PDA

View Full Version : Hello, l have an Rs on the way.

Graybags
21-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself.
My Name is graham and I live In Melbourne and we(my wife and I) have just ordered a Anthracite Rs wagon with leather, zenons, cornering foglights, sunroof and parking sensors. Future mods include AVC 9001-1 entertainment system from Auspack Electronics and a Bluefin remap.
Let me say that George from Richmond Skoda was great to deal with, and offered a great price with out to much haggling. Preston on the other hand left a lot to be desired with the usual "if you sign today we can do you a deal" spiel that immediately turns us off.
Hardest part was choosing the colour and getting factory leather or a retriming it ourselves.
My wife drives a Mkv FSI Golf sportline so the Octavia is familiar and I am selling my beloved WRX to make way for this family wagon.
I have been reading these and other forums with interest for awhile now and havent found one bad review and Im quite excited to be getting one but have been told a 3 month wait before it arrives.
Looking forward to being part of Skoda community.
Graham

K1W1
21-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi.

Anthracite is a great colour. I have a RS hatch on order in Anthracite. :cool:

If it's not a rude question what sort of money is the AVC 9001-1 worth?

Graybags
21-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi K1W1, na its ok heres an email I recieved this afternoon.
Hi Graham

Thanks for your enquiry
We can supply the AVC-Octavia which includes
navigation software and maps,
IPOD cable,
bluetooth
Digital TV tuner for a cost of 769.00, this unit is the AVC9000-1 equivalent for the Skoda with green illuminated buttons and the Skoda logo on the splash screen.
Digital radio is not available on these units.
The system will no be compatible with the on screen display function of the reversing sensors, however the reversing sensors will still emit an audible warning.
If you have any further question please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Kind regards
Rob
Auspack Electronics

I was hoping the parking sensors would still work as factory but apparently not.
Would have loved black or blue but one is to boy racer ish (wife says) and one is to hard to keep clean (I say).

K1W1
21-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks. That's a much better option than the factory sat/nav imo.
Shame about the digital radio maybe I'll wait a little while and see how quickly it arrives I'm a covert now we have it at home. I hear that the standard Bolero radio is quite good anyway and I've ordered the Skoda Blueooth and iPod interface with mine anyway.

On the black subject we already have one black car at home and that is never clean, we had an anthracite BMW in the 1980's and that showed far less dirt.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/09/3535695694_c60547c35b_b-2.jpg