PDA

View Full Version : New R32 nearly here!

Panman
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi All, My new R32 arrives on the 20th!.....

Can't wait to get out in it!

Looking forward to chatting with you all about it and seeing some of you on the road!

gtimk5
04-02-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi Panman. welcome to the forum. :)
Thats exciting news, bet you are very excited!! All the best with the delivery. And you will our first Mk5 R32 member!
Cheers, Andrew :)

phaeton
04-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Welcome Panman :D

Thats great news what colour and spec (3dr/5dr) have you ordered ?

shaneth
04-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Welcome Panman, Good to see another Brisvegas member. Enjoty the forum. Look forward to catching up with you at the next cruise maybe.

Panman
04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for not letting you know the vital stats for my new baby.

Reflex Silver
5 Door - Regularly have to carry two 6 footers in the back, behind....
Recaros - Which are great, but, don't work perfectly with a three door.
Manual - I drove the DSG when they first came in, personal pref. was manual

Ordered in August last year!. Apparently Manual and Recaros is a hard combination to come by. :???:

Previous cars were Lancer GSR Turbo, WRX x 2, and 2 Door STi, so looking forward to getting back in to the performance world with people who are into their cars!. Look forward to meeting either here on the boards, or on a cruise!.:D

phaeton
04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Cool combo Panman :)

DubSteve
04-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Welcome Panman nice collection of cars you have had there, good to see that you have come and seen the light ;) Good to hear another dub driver tearing up Australia!!!

silverMK1
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for not letting you know the vital stats for my new baby.

Reflex Silver
5 Door - Regularly have to carry two 6 footers in the back, behind....
Recaros - Which are great, but, don't work perfectly with a three door.
Manual - I drove the DSG when they first came in, personal pref. was manual

Ordered in August last year!. Apparently Manual and Recaros is a hard combination to come by. :???:

Previous cars were Lancer GSR Turbo, WRX x 2, and 2 Door STi, so looking forward to getting back in to the performance world with people who are into their cars!. Look forward to meeting either here on the boards, or on a cruise!.:D

nice set of cars, what year was the 2 door STi, hard to come by arnt they.. bet that held its value.

Panman
04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
nice set of cars, what year was the 2 door STi, hard to come by arnt they.. bet that held its value.

Hi, The 2 door was one of the original 400 that came in in 1999, I bought it new (ordered it as soon as I found out they were coming).

Unfortunately, I had to sell it in 2001 as I was transferred overseas with work, and took a bath on it :( Subaru had imported the first batch of four doors and were having difficulty selling them which hurt the price of the 2s.

Great car at the time, but interior quality wasn't it's strong point. In the near three years I owned it, there were about 5 interior squeaks, groans and other noises from new that Subaru, I, and a couple of interior trimmers could not get rid of. :mad:

Was the president of the Qld WRX club for a while, which was good fun. Lots of performance driving opportunities in safe(ish) environments like Mt. Cotton, Morgan Park, QLD Raceway etc.

Tricky
04-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Even just 'manual' is pretty hard to come by! I asked about an R32 in manual a couple of months ago and was told none were being brought into the country until Feb/March 2007 - so sounds like you're getting one of the first manual R32s in the country!!

Congrats on the purchase, I will definitely see you around in Brisvegas. I'm going insane just having to wait 3 weeks for my GTi to be delivered - can't imagine what you've gone through waiting since October!

aprr32
04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Waited almost 12 months for my Golf 4 R32 which seemed like a lifetime, but absolutely worth every second of the wait.

Panman
06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I remember waiting 4 for the STi and that was bad enough, 7 months has been a complete pain.

Still, have two longish (500Km) plus trips planned for the first two weeks so it's not too bad.. :D