PDA

View Full Version : VIC 2x MK3 golfs in bairnsdale

dylan8
28-09-2009, 07:33 PM
one green with roof racks, pretty sure its local.
and tonight at 5pm a maroon one with colour coded number plates. someone on here?

kim.beveridge
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi there..

The maroon one was mine, it also had roof racks and the colour coded number plates as you noted.. Visiting family, and was heading back to Melbourne on Monday night.

Do you have a Bora, how do you find it? I am thinking of upgrading from the MK3 (as we have had it since new). Not sure what to go to, either a Mk5 GTI or a V5 Bora, obviously there is a price difference there, so trying to work which ay to go, i am thinking that the Bora might be better value for money for me as it will be the family car. I think i can get a nice one for around 20k, where as the GTI, I am looking at around 35k

see ya
Kim.

dylan8
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi there..

The maroon one was mine, it also had roof racks and the colour coded number plates as you noted.. Visiting family, and was heading back to Melbourne on Monday night.

Do you have a Bora, how do you find it? I am thinking of upgrading from the MK3 (as we have had it since new). Not sure what to go to, either a Mk5 GTI or a V5 Bora, obviously there is a price difference there, so trying to work which ay to go, i am thinking that the Bora might be better value for money for me as it will be the family car. I think i can get a nice one for around 20k, where as the GTI, I am looking at around 35k

see ya
Kim.

Hey Kim,
Don't see alot of pre MKIV VWs around here so they stand out a fair bit (to me anyways :rolleyes:)
Yep have a Bora, only a 2lt though. I love it! only down fall is its not the most powerful car, but it makes up for that in its lack of fuel usage.
I cant compare to a GTI as i haven't been in one, but if you go the cheaper option defiantly have a look at the boras. Good luck!