PDA

View Full Version : MkVI GTI heated seats

MadWorm
27-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a Mark VI 3 door GTI with ACC, DSG, Sunroof and Leather. Red goes quickest so it will most likely be red.

I posted this question in the newbies thread but I figure more people will see it here. Mods please forgive me for my enthusiam:bowdown:.

But I've got a burning question I'm hoping someone can help with. I like leather because it's practical and heated - I think!?!? Anyway, does anyone know are the leather seats heated on a 3 door? I have read the 3 door does not have electric adjustment and am worried now they may not be heated either. Thanks for your help.

Lima
28-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Can't say for sure on the Mk6, but I would expect them to be heated as they were on the Mk5. Very necessary in our climate too. Especially on a day like today ... 4.5°C at 3pm farkn! :banana:

Interestingly, on our GTI the heated seats are too hot for me on anything higher than 3. Whereas on the S3 they need to be on at least 4 before you can even tell they are on. The Audi seats take longer to warm up too.

team_v
28-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Just be aware that heated seats have been shown to decrease the viability of your "male" count and could cause problems if you are looking to have children.

Especially if you leave them on for long trips.

MadWorm
28-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Feedback noted, thanks team_v.

So, if my 'swimmers' can't make it to the end of the pool successfully, I may have to 'train' more often? :cool:

gregozedobe
28-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I believe that training too frequently leads to reduced effectiveness in this particular "sport" :(

Something to do with the need for each batch of "swimmers" requiring enough time to mature to be able to do the job properly.

Lima
28-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Haha, and I was worried for going OT with my comments on the Audi's seats. :P

fuzion
28-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Haha, and I was worried for going OT with my comments on the Audi's seats. :P

bad visuals.. baddd baddd visuals.

next winter cruise and the heater seat group will be out in their speedo's and ski shirt .... lol

and lima, if your unhappy with your car due to the seats feel free to pass it onto me i dont mind honestly!

Lima
28-09-2009, 04:27 PM
No. :banana: