PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Assembly / Adjustment / Adjusting questions

logger
01-10-2009, 11:39 PM
How is High beam height adjusted on standard mk6 lights? I would like my hi beams raised just slightly. Tried letting rear tires down to 5psi but the beams wandered all over the place around bends. Is it accomplished mechanically (screwdrivers etc) or electronically (perhaps vag-com). I know the low beams are easy to adjust with the knob and have read how Xenons on other models self level but I just want to know how to bump my Hi Beams up a bit.

mr gee
02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
If you view down from the top, there is a white screw with a hex slotted head near the rear of each headlight unit. Thats the vertical adjustment screw.

logger
03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Beaut thanks for that. Just what I was after. Will see if I can tweak them up a bit.

solistics
25-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Whilst swapping out the stock W5W DRL's with Philips Blue Vision bulbs I snapped the bulb carrier (stupid, I know). I have a replacement but I'll need to remove the headlight cluster to get the old one out with a pair of pliers.

Does anyone know how to do this? I removed the logical looking screws and the cluster is loose but not free. There seems to be another screw lower in the assembly that I can't get to.

Any thoughts, videos, diagrams?

Umai Naa!!
26-07-2010, 11:05 PM
The front bumper will need to come off.

There'll be at least 4 T25 Torx screws down each side, 8 or so along the bottom, and a few obvious ones around the grille area, along the top. The bumper and grille come out together on removal, but need to be separated, and installed individually (bumper first, then grille).

solistics
27-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Umai....I was afraid of that. Sounds similar to the MKV.