PDA

View Full Version : T5 TDI rotors

VWT5TDI
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
hey, im new to this forum, and i would like to ask a few question....firstly i need to upgrade my front/rear rotors of my T5 cause i feel it doesn't stop that well......does anyone know where i can get some? Hopefully a high performance one.... Secondly, i have search the net for a B.O.V for the my van but have no luck in doing so...any help is greatly appreciated...

phaeton
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Welcome aboard VWT5TDI :D

Someone will help if not try http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=15
English based T5 Forum

Seano
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Try different pads first..........EBC Greenstuff pads might be available.

What the heck is a B.O.V.?

phaeton
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM

Good question :D lol

EDIT it means blow off valve ;)

DubSteve
02-02-2007, 10:08 AM
lol Thanks phaeton for that, try pm 1DUB2C I know its not much but he was able to find one for his passat maybe he can set you on the right path.

VWT5TDI
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Mk3vr6 but is 1DUB2C passat a desiel though??? cause i can the Blow Off Valve for non desiel, but with desiel is a different setup to normal petrol...i'll try him any, thankx for the help.....

VWT5TDI
02-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Try different pads first..........EBC Greenstuff pads might be available.

Yeah I try it and it stops a little bit better but not good enough for me though, need something like slotted rotors....any help would greatly appreciated

Seano
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
The main thing to remember here is that you have a van. Not a sedan. Or a sports car. So it won't necessarily behave like one. Ever. No matter what you do to it. That said.....

The T5 is probably still too new for most aftermarket brake rotors like www.dba.com.au and since it is based on a commercial van and not a sports car them it is unlikely that they will make an all singing and dancing sports rotor for a very small market.

You may find you'd have to spend the big bucks for a custom brakes kit if you want flash rotors a'la Brembo or what have you. Besides upgraded calipers will do more than slotted rotors I'd suggest.

In the meantime try doing the little things...upgraded brake lines, altered driving style etc.

Moonan
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
It might be a long shot, but just maybe...
Touareg owners who have "bigger" engines look down their noses at those of us with R5 TDIs (at least until we tell them about >1000km on a tank) as we share many parts with the T5. One is, of course, the engine, and another is the collection of bits that live inside the mudguards.
"Grown-up" eggs have 130mm wheel bolt pitch wheels and large multi-caliper brembo brakes, while the R5 (probably to meet gov't tender specs in EU) shares both wheel and braking systems with a T5. Or at least that is what I have been led to believe...
So, look to importers from Europe or tap the on-line sellers who supply the R5 Touareg market there. This is the most popular Touareg in the domestic EU market so there is sure to be something out there.
Happy hunting..

VWT5TDI
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
The main thing to remember here is that you have a van. Not a sedan. Or a sports car. So it won't necessarily behave like one. Ever. No matter what you do to it. That said.....

The T5 is probably still too new for most aftermarket brake rotors like www.dba.com.au and since it is based on a commercial van and not a sports car them it is unlikely that they will make an all singing and dancing sports rotor for a very small market.

You may find you'd have to spend the big bucks for a custom brakes kit if you want flash rotors a'la Brembo or what have you. Besides upgraded calipers will do more than slotted rotors I'd suggest.

In the meantime try doing the little things...upgraded brake lines, altered driving style etc.

Yeah i tried dba they are no good either....they dont have it for my van, and as for the upgrade callipers, i dont think so, not worth it not for a van anyway, its not the way i drive either, because if you have a 1 tonne at the back, you need something to stop the van from moving.....

baconmeister
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I got my T5 multivan pads from www.brakes4u.co.uk, at the moment you can only get the EBC Ultimax pads which is R90 approved so shouldn't be too bad. You may also get the EBC Rotors from them at a reasonable shipping cost. Was quoted by the dealer today for just changing the front brake pads @ $340.

I got my front and rear pads from brakes4u.co.uk for a bit over $200.00 AUD including shipping. What a saving!!!

VWT5TDI
22-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I got my T5 multivan pads from www.brakes4u.co.uk, at the moment you can only get the EBC Ultimax pads which is R90 approved so shouldn't be too bad. You may also get the EBC Rotors from them at a reasonable shipping cost. Was quoted by the dealer today for just changing the front brake pads @ $340.

I got my front and rear pads from brakes4u.co.uk for a bit over $200.00 AUD including shipping. What a saving!!!

thanks for the info....i'll check it out