PDA

View Full Version : 78 mk1 golf wrecking

lawny
17-09-2009, 12:49 PM
red 78 mk1 at cambellfield pick a part. havent seen it yet, going today. they said they have only had it for a week and most of stuff is still there. will keep all posted when i go and see it, i will also take some photos.

GoLfMan
17-09-2009, 12:59 PM
any rust matey? wouldnt mind a rust free tailgate or some roof section for sheet metal

lawny
17-09-2009, 01:00 PM
any rust matey? wouldnt mind a rust free tailgate or some roof section for sheet metal

not sure dude, gunna go out there tomorrow morning to look at it. take some photos

Jarred
17-09-2009, 01:29 PM

you have a spare tailgate behind the shed :?

Spyda
17-09-2009, 03:56 PM
The car is ok.

Its a 1.6l 4 speed with no emission gear. 330,000kms. 4door.
It was owned by a student and looks like they took care of it, regular service acording to the stickers on the window.
The interior has been re-done in grey carpet, the boot floor and walls, parcel shelf, door cards, dash but under the dash is the worst ive ever seen. No holes in the seats but the patern on them looks like the carpet we had in high school, very ugly.

I didnt have a good look at the tail gate but it does look to be rust free, i had to brake the lock so i could open it though. The car was resprayed some time ago but the paint has faded badly and the rust in the A pillar has blistered. Window seasl are shocking but the metal chrome is good on the side windows

When i got there it was missing the front bumper and grill, looks like some one took that stuff and couldnt get past the mk1 advanced security to open to tail gate and take the rear bumper so they took the rear end caps and damaged the rubber that goes in the middle. Everything else is there including the spare tyre. Engine looks complete as was the interior. It has NEW school roof racks aswell.

Ive taken the rear bumper, mirrors and the plastic around the door pull. I also found a complete Haynes Manual. I pulled the clocks out as the surround look almost new but i didnt take it because the red film for the handbrake light crumbled away. The clocks are speedo and time, no tacho. I also wanted to take the rear lights but decided not to because one was glued and ive got enough rear lights as is. They are original hella and no noticable cracks. Its got a cool steering wheel but the leather on it is stuffed.

Thats about all i can think of. Hope it helps.

Jarred
17-09-2009, 04:15 PM
sounds like it has a diesel cluster, maybe it was a GLD orig. might have the under bonnet noise surpressant stuff, if anyone wants some of that.

Spyda
17-09-2009, 08:16 PM
sounds like it has a diesel cluster, maybe it was a GLD orig. might have the under bonnet noise surpressant stuff, if anyone wants some of that.

Correct it did have the under bonnet noise surpressant, still intact and looking good.