PDA

View Full Version : how many plugs on a '90 GTi instrument cluster?

hill billy
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
hi,

when I got my GTi it had a few issues with the dash, lights and temp guage not working, that I thought would be a simple fix, not so, when I removed the cluster many expletives were uttered ( see pics ). It would seem that at some time the cluster had been nicked, but instead of unplugging it the loom was cut. now it has the incorrect cluster and some one has done the worst ever attempted repair to the wiring.

Does any one know how many plugs on a '90 Digi 2 MFA GTi instrument cluster? some I have seen on ebay have 2 plugs, one at each end.

Does anyone have one for sale?

Steve

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/02/wires-2.jpg

Golf Loon
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
The late model Digi cars like yous should have a single plug, white connector.
Different kind of connector to the earlier cars.

there is a guy in Melbie wrecking a Mk2 atm, best plan would be to get the dash loom and clocks from that car if possible and plug em in ;)

Check the classified section.

hill billy
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
cheers Loon,

getting the loom from that Melb car, the dash was gone already.

hopefully it works with the dash I have, not shuewhich model its from, would like to get a dash with the MFA at some stage.

BTW do you know what are dashes with 2 plugs from?

Steve

Golf Loon
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
If that loom is from an Aussie Car, it will have the single plug, same as Seat GTI clockswise.

The one and 2 pin clock sets are from overseas models, one is with mfa one is without. I have dash looms here from the UK, that you can plug those clocks in you have there, but if you want to use the 90spec loom you will get from the Melb car, you need aussie spec clocks.

Clear as mud? Good Luck :D