PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi lancer ralliart or golf mk6 gti

nomodlowkmgti
21-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Drove the ralliart last weekend not bad its got a dsg like auto and went hard the shifts were so fast its $39990 driveaway ,they say 0 -100 6.2 sec .I need to drive golf i think do ya think i could get a gti golf mk6 dsg with free on roads i think i could have enough money if the vw dealer put free on roads or am i dreaming .Im trying to sell my 2006 red polo gti 7900km for $18490.Would i be better to trade it in.

team_v
21-09-2009, 07:54 PM
You are dreaming.

See here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=34603

There are not going to be any discounts for about the first year of sales or until supply outsrips demand.

The ralliart is okay but the looks are terrible, it looks like the car has been run into a wall from the front.

nomodlowkmgti
21-09-2009, 08:06 PM
You are dreaming.

See here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=34603

There are not going to be any discounts for about the first year of sales or until supply outsrips demand.

The ralliart is okay but the looks are terrible, it looks like the car has been run into a wall from the front.

So it will be like when mk5 came out you have to order pay full retail and on roads +options .if so im out all i want is a white mk6 gti with dsg 5 door aircon no options .what price and time to get it am i looking at.

triode12
21-09-2009, 08:49 PM
My wife and I checked out the Lancer range last year when we were looking for a new car (not the Ralliart specifically) but the top of the range at the time. And out of the three cars we were looking at (Civic, Impreza, Lancer). The quality of the interior of the Lancer was the poorest. The quality of the plastics (e.g. switches) felt like those of an 80s car (and designed in that era) - way behind the other two. We went with the Civic Sport instead even though it was made in Thailand.

We traded in the Civic for our Pirelli this June and the Golf is another step up from even the Civic in the quality department.

The MkVI's quality is supposed to be better than that of the MkV so I'd think you'd find that the MkVI would stomp on the Ralliart in that dept.

nomodlowkmgti
21-09-2009, 09:25 PM
My wife and I checked out the Lancer range last year when we were looking for a new car (not the Ralliart specifically) but the top of the range at the time. And out of the three cars we were looking at (Civic, Impreza, Lancer). The quality of the interior of the Lancer was the poorest. The quality of the plastics (e.g. switches) felt like those of an 80s car (and designed in that era) - way behind the other two. We went with the Civic Sport instead even though it was made in Thailand.

We traded in the Civic for our Pirelli this June and the Golf is another step up from even the Civic in the quality department.

The MkVI's quality is supposed to be better than that of the MkV so I'd think you'd find that the MkVI would stomp on the Ralliart in that dept.

Yes i know the power went to my head i have to say the ralliart is good off the lights drag car with it de tuned 177kw evo engine and dsg.But i now remember the dash and trim feel and look hard and jap looking.I will find out when i look at the golf nxt weekend how the interior is.

philthy
21-09-2009, 09:29 PM
What about something like this?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/demo/details.aspx?R=7304735&__sid=122A5888E3A5&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294962746%2042949 62677%204294789929&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=4&silo=1011

I personally love the interior of the Pirelli.:beer:

pologti18t
22-09-2009, 10:17 AM
All roadtests of the Ralliart have said it isn't much of a drivers car at all. So-so handling, average (for the power) performance and a petrol guzzler.

Much better to get the improved WRX at that price. Spend 2500 getting the leather/sunroof pack.

Golf88
22-09-2009, 05:35 PM
i enjoyed the ralliart when i took it for a test.. and its a bargin with the power and awd! im not a fan of the wrx new shape. something that may also be worth looking into is the maintenance... vw isnt a cheap car to service... but i havent driven any golf but my own which is a go slow m4 2L.. i love the feel of a hatch rather then a sedan handling wise

Gav23
22-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi guys, new to the forum and usually keep quiet on these things for the first few months and just read, but thought I'd comment here as I am in a similar situation to nomodlowkmgti. I won't be buying for probably close to 12 months, but that hasn't stopped me spending countless hours researching what I want to buy!

It all comes down to you, and what you want in a car.

- How important is AWD?
- How important is speed?
- How important is it to have a car that is "fun to drive"?
- What type of driving will you be doing?
- How important is interior?
- How important is the exterior looks?
- How important is fuel consumption?
- How important is re-sale value?
- Do you have any specific considerations? (room for kids, golf clubs, will your partner drive the car too, etc)
- And of course, how much can you afford?

nomodlowkmgti, I don't know where you got your figures from, but the vast majority of reports I've read have said the Ralliart's does 0-100km in 6.7secs. It barely beats a GTi off the mark, has cheap and nasty interior, and uses over 40% more fuel than the GTi.

The new WRX is great performance wise, and is much faster. 0-100km in 5.3-5.5secs (depending on the review you read). But it's a fuel guzzler, pretty much on par with the Lancer. And the interior is woeful. The WRX also won the "2009 Bang for Your Buck" award.

Both the Lancer and WRX are fugly IMO, but each to their own.

If you want the AWD and the DSG-like gearbox - but the interior, fuel consumption and resale value are of no importance, then maybe the Lancer Ralliart is the best option for you. If it's outright speed to want and nothing else matters, the WRX is probably best suited for you.

Personally, I do a lot of city driving (around 500KM per week). I want something reasonably quick, but I'm not looking at breaking the land/speed record and I don't want a 'cop magnet'. Because of the amount of city driving I do I want something that is reasonably economical. If I'm spending $40K a car, I want something reasonably comfortable with a decent interior. And I want a "fun" driving experience. My price limit was originally $40K, but I'd rather wait a few extra months and pay a bit more for a car that I know is best for me. Resale value for GTi's is fantastic too, so that makes my decision to go over my budget more reassuring.

But I don't know you, you'll have to take your own personal situation into account to decide which is best for you.