PDA

View Full Version : GTI Mk6 specs!

ricksterrr
23-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Was bored tonight, so decided to browse around VW's website tonight... did some tinkering around with the URL and lo' and behold

Mk6 GTI specs:

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/golf/pricing___specifications.Par.0015.File.pdf

ricksterrr
23-09-2009, 09:25 PM
2 of the options in the options list caught my eye:

- Alloy wheels (Detroit) 18 x 71⁄2” with 225/40 R18 tyres (4)
(finally! Hopefully it'll be offered at a decent price)
- Rear View Camera (RVC) with static guidance lines RVC can be combined with the RCD510 or optional RNS510 satellite navigation system.
(many had assumed that the RVC can only be equipped with the RNS510)

golfyvic
23-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey Guys,

New GTi owners will be disappointed when the new R20 comes to oz. Just hit the German motor show this week, and the numbers are awesome!! Most powerful golf ever built, (factory specs of couse..) 200KW 2.0L turbocharge 0-100 mid 5's!!!

Yevvy
23-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Guys,

New GTi owners will be disappointed when the new R20 comes to oz. Just hit the German motor show this week, and the numbers are awesome!! Most powerful golf ever built, (factory specs of couse..) 200KW 2.0L turbocharge 0-100 mid 5's!!!

and why would they be disappointed? :confused:

golfyvic
23-09-2009, 09:52 PM
cos the power output of 151KW is not far off the MKV output of 147KW

ricksterrr
23-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Well there is a reason why the current GTI and the R32 co-exist - they cater to different markets and obviously at different price points. I highly doubt that many mk5 GTI owners were 'disappointed' when the R32 was released.

Likewise, the Mk6 GTI and the R will also co-exist and will target different segments of the hot-hatch market - the GTI will satisfy the majority of people looking for a hot-hatch whilst the R are targeted towards the upper niche who are more cashed up and are probably considering the Audi S3.

Just also realised that the RCD510 is standard in the mk6 GTI which is a pleasant surprise! I guess the wait was worth it after all! Now VWG Aus, tell us the release date and price!

golfyvic
23-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Sorry mate, what I was alluding to was prospective MKVI buyers will be dissapointed when they see not much power difference between the MKV & MKVI GTi's

Yes the GTi & R series, are different markets...

rider007
24-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Good find ricksterr. Things I noticed. 3 Door is specced :banana: Leather upholstery is only available in Vienna Black :( . Only five colour choices :(

Anfield
24-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Excellent find! Can you do the same thing for the GTD please....

:P

Yevvy
24-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry mate, what I was alluding to was prospective MKVI buyers will be dissapointed when they see not much power difference between the MKV & MKVI GTi's

fair enough but you should read some of the reviews on why the didn't give an extra million hps. try to get your hands on may issue of top gear aus they have an excellent review.

Quote Dirk Hussman (marketing boss for golf): "The Gti is not only about power. This is a mistake our competitors make. They don't understand the Gti philosophy. They might be able to match or exceed the performance, or match or exceed the handling, but often there is a compromise. Perhaps in attempt to get a power advantage, the delivery isn't as smooth..."

cme2c
24-09-2009, 12:33 PM
they must be on to you . I got a 404 :bangheadwall:

bwen
24-09-2009, 12:40 PM
they must be on to you . I got a 404 :bangheadwall:

404 now for me also, anyone else have a copy?

T Go
24-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I got a 404 also, but refreshed a couple of times and it was up.

ricksterrr
24-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Yup - looks like VW realised and removed it from their web server.

If you missed out on a copy of the PDF, PM me with your email.

golfyvic
24-09-2009, 09:15 PM
fair enough but you should read some of the reviews on why the didn't give an extra million hps. try to get your hands on may issue of top gear aus they have an excellent review.

Quote Dirk Hussman (marketing boss for golf): "The Gti is not only about power. This is a mistake our competitors make. They don't understand the Gti philosophy. They might be able to match or exceed the performance, or match or exceed the handling, but often there is a compromise. Perhaps in attempt to get a power advantage, the delivery isn't as smooth..."

Yeah OK...

Lima
24-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Was bored tonight, so decided to browse around VW's website tonight... did some tinkering around with the URL and lo' and behold

Mk6 GTI specs:

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/golf/pricing___specifications.Par.0015.File.pdf

You have PM. :banana:

Lima
24-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Guys,

O RLY - this comes a big surprise, haha.

I dare say most people reading this thread have been anticipating the Golf R for close to 12 months, at the very least.

:cool:

ricksterrr
25-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Emails sent!

GTi Crow
25-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Emails sent!

Didn't receive, have sent pm request for resend.

ricksterrr
26-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Didn't receive, have sent pm request for resend.

Sent again. Must've been a problem with my email the first time round.

Let me know if you've PM'd me and still haven't received the spec sheet yet.

To those who have a copy and will be placing an order - have you decided what kind of spec you are going for?

Plopeye
26-09-2009, 04:30 AM
To those who have a copy and will be placing an order - have you decided what kind of spec you are going for?

I am new to the whole GTi experience but have read nothing but good things from these cars. I use to have an EK9 honda civic type r so am familiar with "hot hatches"

Anyway the other day i took a mkv for a test drive and was nothing but impressed. This car covers all bases for me, it is quick, comfortable, sounds good, roomy, classy and a nice interior. I do alot of driving so comfort is a big thing but alo performance is handy as well. Being new to DSG I was a little apprehensive and thought the fun of driving would be diminished by this system compared to a manual transmission... boy was i wrong.

So i think during the week I will head back to the local adelaide VW dealership and put down a deposit on a mkvi gti (i do like the look of the 6 more than the 5).

For me I will opt for the following:

Black
18 inch detroit wheels
electronic seat control
DSG
Upgraded stereo with ipod support
Possibly a bike rack or sunroof
Cant remember if leather was standard or not, but i would opt for the leather.

gregozedobe
26-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Just watch out for the result of specifying all those (expensive) options, you may end up spending more than you thought ;)

Plopeye
26-09-2009, 11:30 AM
you are right because my eyes are probably bigger than my wallet. But i used the mkv spec sheet the dealer gave me as a comparison. Obviously I am only using it as a rough idea. Just have to see what the rrp is for the mk6. The Sales manager is expecting 1k to 2k more than the 5 when it was released. Ill go back during the week to see if any more info is available.

Lima
27-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Emails sent!

Thank you.

GTi Crow
27-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Specs>
DSG
Carbon Steel - need to see the actual live version though before committing.
Satnav
Park Assist - for the wife.
Leather
Bi-Xenon headlights

Now the wait to see the cost! :confused: