PDA

View Full Version : Aviva- Short Film

Preen59
27-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey guys. A good friend of mine has had his short film chosen to be in an online Short Film Festival type thing.

Anyways, in interest of getting him some exposure i thought i'd post it up. If you like it, please vote for it. :)

http://www.filmskillet.com/index.php?mode=shows&view=show&show_id=379

Preen59
27-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Any interest? Love to hear some feedback guys.. :)

Greg Roles
28-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Well because you've obviously got no other friends, at all, I decided to give your short film a go. Whilst I'm not short film buff, I do get the general idea.

I liked the camerawork and the way it was shot. The transition from scene to scene was seamless, and I understood the flashbacks to reality etc. A pretty solid story that could have been done a lot worse, and he covered a fair bit of ground in only several minutes. I've certainly seen a lot worse!

What did make it hard to believe was the acting. Now I realise the budget didn't allow for big names, but I had a hard time getting into the idea that a relatively attractive and quietly spoken young woman was indeed a hallucinating junkie. Seemed far to calm and placid for the role to me, but that's just my opinion. Certainly doesn't take away from what your mate has done with direction and storyline. I just would have expected more urgency in needing to score, more upset in breaking up with the boyfriend, that kind of thing.

I hope he gets some press and goes on to bigger things. Perhaps he could do your life's story one day, no wait, that'd be an even shorter film.

Carry on.

Preen59
28-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Greg. I'll let him know.. :)

Oh well done there. I'd have a shot at you about being an old fart and not having a budget to stretch long enough to cover the years you've been alive.. But that would be rude, now, wouldn't it?? :P

Tim
28-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I wanted more character development on the fluffy dice.. Killed off way too early in the movie.

Greg Roles
29-09-2009, 12:29 PM
If you stopped being rude Preeny I'd wonder what was wrong.

Young punk.

Preen59
29-09-2009, 09:32 PM
If you stopped being rude Preeny I'd wonder what was wrong.

Young punk.

Hahaha this will get old pretty fast i'm imagining.

Thanks for the comments (all 2 of them). I wanted honest and i got it. :)

Whubbsie
29-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Amateur contest yeah? if so its pretty damn good, camera work was slick, colour continuity was pretty good but now I'm wondering if some of the inconsistency were meant to be reality/drug haze shifts.
Acting was fine not great I didn't mind it, I like that the main character was softly spoken and not the usual arm scratching dirty junky stereotype.
Not sure if the blond chick with the cardie was suppose to be a mother figure if so she should of been an actual older person kind of the only thing that threw me.

Over all it was good and watchable but reality/drug haze shifts could of been more pronounced, acting a bit tighter.

Definitely got something going with the camera work was not expecting the through the TV and out the window shots which were very cool.