PDA

View Full Version : RoofRack City in Adelaide

mickofoz
21-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm looking at getting a Sunroof for my new Tigga. I didn't like the big factory roof as you cannot completely close it. With our sun in this country, this basic shadecloth wouldn't do it. So I want a standard sunroof installed with a decent sliding sky to block out the sun.

Robby K
21-09-2009, 11:21 PM
They're good operators at RoofRack City, Ive dealt with them on a few different levels, always professional and always good quality work.

h100vw
22-09-2009, 08:27 AM
As a Pom in Australia, my thoughts would be factory or nothing. Aftermarket roofs knock secondhand value pretty bad in the UK. So I'd consider that fact before having one fitted.

My 2 pence:eek: :)

Gavin

borbor1313
22-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I agree with h100vw . Any savings over factory will be lost come resale time.

Robby K
22-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I agree with h100vw . Any savings over factory will be lost come resale time.

Thats not always true.... Ive seen them do aftermarket sunroofs that looked almost identical inside and out to a factory unit... Just depends on the car, I think the best bet is to speak to them yourself.
These guys are not hacks and they deal directly with alot of dealers so they do know what they're doing, its not like the dodgy old sunroofs you put in your datsun 120y that leaked like a sieve.

mickofoz
22-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Re-sell value is not really an issue as the car will go back to the dealer as a trade-in. The dealer will not drop the value when you buy a brand new car. At least that has been my experience in the past. In fact, my latest trade-in for a '07 Polo GTI with 36000km was $21000. That's more than you would get anywhere else.