PDA

View Full Version : RS - a reasonable discount atm?

nyc863
01-10-2009, 08:42 PM
So I'm looking around for an facelift RS DSG with a couple of options and I am getting the hint that the dealer will accept ~4k off list. I think that is about 10% off their price (but not mine of course). Is it worthwhile to push a bit harder?

I've a low mileage (15k!) 06 golf V dsg. I have no clue if these cars are moving on the private market. Trade-in? or sell privately?

ps: wish I could swap over the heated seat option from the golf!

thanks!

backdoc
01-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I just bought my 2010 Petrol DSG octavia rs wagon yesterday! Ordered in candy white. I optioned the tow bar (almost $2000 and no after market), full leather and sunroof. List price was $51,500 with these options but I bargained hard. Got it under $4XXXX! I thought that was good.

Not sure about your heated seat comment, but they come standard on the rs, even without full leather option. I sold my Mark V R32 privately and still got good money....better than trade in.

After some thought better to keep price out of it! Sorry!

dazag
01-10-2009, 10:12 PM
is that 45K on the road??

backdoc
01-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Drive away! I think that was a very good price. George at Richmond was a really great guy and I liked him alot but he wasn't able to match that. Had to go elsewhere unfortunately.

Graybags
01-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Thats a great price can I ask where you went? Yes George is a pleasure to deal with.
-gt

nyc863
02-10-2009, 12:19 AM
was the leather and sunroof factory? my sales guy said, oh, we can add leather to any car we just send it round the corner and unlike factory it is full leather, not partial.. for about the same price. (same for sunroof - visions of some guy with a dremel crouching on the roof).

Anyway thanks for the pricing info that is helpful.

gregozedobe
02-10-2009, 01:10 AM
The pre-facelift vRS' had partial leather as std (microfibre in the centre panel), are the FL vRS' different ?

paul_segr
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
The pre-facelift vRS' had partial leather as std (microfibre in the centre panel), are the FL vRS' different ?

The standard interior on the FL vRS is pretty much the same as the previous, model, however, like bacdoc said you can now get full leather as an option (for about $3k I think).

K1W1
02-10-2009, 08:30 AM
(same for sunroof - visions of some guy with a dremel crouching on the roof).

That's about correct.
The major difference between a factory roof and a locally fitted one is the edge finish.
Factory roofs have the hole cut before the car is painted so the edges are rolled and everything fits flush. Locally fitted roofs generally have an edge fascia strip (black plastic usually) around the hole to neaten up the cut. You can get locally fitted roofs with rolled edges but then it's huge dollars because the roof has to be resprayed.
The actual sunroof mechanism is often the same. Most factory roofs are made by Webasto or American sunroof corp and they also make the after market kits.

backdoc
02-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Thats a great price can I ask where you went? Yes George is a pleasure to deal with.
-gt

I'm not sure what the etiquette is regarding that sort of stuff but lets just say it is the newest Skoda dealer in Melbourne and I think they are looking for some early sales to get things going.

nyc863
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
by the way, I couldn't drive the RS it was too hard to extract from the lot or something.

Is the ride significantly less compliant than the golf comfortline tdi? (not golf gti). I realize it will ride a little firmer but did anyone find it family unfriendly, so they went for a superb or a regular octy or whatever?

Bayford Skoda
02-10-2009, 10:26 AM
The standard interior on the FL vRS is pretty much the same as the previous, model, however, like bacdoc said you can now get full leather as an option (for about $3k I think).

Full leather interior is a $1490 option from factory. It also has vRS embossed into the leather as opposed to embroided like the the standard seats.

I would post a picture of the Race Blue RS wagon I have in the showroom with full leather interior but im not sure how to.

gregozedobe
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
by the way, I couldn't drive the RS it was too hard to extract from the lot or something.

Is the ride significantly less compliant than the golf comfortline tdi? (not golf gti). I realize it will ride a little firmer but did anyone find it family unfriendly, so they went for a superb or a regular octy or whatever?

You should really take one for a test drive. You are the ONLY person who can say whether the ride of a particular car is acceptable to you or if it is just too harsh.

I found the ride of the vRS was more compliant than the Golf GTI, but I haven't driven a Golf comfortline. The vRS is harsh on sharp edges (eg bridges where the transition from road to bridge is not level). I found the ride and handling of the std Octys (not sports suspension) a bit soft and floaty for my tastes, but unless you have identical preferences to me my opinion isn't really that helpful for you.

In the UK it is quite common for vRS owners to fit Koni FSD shocks, mainly for the better ride they give (but the improvement in handling is a bonus).

Just to repeat myself, go for a decent test drive on the type of roads you normally drive on, that way you can make an informed decision and you won't be wondering later whether you made the right decision or not.

Graybags
02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure what the etiquette is regarding that sort of stuff but lets just say it is the newest Skoda dealer in Melbourne and I think they are looking for some early sales to get things going.

Yeah thats cool. Sure beats the other Melbourne dealer hands down (not Richmond:brutal:)

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to say a quick hi and introduce ourselves to the community. My name is Chris and i along with Chris Mure are heading up the Skoda division in Mentone. The site is finally operational as of Monday and we would obviously be happy to help anyone who intends to purchase or service the Skoda product. In saying that though we are aware that this is not our sole function and also extend an invitation for any assistance required relating to the brand.

After browsing some of the posts we have become aware of some of the negative experiences with the brand thus far. Now although we are far from perfect we would like to make an attempt to lift the image of the brands service and buying experience at a dealership level where possible.

There has also been a lot of conjecture about the viability of the brand and although you are not familiar with us as a group yet i can assure you that the division at Mentone (a part of the Mentone Motor Group) see's a strong future in the brand and have taken this brand on with the foresight of success in the years to come. I know comments made about the brands viability and it's future are made with good intent but they are baseless, with the strong consumer and media support we have been getting the product will go from strength strength!!!

I look forward to meeting you all and exploring some of the vast knowledge in here, i am new to the brand and need all the help i can get.

Hope to hear from you soon

Chris