PDA

View Full Version : krafty scammers !

dubsweeper
29-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Unbelievable, its not the first time with me , but i get this email stating i will purchase your car ! my audi , tho he is a marine engineer offshore , and wants it for his nephew ??? lol
but the only way he can pay is via paypal !! an engineer without a internet bank acc. hmmm
He like offerd me more than it was and says it will be a smooth transaction :eek:
has this happend to anyone else ? this was on a car sales section , a free one is why i got a dodgy response via email ! :(

team_v
29-09-2009, 06:34 PM
It is more than likely to be a scam.

If it is through paypay you should be covered if you make sure that payment is to be received before the car is shipped, however, i have read something similar to this and they got no money.

NickZ
29-09-2009, 06:55 PM
It is definitely a scam - he will suggest he will pay via paypal and then probably send you fraudulent emails confirming payment, etc. Avoid at all costs.

dubsweeper
29-09-2009, 07:26 PM
just seems odd for him that he will oganise pick up ect...
as said its got to be legit !!!

mikinoz
29-09-2009, 08:44 PM
PayPal payments can be disputed and reversed very easily. I would not do it.

dubsweeper
29-09-2009, 08:54 PM
PayPal payments can be disputed and reversed very easily. I would not do it.

To true there !! It woundnt be a good idea reply to a responce in odd replys

woobla
29-09-2009, 10:56 PM
this is what you do

take his money first.
Then as soon as it is received, send it manually to your bank account. And do not click on anything he sends you always log in by typing the bank account yourself.

Then once it is received, contact paypal and get them to confirm that the money you receive is in good faith and you will not be returning it under any circumstances.

And a person will never offer more money than you put the ad up for. Then shut down your paypal account and continue with the transaction :). if you do it smart you might be able to screw the scammer if he is a scammer ?.

static1800
29-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Best bet not to take the payment from him at all, sounds dodgy.

maca
29-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah it all happened to me a few months back with a phone I was trying to sell on eBay.

The scammers offered me way more than the advertised price and continued to send me fraudulent e-mails claiming to be from eBay and PayPal (even though the actual e-mail address was niether of these.. They were more like ebaycustomerservice@xxxxx.com). <- Can't find a way to disable the e-mail link.

So as others have advised, don't go ahead. Soon he'll be asking you to ship the car to Nigeria :P

gregozedobe
29-09-2009, 11:46 PM
If he can pick it up in person he can pay cash in person. I agree with everyone else, it feels like a scam, so stay right away.

Greg Roles
30-09-2009, 08:58 AM
String him / her along, have some fun. Ask for some happy snaps from the oilrig / boat as you have an interest in marine diesels. Go on...:rolleyes:

maca
30-09-2009, 12:58 PM
String him / her along, have some fun. Ask for some happy snaps from the oilrig / boat as you have an interest in marine diesels. Go on...:rolleyes:
Do that but make sure you tell eBay once you've finished your contact with them.

That way any feedback and fees incurred by the transaction will be wiped clean.

VDUB-BUD
30-09-2009, 02:54 PM
There was a guy on ozhonda who got the same email while selling his car, saying he worked on a rig and wanted to buy his car for his nephew.

The guy from OzHonda new it was a scam from the start and just strung him along. turned out to be a pretty funny story.

dubsweeper
30-09-2009, 04:52 PM
lol told the fella by email last night, your wasting your time and bugger off and that i picked you up right away !!!
and since then no response from him hahaha

Stan
30-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Scam all over this one - paypal scams like this are very common, they will stop payment or file a dispute once the payment is made.
even if you pull the money out, if it is linked to an account or credit card, paypal will go direct for the money. Do not deal with people making these types of offers.