PDA

View Full Version : MelbRoads - Find good driving roads or post your own

MelbRoads
18-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I've recently created a new Website called MelbRoads - designed for finding good driving roads or submitting your own. You'd all make my day if you could take five minutes and submit a new road - or just let me know what you think of the website through the feedback.

http://www.melbroads.com/

I've spent over a year coding this website, and it's survival will depend if people add a good road or two :)

Thanks everyone,

Daniel

Mods - I've gotten The_Hawk's permission to post this

lawny
18-09-2009, 04:47 PM
yeah pretty good site mate, gotta get the kinglake route on there, plenty of winds, great in the car and on the bike.

nice 1

Tim
18-09-2009, 04:50 PM
what id like to see is melb cruise routes! That would make life easier when it comes to planning cruises anyways :P

Tim
18-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Also i forgot to add.

How terrible unpolitically correct! I love it! :D

Jarred
18-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice site and good idea.

but is this just so coppers know exactly where to look for us now? :(

Whubbsie
18-09-2009, 05:54 PM
haha damn another idea I've been beaten too! :P great site mate trying to put my routes in but I double back over a lot of bits so not sure if I should break it down or just put it in and hope people can figure it out.

The_Hawk
18-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice site and good idea.

but is this just so coppers know exactly where to look for us now? :(

Plenty of hoons already work for the cops and they have a very good idea when all the "good" roads are. Any publicly organised event is likely to have someone in the cops who knows about it, how likely they are to turn up is another question. Unless the club has a bad reputation it's unlikely ;)

Back to the more pressing topic. You know we are going to ban you unless you now make some sister sites for the other states right? :banana::driver::tapfingers::checkeredflag:

MelbRoads
18-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone -

Glad to get positive feedback. I'll get on the other states right away!

Is the process of adding a road/route straightforward, or can it be improved upon? As I said, I literally launched this a week ago so feedback is much appreciated, via the forum or the website (on the right hand side)

Cheers,
Daniel

rayray086
18-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Would be good to see this branch out to other states too! Maybe a prospective project some time in the future?

Ben_GTI
19-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow the cops are just openly asking where to patrol now hahaha.

Cynicism aside, its a nice site to share good roads. Hopefully we'll see some good ones on there.