't pick up on!! I'm going to my corner now... Haha