PDA

View Full Version : New Mk1 owner

BiX
24-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi well just saw a link to this forum form the aussieveedubbers forum. I have been into VW's for the last 5 or 6 years, but normlly only aircooled supers. But as the superbug is coming of the road for a full rebuild into a club/PRC rally car next year, i needed a form of transport. A mate was selling his Mk1 as it was either his Mk1 or Beetle had to go. ended up with a mk1 GLS 5 door body, ok interior, Full jamex coilovers, spare set of Koni springs and shocks, 2 sets of 14inch wheels, one set of std 13 inch wheels Gti grill and flares, and a Mk2 K jetronic 8v gti motor,a dn teh body has some rust starting and the paint is faded (nothing a little work won't fix)and all for under 1k. it went into get a roadworhty today, but will need a bit of a tidy up. I mainly into racing and compete in Autocross, Khanacross, Motokhana, and through in a few sprints/hillcimbs and from next year rallies and rally sprints.

Hoping t make the golf a good little sleeper for a road car and the odd motorkhana or similar event. Nothing super hot, jsut fun.

though iam still coming to terms with this whole water is good for an engine thing........... :shock:

GoLfMan
24-10-2005, 09:37 AM
welcome to the light at the end of the tunnel!!!! :P nice to have you on board bix... post some pikkies of your ride :) you wanna sell some of those parts mate?
also chuck your location up, as in city wise..
welcome again :)